Weekends Football 11/13 December

andykeenan

I know passing stats aren't the be all and end all (::flashbacks of the Lambert years:: , and also having seen the stats of the Dortmund/Stuttgart match), but still.

Don't have a link to hand, but apparently both Southampton centre backs outpassed SU's entire team on their own at halftime.

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

All of their losses are narrow. Mostly losing to one goal

It's not like they are getting battered every week

I agree it's bad but i would still be more concerned if i were a blades fan if they were losing 5-0 every week, they ain't.

They don't look like winning a single game. They score less than a goal every other game. They're turgid, fragile at the back, and woeful up front.

Yes losing 5-0 every week would be worse, you're contesting a point nobody is making. They're not getting battered every week, but they're certainly not competing in the games every week either. This is their 16th PL game without a win. They're in very real danger of beating *that* record set by Derby.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, penguin said:

Am I the only one that thinks it's extremely unfair that some clubs are now allowed the "home advantage" of having fans in the ground whilst others aren't?

Particular as it's based on a tier system which seems to have been devised by throwing shit at a map whilst blindfolded, and quickly wiping off any which landed on London.

I was just thinking that.  There is a Sheffield player being loudly booed each time he gets ball. I assume he used to play for them or done something to one of their players.  Anyway, it's a distinct advantage isn't it. 

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

Gammon Wilder, managerial fraud. Will they break records this season? That team has no fight, no goals, and a shambolic defence. Hopeless all over. 

I dont mind him but the posters last season who build him up as the new Fergie have gone quiet

47 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Is it that bad?

Only 1-0 down to a top 8 side. We were 4-0 down after 58 minutes

Ok well they've just lost 3-0 and they have 1 point from 12 games. Yes that is bad. Some would say catastrophic even.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Mantis said:

Ok well they've just lost 3-0 and they have 1 point from 12 games. Yes that is bad. Some would say catastrophic even.

Is is really bad.

Football is a funny old game though. Interesting to see how the season progresses

Sheff utd...blimey.....even during our worst run last season (where we looked nailed on for relegation), we got 3 points from 11 games, they have got 1 from 12.

tbh, im shocked they have imploded so badly, granted i didnt expect them to replicate last season, but i also didnt expect whats happening now with them.

is 1 point form the first 12 games, the worst ever PL start to a season?, i would imagine it is?

Edited by MaVilla

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Sheff utd...blimey.....even during our worst run last season (where we looked nailed on for relegation), we got 3 points from 11 games, they have got 1 from 12.

tbh, im shocked they have imploded so badly, granted i didnt expect them to replicate last season, but i also didnt expect whats happening now with them.

is 1 point form the first 12 games, the worst ever PL start to a season?, i would imagine it is?

According to the BBC only three other clubs in English football league history have had no more than 1 point after their first 12 games in a season. Last time that happened was Newport County in 1970/71.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

I think it is comfortably the worst ever start to a PL season. Even that Derby side got 6 from the first 12.

The worst, as far as I can find, is Palace in 2017/18. They lost their first 6 games and only picked up 5 points in the first 12.

4 minutes ago, Mantis said:

According to the BBC only three other clubs in English football league history have had no more than 1 point after their first 12 games in a season. Last time that happened was Newport County in 1970/71.

I just looked that up, they won their 26th game but before that, they lost 22 and drew 3. Incredible.

Â