Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

Ryan.

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Tom Brady investing in Blues is absolutely bizarre

"investing"

It would be interesting to know whether he has actually paid anything at all, and if he has whether he paid for it at the same price as the rest of the ownership. My suspicion is that he's been gifted a notional share (under 5%) as a way to sprinkle some stardust. 

• Like 1

It is a big deal as much as we may laugh. 

There's a trend of this with Sports Stars.

Becks and Messi with Inter Miami, Lewis Hamilton with Denver Broncos. Though it's traditionally been around European Stars *breaking America* the trend has reversed with Wrexham,

it'll be interesting to see if Amazon All or Nothing try and go the Welcome to Wrexham route to compete with Disney+. They now have JJ Watt investing in Burnley and probably the US's biggest sports star in Birmingham. It wouldn't surprise me to see a Broadcast deal follow one of those minority investments.

Brady also has his own sporting line, a potential sponsor there built in for them in the future too to shift around FFP rules.

Amazon would pay big money to have Prime Video placed next to a TB12 logo in the Premier League...

• Like 1

They’re wetting themselves over on SHA. Convinced they’re about to become the biggest club in the Universe. This is going to be hilarious when the wheels come off. Forever in our shadow, forever clutching at straws. A bunch of urchins with their noses squashed against the sweet shop window 😂😂😂

3 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Becks and Messi with Inter Miami, Lewis Hamilton with Denver Broncos. Though it's traditionally been around European Stars *breaking America* the trend has reversed with Wrexham,

it'll be interesting to see if Amazon All or Nothing try and go the Welcome to Wrexham route to compete with Disney+. They now have JJ Watt investing in Burnley and probably the US's biggest sports star in Birmingham. It wouldn't surprise me to see a Broadcast deal follow one of those minority investments.

Brady also has his own sporting line, a potential sponsor there built in for them in the future too to shift around FFP rules.

Amazon would pay big money to have Prime Video placed next to a TB12 logo in the Premier League...

There’s not too much mileage in promoting a gold plated turd.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

The only reason welcome to wrexham worked was because of the owners. Ryan reynolds for example is likeable and well known star.

I genuinely do not know who tom brady is and i suspect alot of people wont know or care to watch a documentary about the blosers

I do think though if you look at the rest of the teams in the championship they seem to not have the pull that blose will now with these guys. Alot of that league has owners with no money or bad ownwrs. I think they will be back in PL in next 5 years personally because they have a financial advantage over other teams

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Reading about his brand I can't help being reminded of Goop. Not the person I would want advising on health and nutrition.

It's also just about how much are we expecting this to matter, really? Nutrition is important, but Tom Brady's not going to be hanging around the training ground canteen checking Tyler Roberts has had enough Huel.

Even if the 'advice' is actually forthcoming, it's just going to be some big-picture suggestions. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:I think they will be back in PL in next 5 years personally because they have a financial advantage over other teams

No they won’t. The owners currently exiting actually bankrolled them to the tune of £100,000,000 during their tenure.Didn’t do them much good.  Hedge funds are not into investing heavily, they see opportunities for a quick improvement at a minimum cost and maximum return. Then they sell.This ship will sink.

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

It's also just about how much are we expecting this to matter, really? Nutrition is important, but Tom Brady's not going to be hanging around the training ground canteen checking Tyler Roberts has had enough Huel.

Even if the 'advice' is actually forthcoming, it's just going to be some big-picture suggestions. 

Yeah, it's definitely no more than a PR exercise. Just seems strange to explicitly link him to an area in which he has had so much controversy, even though he will be doing naff all in practice.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, meregreen said:

No they won’t. The owners currently exiting actually bankrolled them to the tune of £100,000,000 during their tenure.Didn’t do them much good.  Hedge funds are not into investing heavily, they see opportunities for a quick improvement at a minimum cost and maximum return. Then they sell.This ship will sink.

Hope your right. But i have my reservations when i look at the other shit in the championship 

3 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Fairplay to them. exposure. Which they need. Bad news is that more exposure will show everyone worldwide how crap they are.This is the equivalent of David Beckham taking a minority holding in the New England Patriots. 

Small Heath are not the Patriots though, they like Brady win things, unlike Small Heath who are habitual losers. What a shock he's in for when he realises what he's now actually linked with.

My guess is he has some of his money invested in Wagner's Knighthead Capital Management and Wagner has asked him to be the face of that failed attempt at being a football club, probably having paid him in Small Heath shares for doing so. 

By the way has anyone else noticed that Wagner (the first photo below) looks a little like the leader of Wagner (second photo) or even Jasper (third)?:D

HKSE reveals Birmingham City takeover details as Tom Wagner closes on deal  - Birmingham Live image.jpeg.1c0f7268665abc92fd2525027c08b447.jpeg Jasper Carrott cancels stand-up tour to undergo urgent heart surgery - and  can't work for at least three months - Mirror Online

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

The only reason welcome to wrexham worked was because of the owners. Ryan reynolds for example is likeable and well known star.

I genuinely do not know who tom brady is and i suspect alot of people wont know or care to watch a documentary about the blosers

I do think though if you look at the rest of the teams in the championship they seem to not have the pull that blose will now with these guys. Alot of that league has owners with no money or bad ownwrs. I think they will be back in PL in next 5 years personally because they have a financial advantage over other teams

In the UK maybe, but Tom Brady is Basically Beckham with a longer, even more illustrious career in the US (though will have his fair share of haters). 

Â