Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

Ryan.

Karren Brady did a fine job as MD of Birmingham for 16 years but her leaving package is in danger of backfiring badly for City's outgoing directors.

MirrorFootball revealed the terms of her lucrative severance deal on October 2 after seeing the club's takeover recommendation document sent to BCFC shareholders.

The fact she expects to receive various payments totaling seven-figures is not a huge shock to me given her a senior executive position.

But it is the list of cheeky perks like use of a club car, mobile phone, health insurance and an executive box at St Andrews for 12 months after leaving which has really annoyed Carson Yeung's new regime.

And it has prompted Yeung's right-hand man Peter Pannu, a former Hong Kong cop and barrister, to delve into the club's finances in a bid to overturn Brady's package.

Pannu has been in the anti-fraud and organised crime squad in Hong Kong and is extremely street-wise.

So if there has been any improper behaviour at St Andrews, he is sure to find out.

I know the new board are unhappy to have inherited a £6million bill for various agents' fees and transfer instalments on top of paying £1 a share to buy the club in an £80m takeover.

And I think Brady's desire to leave St Andrews with a fat pay-off and a string of benefits could prove a huge mistake.

The perks were all detailed clearly in the leaving terms of her contract at City and were things she enjoyed in employment there.

They were granted by David Sullivan and the Gold brothers using their joint-majority shareholding.

But was it really necessary to tie herself to the club after leaving by insisting on keeping her box for a whole season after Sullivan and the Golds sold their shares?

I am also led to believe she will be due a further £260,000 bonus if City are still in the Premier League next season.

Such perceived greed has infuriated Yeung and his colleagues so much they have already cut off her club phone and stopped her from entering the premises unless invited.

They are also trying to block any future payments to the outgoing directors until they have completed a post-acquisition due diligence on the club's books dating from 2007 when Yeung bought his original shareholding.

And given Brady's role in England's 2018 World Cup bid, and the fact both Sulllivan and the Golds also hope to stay in football, they have a lot to lose should any scandal emerge.

LINK

Vice-chairman Sammy Yu insists Birmingham City will not blow all of their £40million spending spree on one or two "superstars".

It is common knowledge that Birmingham boss Alex McLeish will be handed a substantial sum of money to bring in new additions in the January transfer window to boost his side's chances of Premier League survival following the recent takeover by Hong Kong businessman Carson Yeung.

The rumour mill of who will be arriving at St Andrews in the New Year has already begun, with Celtic's Aiden McGeady and Spurs duo Roman Pavlyuchenko and Alan Hutton linked with the West Midlands outfit.

But Yeung's second in command, Yu, has warned Blues fans not to expect the type of eight-figure fees that have become familiar with Sunday's opponents Manchester City, in a game which can be seen live on Sky Sports 1 and HD 1.

"They have a different way," he told The Independent of the Eastlands outfit.

"Their logic is to do it immediately with the resources they have, get things done the next day. All the best to them, but we are different. We have to make a plan for a long-term programme.

Superstars

"There's no point buying two or three top players costing £20-£40m who come in as superstars, standing in the middle of the park and doing nothing.

"It could happen. We'll get players of reasonable standard, better than we have, who can adapt to the club. We'll accumulate step by step like that, then we'll have a healthy way of proceeding to the top level.

"History has told us about Leeds, a big club, but how quickly they collapsed. From the top of the world to the bottom of hell."

Yu is also adamant that the new regime will allow McLeish the freedom to dictate goings-on at City, even though he will be more hands on than your typical board member.

"All my life I've been involved in football, from the bottom to the top, coaching the national team," he added.

"I was appointed to work mainly at the training ground with Alex, first to improve or strengthen the team and second to see any possibility of helping develop the training ground for young players and future talent."

This is from SkySports website, short links are a mystery to me im afraid!

And not that anyone of you need it, ive highlighted in bold and / or underlined areas that give us ammunition to laugh our socks off at them.

Odds on Ginge being manager there at the end of the season? Short, i would think.

It's a disaster waiting to happen that the owners friend is 'helping' the manager. If they have a disagreement who do you think gets their way? McLeish's head is on the chopping block if things don't go well and this Yu guy probably doesn't have any responsibility. Can see McLeish being thrilled about this.

A new dawn at the Sty with new hope and of course reduced priced tickets. Surely today will be a sell out then??

You must be joking. There's thousands of empty seats there today. They've ran out of excuses now.

na. on keeprighton they still say its down to a combination of the credit crunch, being on a sunday afternoon game and cus its live on sky.

A new dawn at the Sty with new hope and of course reduced priced tickets. Surely today will be a sell out then??

You must be joking. There's thousands of empty seats there today. They've ran out of excuses now.

na. on keeprighton they still say its down to a combination of the credit crunch, being on a sunday afternoon game and cus its live on sky.

But they would still like the council to buy them a 50'000 seat stadium.

Good game first half v Citeh actually. SHA came out all guns blazing first 15 mins but as usual didn't score and Citeh came back into it.

Barry getting plenty of abuse, thought they might have cheered him for leaving us!!!

Don't know what result I want, if Citeh get anything we'll have to beat West Ham to go 4th on Wednesday. If SHA win we would only need a draw....but I don't think I can bring myself to wanting them to win.

Â