Weekends Football 18/20 December

andykeenan

He goes in to it with his studs up, out of control and unable to not go studs first in to his opponent. It's a textbook red card. If you can't make a challenge without endangering your opponent, you're not entitled to make it. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, penguin said:

Just seen it, thats a horror tackle intent and whether he won the ball or not. Leg breaker.

You guys must be gluttons for punishment watching this glamour tie 😂

I think it’s just so that if we’re bad tonight we can at least say we weren’t THIS bad

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Not a red for me. 50/50 challenge and he wins the ball

Maybe i'm old school. If VIlla got a red for that i'd be furious

If the same tackle was on Grealish, I imagine your tone would be different.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I think, thankfully, there seems to be a growing swell towards having it scrapped altogether. A lot of high profile people now saying that it has just made the game worse, fingers crossed the powers that be listen and we can have normal, enjoyable football back. 

Hope so. 

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

It'd be the most 2020 thing imaginable for them to secure their first win with 10 men.

Like Villa having 27 attempts against Burnley and not scoring, yet put 7, SEVEN, past Liverpool. 

Edited by Tommo_b

Brighton remind me of the old Arsenal team that always tried to walk it into the goal when they would be better off just having a shot from the edge of the box instead of the goal line, difference is Arsenal had Henry, Villa have Maupay. 

• Like 1

Â