Winter transfer window 2020/1

barry'sboots

3 minutes ago, Mark_1989 said:

Let’s not get carried away ... I would hardly say Trez has been GREAT. He’s been ok..not great. And why wouldn’t you want to upgrade on a player if we had a genuine chance to push for top4. In truth the way the league is with Covid and no fans coupled with our excellent form I’m starting to think we may not get a better chance to break into the top 4, so if there’s the slightest chance we can upgrade our squad I’m all for it.

He has been great. 2nd for tackles 3rd for interceptions is part of the reason we're high up in the table. We've signed Traore to compete for that spot if we're making more signings they'll be addressing other positions LB being the highest priority I'd think

• Like 1

I'm all in on Koopmeiners or Soumare at CM and Rico or Wijndal at LB. 2 of those 4 and a veteran striker for 6 months and I'm happy. 

Not for an experienced veteran in midfield, outside of the obvious squads we have the best midfield in the league. We don't need a Glen Whelan or Mile Jedinak to help us see out games at the minute. we might drop some form but why not go for it and get another in the mould of McGinn or Dougie and back them now them two have ironed out a lot of mistakes. Get another in.

There's not a standout Experienced CM available to do say a Carrick, Barry or even late-Scholes job in our midfield. So go get another we can build in value

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

He has been great. 2nd for tackles 3rd for interceptions is part of the reason we're high up in the table. We've signed Traore to compete for that spot if we're making more signings they'll be addressing other positions LB being the highest priority I'd think

And 1st for running round like a headless chicken. He’s a decent squad player but that’s it imo. Agree we won’t be signing anymore wingers.

It would never happen but I honestly think if we had Giroud in our squad we would be serious top 4 candidates. The amount of crosses we put into the box and his nack for goals would be huge. If we are struggling after 60 mins him off the bench would be massive. He’s exactly the type of player I feel would help us. Watkins is likely to need some rest at some point 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, rayk said:

And 1st for running round like a headless chicken. He’s a decent squad player but that’s it imo. Agree we won’t be signing anymore wingers.

Everyone seems to bang on about his ability stating his defensive work/interceptions, this isn’t good enough if we want to kick on. Could stick Elmo there and be as near on effective. When I look at wingers the first stats I’m looking at certainly aren’t their defensive ones.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mark_1989 said:

It would never happen but I honestly think if we had Giroud in our squad we would be serious top 4 candidates. The amount of crosses we put into the box and his nack for goals would be huge. If we are struggling after 60 mins him off the bench would be massive. He’s exactly the type of player I feel would help us. Watkins is likely to need some rest at some point 

I agree. I think the hope was that Wes would be that kind of ST....Benteke like but with more build up play.

1 minute ago, rayk said:

I agree. I think the hope was that Wes would be that kind of ST....Benteke like but with more build up play.

It would be such a good story if Wes could get fit and be the guy who helps fire us to Europe. The fact he’s not likely to be back till March is frustrating 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Mark_1989 said:

Let’s not get carried away ... I would hardly say Trez has been GREAT. He’s been ok..not great. And why wouldn’t you want to upgrade on a player if we had a genuine chance to push for top4. In truth the way the league is with Covid and no fans coupled with our excellent form I’m starting to think we may not get a better chance to break into the top 4, so if there’s the slightest chance we can upgrade our squad I’m all for it.

Trez will probably go to being reliable squad player who can come in and do a job in hard away games.

Could use him in same role Man. United used to play Ji Sung Park. Wouldn't start every week in prem but would always play v an Arsenal or Liverpool or hard CL tie.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

He won’t be available in Jan I’m sure given he is currently on loan but if he keeps up his recent performances I’d be keen on us considering Lookman in the summer.

Never overly impressed me. What's he been like lately? Only looking at stats 2 goals 2 assists in 12 for Fulham doesn't scream amazing

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Never overly impressed me. What's he been like lately? Only looking at stats 2 goals 2 assists in 12 for Fulham doesn't scream amazing

I don’t ever look at stats for players I think they are often misleading in a team game. Personally I think he looks a good player and one that could develop in a side with better players.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I don’t ever look at stats for players I think they are often misleading in a team game. Personally I think he looks a good player and one that could develop in a side with better players.

Yeah that's fair but all I've got as haven't watched since was last in PL

• Like 1

3 hours ago, paul514 said:

If you had another 85 million (what we spent in the summer) who would you buy?

I’m not well versed enough to state specific names, but I’d go find a winger for 40 million who can play both sides, spend 20 on LB competition for Targett, and keep the 25 million for myself. Not to get greedy.

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, MNVillan said:

I’m not well versed enough to state specific names, but I’d go find a winger for 40 million who can play both sides, spend 20 on LB competition for Targett, and keep the 25 million for myself. Not to get greedy.

Not sure the club is giving money to its fans

• Haha 1