Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

Ryan.

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

From a FFP view where are they at? There is talk that rooney will be backed in janaury but how? Didn't they spend big in summer?

Furthermore thwy didnt really raise much 10m at best with sales with the shitter bellingham brother for peanuts and chong?

I think they're absolutely fine r.e: FFP.  A lot of their financial issues were with the previous owners (or... whatever they are now) not being able to get (or not wanting to get) money out of Asia.

Just now, bobzy said:

I think they're absolutely fine r.e: FFP.  A lot of their financial issues were with the previous owners (or... whatever they are now) not being able to get (or not wanting to get) money out of Asia.

But wernt they making massive losses with high wages, on top of that revenues down because stadium has been half empty for years due to the work being done? Then add on that adding new players who surely must be on more money too.

Something dont seem right to me. Financially the mess they were in how has it be sorted within one summer? 

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

But wernt they making massive losses with high wages, on top of that revenues down because stadium has been half empty for years due to the work being done? Then add on that adding new players who surely must be on more money too.

Something dont seem right to me. Financially the mess they were in how has it be sorted within one summer? 

The mess they were in was because of the owners, not FFP (from what I know).

Their transfers over the last 3 seasons have basically been a £0 net spend.

10 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

The stadium was half empty at the weekend. Many, many available seats were empty. 

20 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

17 minutes ago, bobzy said:

The mess they were in was because of the owners, not FFP (from what I know).

Their transfers over the last 3 seasons have basically been a £0 net spend.

Their losses the year before last were over £23m, and the season before that they were about 4m.

Last season put them on the limit for P&S (according to some random fan page I just found). The limit being 39m over three years, which means they lost about 12m last season.

So this year they had about 4m of potential losses to play with... given the state of their stadium and the contacts they'll have dished out, they'll be pretty close to breaching that this season I reckon. Probably saved by the miraculous sponsorship they got courtesy of Tom. 

Next window they'll have much more flexibility as they'll have losses of ~23m to play with again.  Assuming the money is being offered by the owner to spend.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Genie said:

The stadium was half empty at the weekend. Many, many available seats were empty. 

That's a big crowd by their standards. They will just have one stand open soon. And it will still be half empty.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Genie said:

At least Brady would have managed to get a seat then.

Edited by sidcow

I was on the BBC sport page today and thought I'd head over to the Bloser's page on there to have a look at the comments on the Blackburn game. Apart from feeling the need to take a long bath immediately afterwards, I noticed that 4 of the articles on their front page are regarding racist/sexist abuse of players or officials. They must surely realise just what a horrible club they look to the vast majority of football fans? Saying that, I'm sure they use that to fuel their "everybody hates us and we don't care", Millwall-lite mentality.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

As much as it pains me to say it, if they have alround 20m to play with in summer they will have a chance of promotion next season as they will have more money than most sides provided they dump rooney

You're sounding rattled, Dem 🤣

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

As much as it pains me to say it, if they have alround 20m to play with in summer they will have a chance of promotion next season as they will have more money than most sides provided they dump rooney

why would anybody care, they are an absolute irrelevance to us if they come up. 20 million is also not really that much in the Championship, Leicester spent nearly double that in the summer

Â