Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

they have no history, no fans and are a Championship club so I don't see it personally. City have always had a decent support and one of the main reasons they were bought is to try and show off by taking the City off the most dominant club in the country.

I think they'd be a prime target for a takeover:

They own the name of the 2nd city

They could expand their stadium if they wanted to

They have more illustrious neighbours in Us, Baggies and Wolves - catching up would be a good challenge in itself

With our decline in recent times (silverware wise), with investment and success they would gain alot of fanbase

They are probably more more attractive to buy than Man City were, except at least Man City had a large fanbase even when they were a championship club.

With our decline in recent times (silverware wise), with investment and success they would gain alot of fanbase.
Are you out of your mind???

Are you seriously suggesting that Villa fans would switch - in numbers - to supporting that shower of shite?

Never in a million years.

With our decline in recent times (silverware wise), with investment and success they would gain alot of fanbase.
Are you out of your mind???

Are you seriously suggesting that Villa fans would switch - in numbers - to supporting that shower of shite?

Never in a million years.

That would be akin to ditching Scarlett Johansson to run away with Susan Boyle!

It's never an issue of fans changing, you'd never change club unless you were a glory fan, or not a proper fan to begin with - but children being raised, particularly in Villa/Birmingham split houses, could be more inclined to support Birmingham than in the past..

Either way, I don't believe they are a good position for a takeover. Their stadium is a dump, their training ground buildings look like an abattoir, their chance of short-term success is minimal. They may well get a takeover, but it won't be one which will massively change their fortunes around.

their training ground buildings look like an abattoir

Do they still train at Wast Hills? I remember seeing them all having a fry-up every lunch time in the cafe at the golf driving range (back in the Francis days).

their training ground buildings look like an abattoir

Do they still train at Wast Hills? I remember seeing them all having a fry-up every lunch time in the cafe at the golf driving range (back in the Francis days).

Yep. It's a massive dump of a place. I did some filming there a while ago, I was amazed at just how much better our facilities were than theirs, I mean it's a GIGANTIC difference. West Brom have a much nicer trainer ground too. Birmingham's isn't even purpose built (or even been redecorated to make it look like it is), it looks like a run down slaughterhouse with a load of Portacabins and then football pitches out the back, with a dimly lit indoor pitch because most of the bulbs have gone.

If I was a professional football who knew nothing about the 2 clubs and I went to the 2 different training grounds it would not be a difficult decision.

It's never an issue of fans changing, you'd never change club unless you were a glory fan, or not a proper fan to begin with - but children being raised, particularly in Villa/Birmingham split houses, could be more inclined to support Birmingham than in the past..

I disagree I think Chelsea/spurs/man city as well as the clubs like arsenal/Manu/liverpool pose more of a threat to our potential fan base than blues

the divide in the city wil remain as always it's the satelite towns that are **** off to be glory hunters that will harm villa, you can't even buy a blues shirt in Kidderminster so I doubt they'll take this town over anytime soon

Hmm, they are leading at half time. The other game in the group is going as planned though.

Question is, would you rather see them go out now or carry on and then witness them blowing up in April? Knowing these spawny **** they'll probably stay in the competition though.

Â