Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

1 minute ago, fifamad said:

You joined in October when you knew you were gonna win the league, you don’t fool me it’s passive gloating, what don’t I like about wolves? I don’t like their fans, I don’t like how they’ve cheated their way too promotion, I don’t like their stadium, don’t like Wolverhampton, corrupt sneaky club, it will come back to bite in the end and it will be glorious. 

I wish you'd have told me in October!  I absolutely did not know back then.  As I say, I've been reading for a number of years on and off.

I'm not gloating at all, but I have no way of convincing you of that, you've made your mind up.

Probably should get back to laughing at small heath in this thread.

Just now, Wainy316 said:

Erm yeah... we're not all that bitter.

I know mate :) I've known quite a few Villa fans down here in London and they've all been great.  I have a handful in my wider family too (so I'm not completely inbred ;) ) and they're wonderful, I've always seen it as a good sporting rivalry without the nastiness of the games against the blue and white lot.

1 minute ago, Andy81 said:

I know mate :) I've known quite a few Villa fans down here in London and they've all been great.  I have a handful in my wider family too (so I'm not completely inbred ;) ) and they're wonderful, I've always seen it as a good sporting rivalry without the nastiness of the games against the blue and white lot.

My Dad's a Wolves fan so I'm a bit inbred myself ;)

3 minutes ago, fifamad said:

What a kiss ass 

Not really.  Your reaction is just well over the top and it comes across as sour grapes.

No wrongdoing has been proven yet and it's not like anyone cared when they were languishing in 17th under Lambert using exactly the same business model.

Anyway back OT.  I'd quite like to go to a SHA v Albion game and people watch.  Whereas most fans wind up and gesture at each other, what do their fans do?  Blow kisses and stuff?

3 hours ago, Andy81 said:

What should be clear to you now is that the people running your club really did gamble the house almost on promotion this year.  This honestly isn't me gloating, but it seems they were out thought and out manoeuvred by Fosun, and the way they dealt with this was unsporting.

Well at least you’ve finally admitted that the way Fosun manoeuvred was unsporting ;) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Well at least you’ve finally admitted that the way Fosun manoeuvred was unsporting ;) 

Haha, I don't have a bloody clue mate, I just turn up and make as much noise as possible!

The main thing that became clear to me around this, which I'd never considered before this season, was how FFP is being used to maintain the status quo.

Man City were clearly the last team to sneak in before the drawbridge was raised.  A club like Villa could conceivably attract big investment, but at the moment, as I understand things, they would not be able to take advantage of that because of FFP, which seems anti-competitive to me.

Just now, Andy81 said:

Haha, I don't have a bloody clue mate, I just turn up and make as much noise as possible!

The main thing that became clear to me around this, which I'd never considered before this season, was how FFP is being used to maintain the status quo.

Man City were clearly the last team to sneak in before the drawbridge was raised.  A club like Villa could conceivably attract big investment, but at the moment, as I understand things, they would not be able to take advantage of that because of FFP, which seems anti-competitive to me.

The way Wolves have done it isn’t to spend that big (although you have spent a fair bit) - it’s to have an influencing agent. I find it pretty hilarious that the EFL found everything to be completely above board because Mendes has shares in Fosun’s other subsidiary companies, but not in Wolverhampton Wanderers so that’s absolutely fine :D. You’ve got an incredibly dodgy setup and have managed to attract Porto’s captain to the Championship (I mean, lol) to drive your team to promotion. However, there’s nothing in the rules to state anything wrong has been done! So fair play to you :).

I only hope more clubs start to take the piss in the same manner so FFP can, as you rightly say, be shown up to be a complete farce. Until then, enjoy your success! Best season you’ll have had for a long while. 

2 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

So yeah... Small Heath are shit.

Didn’t even realise this was the Blues thread ?  

I’m still getting texts from my Bluenose mate showing Villa fans crying etc. It’s 4/5 days after the game. What a sad bunch :D 

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

The way Wolves have done it isn’t to spend that big (although you have spent a fair bit) - it’s to have an influencing agent. I find it pretty hilarious that the EFL found everything to be completely above board because Mendes has shares in Fosun’s other subsidiary companies, but not in Wolverhampton Wanderers so that’s absolutely fine :D.

I don't think this is right.  Fosun own Wolves, Guo Guangchang, is a major shareholder in Fosun, and Guo Guangchang owns 20% of Gestifute I think.  I could be wrong about that though.

I'm obviously biased so my opinion is coloured whatever I say on the matter.  If Wolves have done wrong then they should be punished, but so far they have been looked into three times I think.

Thanks for your kind words, I hope you turn out to be the strongest midlands club in the Championship next year, I really do.

My brother is a blue nose - He has been constantly putting Villa related stuff into a whatsapp group and liking loads of tweets that are anti-villa. It's so sad, but also **** hilarious how lame they are. Best moment of their season was us not getting promoted :D 

I was trying to find out this myself but what I found just made me feel worse they are apparently about to sign a Danish left back called Pedersen for 2m and found information regarding ffp right from their chairman Edward Zheng link here http://www.joysandsorrows.co.uk/2018/05/bcfc-quarterly-supporters-forum-24-may/

Edward said we understand it is confusing. Every club in the EFL is very mindful in dialogue about FFP. We are mindful in making decisions in the best interest of the club. Ignore the unfounded incorrect rumours on social media. We continue to do business as usual.  No penalty anticipated.

Garry has already got a list of the players he wants, the right players in the right positions – we trust the manager.

?

Edited by fifamad

53 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

So are SHA in as much FFP based doo doo as us?

They couldn't possibly be.  They're not set up to be a Premier League side.  They don't have Premier League wages.  Proportional to their income, their percentages are probably in much better nick, but it's all relative.  They're in good nick for a club of their size, because they are a club of that size and they're likely to be for the foreseeable future.  They won't be mounting a promotion push any time soon.  Although they do start the season in the automatic places, so that's nice for them :P 

Â