Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

They've probably seen what happened with El Ghazi. Had about two sub cameos in three months and was miles off it early on at Everton and then hardly used in the run in.

That was coming off a very productive 20/21 for him and he had his moments in 19/20 aswell so not like we're talking about a player who hardly played for a couple of seasons.

Other clubs aren’t interested in Sanson because of what happened to El Ghazi?

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

5 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

They've probably seen what happened with El Ghazi. Had about two sub cameos in three months and was miles off it early on at Everton and then hardly used in the run in.

That was coming off a very productive 20/21 for him and he had his moments in 19/20 aswell so not like we're talking about a player who hardly played for a couple of seasons.

Everton, a relegation threatened club, didnt use El Ghazi, cus he's just not that good.

I dont think its any more deep than that.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Other clubs aren’t interested in Sanson because of what happened to El Ghazi?

For whatever reason he's barely played for 12 months so no not many clubs will look at player when he's lacking intensity and not even proven in this league.

Some clubs from abroad would be interested but given we signed him for 15m he's obviously on a very good wage and mid table clubs in France, Italy and Spain generally don't pay 50-60k a week so we're stuck until we agree to pay % I imagine.

That's always more to deals than just whether a player has ability or not. We saw with Barkley and Drinkwater the dangers of taking on players who didn't play much when they signed even if both had some good premier league seasons in the past.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Everton, a relegation threatened club, didnt use El Ghazi, cus he's just not that good.

I dont think its any more deep than that.

He has his limitations but he did hit double figures in 20/21. However it's spun with endless penalties or whatever he did fine that season, look at how he was playing over xmas 2020 for example. We should've sold him but Grealish leaving meant we lost focus on transfers and so he was kept as continuity but his value is hardly anything now.

Edited by VillaChris

6 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

For whatever reason he's barely played for 12 months so no not many clubs will look at player when he's lacking intensity and not even proven in this league.

Some clubs from abroad would be interested but given we signed him for 15m he's obviously on a very good wage and mid table clubs in France, Italy and Spain generally don't pay 50-60k a week so we're stuck until we agree to pay % I imagine.

That's always more to deals than just whether a player has ability or not. We saw with Barkley and Drinkwater the dangers of taking on players who didn't play much when they signed even if both had some good premier league seasons in the past.

I see where you are coming from but so early on the season a team in the league giving him minutes would be the same as us giving him minutes.  So surely if he is good enough for a mid table Premier League team he is good enough for teams in the bottom half?  I’d expect loan enquiries at least. Maybe they are yet to come.

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I see where you are coming from but so early on the season a team in the league giving him minutes would be the same as us giving him minutes.  So surely if he is good enough for a mid table Premier League team he is good enough for teams in the bottom half?  I’d expect loan enquiries at least. Maybe they are yet to come.

Two years ago he was good enough for a CL club, when did we last play in that again? It's the same as Traore really, his CV is miles good enough for some of the bottom 6 but clearly wages an issue in terms of moving the out of favour players on.

9 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Two years ago he was good enough for a CL club, when did we last play in that again? It's the same as Traore really, his CV is miles good enough for some of the bottom 6 but clearly wages an issue in terms of moving the out of favour players on.

I think, it is appropriate to question our judgement on some of these players.

Its hard to give a firm appraisal on Morgan, as we haven't seen enough of him, due to injuries....I think when players just after recruitment, get injured for long periods the zest, from both sides just dissipates.

What little bits I have seen from him, he shows no effect.....doesn't seem to trouble the opposition, in the slightest, just recycles the ball in a passive fashion.

• Like 1

“Morgan's been very professional, he's been calm, he's been training well but, at the same time, he's frustrated with his game time,” Gerrard outlined. “I respect that, I understand that so, if something lands for Morgan that he wants to pursue, we won't stand in his way. At the same time, he's training well and is pushing to be back in the frame.”

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-transfer-sanson-hause-24804189

Pushing to be back in the frame 😂 vintage Gerrard.

At least that seems to put to bed the rumours that he's some of horrible pro behind the scenes.

7 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-transfer-sanson-hause-24804189

At least that seems to put to bed the rumours that he's some of horrible pro behind the scenes.

It’s seems clear though Gerrard doesn’t rate him and would be fine with him leaving. Not that it’s a surprise.

• Like 1

Apparently they’re exploring a loan for Sanson (The Athletic again):

”But like Traore, Sanson wants to be playing regularly, and the search for a temporary move is on.

Both Besiktas and Galatasaray have shown an interest and the former Marseille man is also open to a return back to France, with various options explored.”

It's interesting looking back at his last competitive appearance for us in early April where we voted him our motm, McGinn had a shocker by all accounts and Buendia came on for Coutinho and was far more effective than him, sound familiar?

36 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

He's not exactly going to say he's a mardy so and so is he? :D

1 hour ago, Xela said:

He's not exactly going to say he's a mardy so and so is he? :D

Well no but you wouldn't think he'd say he's 'very professional' and 'training well' (twice) if he was the opposite. Especially the use of the word very.

Â