Midweek Football 2/5 November

andykeenan

26 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

What is Bielsa giving these boys?

How they can keep this intensity up for 90 minutes i do not know

90 minutes isn’t a problem, 38 games might be.  They blew up in Bielsa’s first season, the wheels were falling off in the second before COVID gave them a hundred day break. If this season doesn’t get disrupted it will be interesting to see where Leeds are physically in February/March/April.

• Like 3

Just now, The_Rev said:

90 minutes isn’t a problem, 38 games might be.  They blew up in Bielsa’s first season, the wheels were falling off in the second before COVID gave them a hundred day break. If this season doesn’t get disrupted it will be interesting to see where Leeds are physically in February/March/April.

Aren't we playing them in March.

Will be interesting if there is any difference in their intensity

10 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

the wheels were falling off in the second before COVID gave them a hundred day break. If this season doesn’t get disrupted it will be interesting to see where Leeds are physically in February/March/April

Not really true. We had a blip in winter as everybody does but before covid we were playing well.

I think it was the case first season, small squad of useful players, Bielsa probably didn't realise just what the championship was going to be either.

This season we have more depth, less games. A lot more reasons to believe it won't happen than it will.

Just now, Rino8 said:

Not really true. We had a blip in winter as everybody does but before covid we were playing well.

I think it was the case first season, small squad of useful players, Bielsa probably didn't realise just what the championship was going to be either.

This season we have more depth, less games. A lot more reasons to believe it won't happen than it will.

The famous Bielsa burn out was a thing with him in Spain too.

1 minute ago, Rino8 said:

Were not in the Europa league.

I'm not really much of a hater on Leeds on here but you are completely delusional if you think this level of intensity is sustainable for a full season.

Edited by villalad21

Just now, villalad21 said:

I'm not really much of a hater on Leeds on here but you are completely delusional if you think this level of intensity is sustainable for a full season.

We'll see. Its one game a week. 8 less games is more than just 8 less games. Its 8 free weeks.

People talking about burn out say it because its things they've heard im not sure anybody has followed Bielsa well enough to actually sit here and say 'I remember when this happened the players couldn't walk' you've not all sat here and watched bilbao every week.

It absolutely happened at Marseille. They were top of the league and ended up finishing 4th. Bilbao is a bit different, they played over 60 games that season. That fries literally every team that goes that route. As a Villa fan you should be keenly aware of how that kills your season.

1 hour ago, Rino8 said:

We'll see. Its one game a week. 8 less games is more than just 8 less games. Its 8 free weeks.

The season is 22 days shorter this time out, so it's about five weeks, but you're right, it's less hectic than a Championship season.

I think you'll be comfortable enough this season for two reasons; you're a decent side and those at the bottom seem to be on a suicide mission.

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Both Leicester and Wolves play this game by nature - they sit and then counter - it looks like that's something Leeds will struggle with.

We’ve gone back to countering this season due to all of our injuries. We’ve not been a counter attacking team for over two years.

• Like 1

I mentioned him in the summer transfer thread but Anton Miranchuk I think is a very good player. Scored vs Bayern last week and a pen vs Atleti today. His twin Aleksei was sold to Atalanta in the summer for around 15 mil. I would definitely have interest in Anton especially at that price.

Â