Weekends Football 11/13 December

andykeenan

13 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Pochettino is waiting for Man. United, think that's clear although don't think OGS will be sacked before the summer so perhaps he'll get tired of waiting.

Will we finish within 10 points of Arsenal, that's the big question OFTR.😉

I'd like to think so but its very early days still. I fully expect Arsenal to finish top half still so we'll see. One thing about the big clubs is that they don't do badly for long. I'd still be amazed if we finished above them tbh.

Edited by One For The Road

1 minute ago, One For The Road said:

If like to think so but its very early days still. I fully expect Arsenal to finish top half still so we'll see. One thing about the big clubs is that they don't do badly for long. 

Think Everton, Southampton and perhaps Wolves are all finishing above them unless they change manager. From what we've shown I'd be hugely disappointed to finish below them. Add the probably top 6 and Leicester and that's a first bottom half finish for Arsenal since the mid 90s imo as they look so poor in final third.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Think Everton, Southampton and perhaps Wolves are all finishing above them unless they change manager. From what we've shown I'd be hugely disappointed to finish below them. Add the probably top 6 and Leicester and that's a first bottom half finish for Arsenal since the mid 90s imo as they look so poor in final third.

Nothing a good manager couldn't sort out. PEA is a class player, low on confidence and they will look to strengthen in January you'd think. 

As I say we are just past the quarter of the season mark and so much can change between now and May. Everyone was writing off the bottom 4 just a week or so ago and now they are picking up points. I maintain that if we finish above Arsenal (which of course is possible) we will have had a terrific season as I fully expect them to improve as the season goes on. 

22 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Nuno would be a good fit for them.

He would but he'd be mad to go there. Anything he achieves at Wolves other than a relegation battle is a massive success for them. At Arsenal, he'd be expected to challenge for the title or he'd be hounded out by the unhinged morons who are represented on AFTV.

2 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

He would but he'd be mad to go there. Anything he achieves at Wolves other than a relegation battle is a massive success for them. At Arsenal, he'd be expected to challenge for the title or he'd be hounded out by the unhinged morons who are represented on AFTV.

I agree if its just him but it would not be it would open the door for Mendes and what he has done for Wolves but on steroids.  Much easier to get his top players to move to London.

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Neymar got snapped by a scissor tackle, suspected broken ankle

PSG lost at home to lyon, 4th loss of the season

This close to Christmas? 🤔

Back by January 3rd after being found it was a sprain. 

14 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Was a pretty nasty tackle and he barely avoided 2 others in the same sequence.

On the bright side his sisters birthday is March 11th so with a bit of luck he'll still be out injured then.

15 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Bit early for his sister's birthday party and the carnival. 

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Bit early for his sister's birthday party and the carnival. 

Out for 3 weeks according to the latest reports. He'll have to create another reason to fly to Brazil.

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Out for 3 weeks according to the latest reports. He'll have to create another reason to fly to Brazil.

He'll get himself sent off and banned :) 

• Like 1

Â