Weekends Football 11/13 December

andykeenan

10 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Man U and City players hugging and chatting after the game sums up modern football really.

Really miss the early to mid 2000's

I don't. Intensity and competition is fine, but the level of rivalry between some of the top clubs seriously harmed the national team. 

Just now, Davkaus said:

I don't. Intensity and competition is fine, but the level of rivalry between some of the top clubs seriously harmed the national team. 

Nah.

England played a flat and rigid 4-4-2 and put Scholes on the left wing. That was the problem.

You guys had the best midfield on paper and didn't play a system that would get the best out of them.

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Nah.

England played a flat and rigid 4-4-2 and put Scholes on the left wing. That was the problem.

You guys had the best midfield on paper and didn't play a system that would get the best out of them.

That was definitely one of the problems. A bigger problem was that the Man United, Liverpool and Arsenal players would just literally not talk to each other. 

20 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

That was definitely one of the problems. A bigger problem was that the Man United, Liverpool and Arsenal players would just literally not talk to each other. 

We’ve come a long way. Now we’ve Man City and Man United players tag teaming the same chicks on international duty.

• Haha 1

The Manc derby was pathetic, I'd hate for Villa and blues players to act that way after the game has finished.

Hatred in rivalries is pathetic, but to act like best friends after the game and both be really happy with a 0-0 draw is a step too far in the opposite direction, imo.

37 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

The Manc derby was pathetic, I'd hate for Villa and blues players to act that way after the game has finished.

The management were as bad. Carrick had his arm around Pep as they walked off laughing and joking like old school pals. 

Â