Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

5 minutes ago, RichW said:

2 different managers have hardly given Sanson any minutes so something is not right behind the scenes. Can see a loan out to a Ligue 1 side next season. 

Well he was injured when Dean was in charge

2 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I predict he'll be out on loan by next season. We'd want to at least make back the fee we signed him for but we won't get any buyers. Loan to the French league is most likely.

Yeah, difficult to sell him now but should be possible after a loan.

Not convinced he'd be that difficult to sell. People within the game will surely know what he's got based on what he's done in the past.

However, I'd like to see him stay and given a fair shot.

• Like 2

With 9 games left and nothing to play for i'd like to see SG rotate the squad a bit more, including a few starts for Sanson.  It's strange how he hasn't started more since coming back from injury, especially how inconsistent McGinn and Luiz are.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

With 9 games left and nothing to play for i'd like to see SG rotate the squad a bit more, including a few starts for Sanson.  It's strange how he hasn't started more since coming back from injury, especially how inconsistent McGinn and Luiz are.  

He started 2 games all season, home to Chelsea and home to United

He has not once been given a chance vs a team on our level. Its disgusting really 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He started 2 games all season, home to Chelsea and home to United

He has not once been given a chance vs a team on our level. Its disgusting really 

He's been unlucky with injury since he signed, but definitely should have started more games.  

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

He's been unlucky with injury since he signed, but definitely should have started more games.  

He has missed just one game through injury in Gerrard entire reign, think Gerrard has managed 19 games so far

2 starts is poor management considering McGinn has probably played 5 good games in that time

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Zatman said:

2 starts is poor management considering McGinn has probably played 5 good games in that time

Obviously both Dean and Gerrard have seen enough in training to know he's not good enough. That's why he gets such little game time. He'll be sold in the summer for half what we paid for him. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Obviously both Dean and Gerrard have seen enough in training to know he's not good enough. That's why he gets such little game time. He'll be sold in the summer for half what we paid for him. 

Why was he signed then?  This was an experienced player who'd played in the Champions League.  How can it be determined from training that he isn't good enough?  Plenty of times this season McGinn and Luiz have shown they've 'not been good enough' but yet they start every game.  

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Though he is good enough certainly better than McGinn, I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a France call up within a year or 2 of leaving Villa 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Why was he signed then?  This was an experienced player who'd played in the Champions League.  How can it be determined from training that he isn't good enough?  Plenty of times this season McGinn and Luiz have shown they've 'not been good enough' but yet they start every game.  

He’s twice the footballer Mcginn is. Mcginns surviving off his energy and being more physical imo. Because when he gets the ball he can’t play it on the ground, and from what we’ve seen of Sanson I think he can. I thought Gerrard would appreciate that more, but maybe he’s a victim of our lightweight midfield 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, IrishVilla10 said:

He’s twice the footballer Mcginn is. 

He isnt though. If he was both managers would have picked him in the team. He's just another player people want to be good and assume he is because they haven't seen him play week in week out. If he got a run in the team no doubt people would be slating him. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villa89 said:

He isnt though. If he was both managers would have picked him in the team. He's just another player people want to be good and assume he is because they haven't seen him play week in week out. If he got a run in the team no doubt people would be slating him. 

I don't know how you can say that. Sanson hasn't had a run in the team to prove or disprove your comment. Based on his cameos, he is worthy of at least starting a couple of games to see what he can do. 

If you want competition in the squad you have to keep players hungry and feeling like they will get a shot if they prove their worth. That isn't happening at the moment. 

Edited by Made In Aston
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

I don't know how you can say that. Sanson hasn't had a run in the team to prove or disprove your comment.

The fact he hasn't had a run in the team (despite mixed performances by mcginn and luiz) proves my point. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

All of the theorising would be fair enough if we hadn't seen him actually play well on the rare times he's had an opportunity, but we have and as it's the only evidence we have to work off it's fair to say it's at least strange that he hasn't gotten more of a chance.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, villa89 said:

I’m a big fan of Mcginn, but he’s very limited. If you’re choosing a player to keep the ball on the ground and keep possession it’s Sanson every day. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Indigo said:

All of the theorising would be fair enough if we hadn't seen him actually play well on the rare times he's had an opportunity, but we have and as it's the only evidence we have to work off it's fair to say it's at least strange that he hasn't gotten more of a chance.

We haven’t seen him do that much when he’s played though. Some say he ”looks class” but he hasn’t yet been that involved in games. If he could point to something he contributed he’d probably have a stronger case for game time.

Â