Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

Ryan.

Something quite amusing just occured to me while watching MoTD....

As it currently stands a beach ball has scored more goals in the Premier league than Small Heath's record signing Christian Benitez.

images4y.jpg

christianbenitez9899083.jpg

Thats brilliant!

:lol:

I'm surprised nobody has picked up on the interview with Sammy Yu in The Sunday Mirror this morning, Sammy Yu is the new Director of Comedy, sorry I mean football at Small Heath. He has already revealed that he has 'coaching experience' and that he will work with McLeish on 'their' transfer targets while being 'permanently situated' at the training ground.

Yet in this interview he goes further and gives an insight into the comedy that could lie in wait for us with classic lines such as;

Ok, there are different systems and different things in the Premier League and if you talk about the level of organisation then perhaps you are right to question my experience in Hong Kong compared to the Premier League.

But when I was coaching in the late 1980's in Hong Kong I was very fortunate to meet and deal with great players........... they gave me a lot of knowldge."

It remains to be seen if this knowledge includes rules changes that have happened since the 1980's as demonstrated by the pass back fiasco in Small Heath's defending yesterday.

It does though appear he has kept his hand in despite not coaching since the 80's;

...and also as a commentator for TV I have been to three World Cup finals. I have lots of experience. I took Crystal Palace, Wimbledon, Norwish City, all these teams to Hong Kong and shared a lot with them.

So he clearly already understands the level he should be aiming at with Small Heath. So perhaps we shouldn't laugh when we read;

My role will be as Alex's partner, we'll work together, but of course he'll be the main man to make the last decision Perhaps I can work closely with him to support his coaching, provide everything he needs, and also share some experience with him regarding tactics...

Who am I kidding, hold on to your sides folks their is a new circus coming to town.

Here

Soccer+-+Birmingham+City+Press+Conference+-+St+Andrews%27+Stadium.jpeg

At 53, Sammy Yu still turns out for Old Wimbledonians FC in the Morden and District League on a Sunday morning. He’ll have his boots on today.

That might not seem the highest claim to fame for Birmingham City’s new joint vice-chairman, whose job as the director responsible for football will be to guide former Scotland boss Alex McLeish.

But Yu, who plans to base himself at the club’s Wast Hills training ground, is insisting to the club’s sceptical fans that he does have the coaching credentials to contribute to a Premier League future.

And he’s promised that McLeish will have the final say on all transfers in and out of St Andrews as the club begins to extend the area of the city’s famous Chinese quarter.

He said: “OK, there are different systems and different things in the Premier League and if you talk about the level of organisation then perhaps you are right to question my experience in Hong Kong compared to the Premier League.

“But when I was coaching in the 1980s in Hong Kong I was very fortunate to meet and deal with great players like Johann Neeskens, Willie Henderson, Tommy Hutchison and Johann Cruyff.

“They all came to play against my team. They gave me a lot of knowledge which you cannot buy.

“They gave me a lot of help, and also as a commentator for TV I have been to three World Cup finals. I have a lot of experience. I took Crystal Palace, Wimbledon, Norwich City, all these teams to Hong Kong and shared a lot with them. Peter Reid, Joe Kinnear, they are my good friends too.”

While Carson Yeung was the man at the front of last week’s £81million Chinese takeover of Birmingham, promising huge funds for the team that would start with up to £40m in January, it is Yu who will be the key figure as far as McLeish is concerned. He has already raised fears of interfering in the running of the team, with former Liverpool and England star Steve McManaman and ex-French midfielder Christian Karembeu involved on the management team of Grandtop International, the company who are behind the takeover.

Yu said: “Steve is my good friend and he will be our ambassador and help with scouting and all these things. Christian will also help our international development. He travels all around the world and is involved with FIFA as well, so he can easily find some good players.

“My role will be as Alex’s partner, we’ll work together, but of course he’ll be the man to make the last decision.

“Perhaps I can work closely with him to support his coaching, provide everything he needs, and also share some experience with him regarding tactics or anything – and I hope also to help him to develop the scouting because I have quite a network of people all over the world.”

Exactly how that will work with McLeish, who won everything at club level in Scotland – and was just a whisker away from taking his country to the World Cup finals – remains to be seen.

Yeung wants him to bring a more attacking brand of football to St Andrews, echoing the fans who chanted “4-4-2” at their boss during the home defeat by Bolton.

When it comes to Sunday mornings, though, Yu echoes McLeish’s more pragmatic approach. “I can still run around. If I don’t get the ball I kick the other team!

“I just try to do Roy Keane’s job, stop them play. Job done.

“That’s what the English coaches say, right?”

Soccer+-+Birmingham+City+Press+Conference+-+St+Andrews%27+Stadium.jpeg

He said: “OK, there are different systems and different things in the Premier League and if you talk about the level of organisation then perhaps you are right to question my experience in Hong Kong compared to the Premier League.

“But when I was coaching in the 1980s in Hong Kong I was very fortunate to meet and deal with great players like Johann Neeskens, Willie Henderson, Tommy Hutchison and Johann Cruyff.

Peter Withe held a door open for me when I was working as a kitchen porter at VP. Maybe I could get a coaching job at SHA too.

Just realised that now Blackburn have beaten Burnley, if Hull get anything out of their game at home to Fulham tomorrow night, SHA will be in the relegation zone. :P

EDIT: actually, it depends on whether Fulham score or not as they're all on 7 points at the moment. Here's hoping for a draw or Hull win with Fulham scoring.

Arsene Wenger has branded Birmingham fans "atrocious" and "stupid" for chanting the name of Martin Taylor as Arsenal forward Theo Walcott lay clutching his injured knee during the 3-1 win at Emirates Stadium.

England forward Walcott was making a first start of the Barclays Premier League campaign after being sidelined with a back problem.

However, the 20-year-old, hoping to force his way into Fabio Capello's World Cup squad next summer, hobbled off in the 33rd minute after damaging his knee when falling under Liam Ridgewell's hefty early challenge.

While Gunners boss Wenger accepts such a physical approach is one of the "beauties" of the English game, making light of such tackles is no laughing matter for the Frenchman.

Saturday's incident brought back memories of Taylor's challenge on Eduardo at St Andrew's in February 2008, which left the Croatia striker with an horrific double leg fracture and out of the game for almost a year.

After that match Wenger claimed Taylor "should never play again", a statement he later retracted.

But the Arsenal manager was left less than impressed by Saturday's reaction from a section of the travelling support.

"Frankly, that is atrocious," said Wenger. "They will not be remembered for the quality of their taste with that kind of remark.

"I just thought 'That is low' and put it in the ranks of stupidity.

"One starts to say something stupid, everybody follows, even intelligent people.

"People lose their identity together and their sense of responsibility."

Â