Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

Ryan.

These lot are quite possibly the most deluded bunch of cretins in the country.

Their support is poor, very poor. Teams from much smaller places then Birmingham average higher attendances & bigger away followings.

Once in a blue moon, they sell out an away allocation & all we hear is how great the fans were, how loud they were etc, etc. I think they really believe that they're some kind of super fan. If you can't make a bit of noise at such a crucial game, culminating in such an important injury time goal then you might as well not bother.

I know its all they have to cling onto in their sorry little lives & really, it is much better to just nod & politely smile before moving on. My issue is that they're so incredibly small time that they embarrass themselves regularly with their "our teams rubbish but our fans are great" claims.

I used to despise them with a passion when I was younger. I don't even bother to look for their results these days (I did yesterday admittedly). I almost feel sorry for them & I certainly don't see them as rivals to us any more.

• Like 3

These lot are quite possibly the most deluded bunch of cretins in the country.

Their support is poor, very poor. Teams from much smaller places then Birmingham average higher attendances & bigger away followings.

Once in a blue moon, they sell out an away allocation & all we hear is how great the fans were, how loud they were etc, etc. I think they really believe that they're some kind of super fan. If you can't make a bit of noise at such a crucial game, culminating in such an important injury time goal then you might as well not bother.

I know its all they have to cling onto in their sorry little lives & really, it is much better to just nod & politely smile before moving on. My issue is that they're so incredibly small time that they embarrass themselves regularly with their "our teams rubbish but our fans are great" claims.

I used to despise them with a passion when I was younger. I don't even bother to look for their results these days (I did yesterday admittedly). I almost feel sorry for them & I certainly don't see them as rivals to us any more.

Well said.

Apart from the "almost feel sorry for them" bit. Never feel sorry for the untermensch

• Like 2

Ah well, was entertaining while it lasted. I can see them getting a takeover in the summer. They'll be down in the championship for a long long time now. A huge rebuild job is needed. 

Next season is the big one for them. As bad as they were, I never really expected them to be this awful this season. They'll be going into the summer knowing they'll be losing a lot of players including the likes of Zigic and Macheda who kept them up, they're going to have to hope the bunch of frees they sign are up to it.

What a lucky lot that Small Heath fecking are . Apart from the fact they stayed up on goal difference , i was reminded of the fact that  earlier in the season Donny were leading 3-1 at Charlton when the game was abandoned due to a waterlogged pitch .They lost the replayed game  Spawny gits :unsure:

• Like 2

A good day for football in Birmingham.

I know what you're like TRS-T, but Villatalk needs to add a "dislike" button.

Heh!

If Blues went down, Birmingham would be on the same level as Stoke-on-Trent footballing-wise.

Birmingham has two premier league teams. Yes, yes, we know that it's technically black Country but to others there is no green space between Brum and west Bromwich and people regularly count it as practically Brum.

Port Vale are not quite at stoke's level.

Give me a premium with the big three- us, tesco carrier bags and the dog heads. That's a good enough profile. Leave out small heath and coventry.

A good day for football in Birmingham.

I know what you're like TRS-T, but Villatalk needs to add a "dislike" button.

Heh!

If Blues went down, Birmingham would be on the same level as Stoke-on-Trent footballing-wise.

I don't know why you want SHA to do well. The worse the other West Midlands clubs do the better it is for us, especially if they end up struggling for a prolonged period of time. If SHA slide down the leagues and stay down there then people who might've grown up supporting them will support other more successful clubs in the area, us included.

Come on, you're a Villa fan, not a City of Birmingham fan.

• Like 2

Hasn't worked out too badly for Manchester and Liverpool having two Premier League clubs...

Or Madrid or Milan...

I think it could actually be better for us to have more local clubs doing well - more media spotlight on the area, more derbies etc.

Benteke might have known we were from Birmingham if he had watched a Second City derby.

Hasn't worked out too badly for Manchester and Liverpool having two Premier League clubs...

Or Madrid or Milan...

I think it could actually be better for us to have more local clubs doing well - more media spotlight on the area, more derbies etc.

Benteke might have known we were from Birmingham if he had watched a Second City derby.

:huh:

Or Madrid or Milan...

Those are real 'football cities', Birmingham isn't really. 

Or Madrid or Milan...

Those are real 'football cities', Birmingham isn't really.

Yes it is.

Small Heath have never been big enough to make it an interesting derby for others. Liverpool and Everton - large clubs, and the same with Man City and United. There is not a team in the midlands who are anywhere near as big as us.

Edited by dodgyknees

Birmingham is not a footballing hotbed like the north east or north west cities or even London. The amount of people living in Brum who don't actually like football is high, and this reflected in the crowds. You wouldn't find a Scouser who didn't follow football for example.

Edited by Voinjama

I dint think that's true, Birmingham has just as many football fans as any city, their aren't many people i know who don't follow football, the problem with Birmingham now is the lack of success, kids are supporting Chelsea and man city more than local clubs

Aston villa

west brom

wolves

Walsall

kiddy harriers

all get decent attendances that would be bigger if they were more fashionable to support

to say Birmingham isn't a football city, don't agree with that

I dint think that's true, Birmingham has just as many football fans as any city, their aren't many people i know who don't follow football, the problem with Birmingham now is the lack of success, kids are supporting Chelsea and man city more than local clubs

Aston villa

west brom

wolves

Walsall

kiddy harriers

all get decent attendances that would be bigger if they were more fashionable to support

to say Birmingham isn't a football city, don't agree with that

Football is by far and away the dominant sport in England, so to an extent every town and city in the country is a football one. But Birmingham doesn't take it as far as the North West or North East towns where it's virtually on obsession. There are still loads of football fans out there, and potential to get more fans into the grounds but I don't think it goes as deep into the culture and character of the area as it does in other places. 

• Like 1

Have you ever been to these other "football hotbeds'? From personal experience the only place ive been that felt like it was a religion was Newcastle and Glasgow

the likes of Liverpool & Manchester is the same as Birmingham

Â