Swansea v Sheff Wed

EFL on Quest 10.30pm

Thursday

Europa League 

Braga v Leicester 5.55pm BT Sport 1 

Mode v Arsenal 5.55pm BT Sport 2

Spurs v Ludogorets 8pm BT Sport 2

20 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Good game between Saints and Wolves. Both good sides. The quality of the midtable teams has really increased in the last couple of years.

It's been really dull although Southampton have been much more likely to score. Wolves at least better than us at doing the low block v Southampton and not conceding central free kicks 25 yards out. Must be playing a back 4 for first time in Nuno era.

Hopefully Wolves don't win otherwise they go above us and we're close to going into bottom half despite having excellent points total from 8 games. Lack of draws and the bottom 4 being generally s*** so far has really inflated mid table teams points totals so far although I suspect Burnley will go on a run over next few weeks given their win tonight.

• Like 1

Deserved lead for Southampton.

Keeps Wolves below us and they've got Arsenal away next although that's a team they tend to match up well against since they came up.

After being in semi retirement for last 5 years I have to say Theo Walcott looks a really effective player again in this system playing a bit more centrally.

Edited by VillaChris

Only Man City and Liverpool have taken more points than Southampton in the past year, Hasenhutti probably not getting the praise he deserves, to go on a run like that after losing by 9 goals to Leicester and being most people's favorites to go down, is some turn around, especially as on paper their squad doesn't look that good.

• Like 4

Just watched Krasnodar score at home against Sevilla in the CL in front of a pretty big crowd of happy fans.

Been so long it actually feels strange with actual fans at the game :( 

I absolutely do not want fans rushed back to the games while it's not safe and a pandemic is in full force. But at the same time what is even the point ( it's money, I know) with this sad pantomime of a season we are seeing now in the PL and other leagues. It's so dead and flat.

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

Vidal with a comical sending off.

Gets booked for protesting that the ref didn't give a penalty, despite not waiting for VAR to check it (the decision was borderline, although using the litmus test of watching the replay multiple times and not being sure I'd have to say it's not a clear and obvious error so stick with the on-field decision), then immediately gets a second yellow for chesting the ref in protest about being booked.

Hangs around presumably hoping that the penalty gets given by VAR and that somehow that means his yellows and red will be overturned. No mate, you're off anyway and no the penalty isn't going to be given.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Â