Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

Ryan.

reports that blackburn have agreed £5m fee for scott dann, why the hell are we not in for him? are we that skint

am starting to think if nobody has signed him yet for the cut price fee maybe he isnt that good

Nobody really talked about Dann until he got injured, until then it was all about Johnson then Dann got injured and Small Heath's form dipped and a lot of people suddently decided it was all down to Dann.

They suddenly decided Johnson wasn't that good afterall and Dann became a better player with every game he didn't play.

The truth is both Dann and Johnson are decent but not great, they played in a compact and solid team set up to defend from the front man all the way back and not to let in goals. As the season drew to an end their legs were going as was the confidence and in the weeks after Wembley their motivation as well I believe.

That Small Heath had a decent defence and didn't conceed that many goals was never all down to Johnson, to Dann or to the pair of them but as always a lot of people who watch the game and a lot of people who talk about the game for a living didn't look beyond the obvious.

Dann is a decent player but nothing exceptional and his fee and destination I think will likely reflect that.

Dirty Villa bastard he still is, got the winner against the Boggers didn't he!! (via deflection)

Dann is overrated. Good, but not top 4 material.

ridgewell has had a transfer request rejected.. ut oh!

you need to stay liam and continue your mission, fantastic job so far

I assume he has done this because his agent has got a whiff that a Premier League club want him... anyone else think it could be us? :?

ridgewell has had a transfer request rejected.. ut oh!

you need to stay liam and continue your mission, fantastic job so far

I assume he has done this because his agent has got a whiff that a Premier League club want him... anyone else think it could be us? :?

I must admit, the thought did cross my mind when I saw it on Sky Sports News last night.

So today could see them sell Ridgewell, Dann and Jerome? Oh what happy chaps those noses will be.

I know it is greedy but I'm hoping that they sell a couple more on top of those three just to really tip them over the edge and condemn them to a few more years down there.

Whatever money they get in from flogging these players I'm sure will vanish never to be seen again as well.

I know it is greedy but I'm hoping that they sell a couple more on top of those three just to really tip them over the edge and condemn them to a few more years down there.

who do they have left? :D Fahey maybe or Zigic

:D It just gets better and better, 12% interest :D

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-08-31/birmingham-city-owner-plans-to-borrow-hk-80-million-from-deputy-chairman.html

Birmingham City Owner Plans to Borrow HK$80 Million From Deputy Chairman

QBy Marco Lui - Aug 31, 2011 5:19 AM GMT+0100 .

inShare.0

More

Business ExchangeBuzz up!DiggPrint Email ...Birmingham International Holdings Ltd. (2309), owner of the English soccer club Birmingham City, plans to borrow as much as HK$80 million ($10.3 million) from its newly appointed deputy chairman.

The Hong Kong-based company entered into a two-year loan agreement with Yang Yue Zhou, who was appointed executive director and deputy chairman yesterday, according to a statement to the Hong Kong stock exchange. The interest rate for the unsecured loan is 12 percent a year, it said.

Birmingham shares have been suspended since June 30 when Chairman Carson Yeung was charged with money laundering in a Hong Kong court. Earlier this year, the company said its liabilities exceeded assets by about HK$348 million. Birmingham City was dropped from England’s Premier League last season, three months after winning the League Cup, its first major trophy in 48 years.

“The loan is borrowed at a very high interest rate and it clearly shows that Birmingham is short of cash,” Castor Pang, Hong Kong-based head of research at Core-Pacific Yamaichi International Ltd., said by phone today. “The company has difficulties generating sustainable cash flow, especially after the football club’s relegation.”

Proceeds from the loan will be used for the repayment of debt and as general working capital, the company said in today’s statement. Birmingham International generated 95 percent of its HK$375.4 million in revenue from its football operations in the six months ended Dec. 31, 2010, according to the company.

Hong Kong dollar loans signed by companies in the city since January pay an average margin of 42 basis points more than the Hong Kong interbank offered rate, data on 58 loans tracked by Bloomberg show. A HK$700 million, five-year facility signed by China Oil and Gas Group Ltd. (603) in January offers the highest margin, at 370 basis points more than Hibor, according to the data. Today’s three-month Hibor rate was quoted at 0.27964 percent.

Yang will hold office until the next annual general meeting of Birmingham, the company said in a separate filing to the stock exchange today.

Yeung, the former hairdresser who bought control of the West Midlands-based football team in 2009, faces five charges of dealing with property “known or believed to represent proceeds of an indictable offense,” with a total value of HK$721.3 million, according to court documents.

To contact the reporter on this story: Marco Lui in Hong Kong at mlui11@bloomberg.net

To contact the editor responsible for this story: Gregory Turk at gturk2@bloomberg.net

Defender Scott Dann has joined Barclays Premier League side Blackburn Rovers for an undisclosed fee.

The centre-half has signed a four-year deal with the Ewood Park outfit following a heartfelt phonecall to Peter Pannu in Hong Kong.

It was a conversation which highlighted the mutual respect the pair have for each other and led to the acting chairman sanctioning the player's departure, as he recognised likeable Dann's ambition to remain in the top flight and the courtesy he had in making the call.

:lol::lol::lol:

Most cringeworthy statement ever.

Did they leave somebody to turn the lights off?, , , oh yea Agent Ridgewell keep up the good work.

Ridgewell is gonna be too busy dodging coins to get to the switch. Ex-Villa, blunder prone horse/man goes in hot and heavy to seal a transfer and ends up stuck there with the knuckledraggers. Not a recipe for success.

It's gonna suck to be him for the next few weeks.

Â