New layout - feedback

AVFC_Hitz

Question

looks much better on my mobile and is more user friendly , so thumbs up there 

Desktop.. guess  it’s just a case of getting used to it ... which from someone who still refers to Zimbabwe as Rhodesia and starbursts as Opal Fruits , could take some time 

1 hour ago, Tegis said:

The checkmark with the 1 in it. I can only see it on the desktop browser.

Thanks. I think this is from the early days of the IP.Board software. I set up this "site issues" forum so that people could ask questions and then mark them as "solved". People didn't mark things as solved, or even acknowledge their problem was fixed most of the time, so I turned it off.

I figured out how to have a topic take me to the first unread post, but is there a way to bring back the bolding of topic titles in the Featured and Recent topics sections at the right of the home page when there is new content in a topic since you last read it?

Edited by il_serpente
clarification
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, il_serpente said:

I figured out how to have a topic take me to the first unread post, but is there a way to bring back the bolding of topic titles in the Featured and Recent topics sections at the right of the home page when there is new content in a topic since you last read it?

This has been bothering me as well. I'll look into how to go to the first unread post, maybe it isn't too intrusive.

I cannot now comment or reply using the laptop I’ve been using (work laptop during breaks) with VillaTalk. I’m typing this on my phone.

For me, and far be it for my to ride rough shod over anyone’s hard work, but the site is unusable at the moment for me I’m afraid.

I don’t expect you to change it just for me, so this might be my last post. My eyesight is terrible for viewing the forum on a phone.

7 hours ago, Raver50032 said:

I can’t even see the differential boxes that form quotes from other posts. Each post is just a wall of text. I can’t therefore see what part of each post is a quote from another poster.

Clear your cookies and cache.

I am not 100% sure it’s update-related but I’m getting a lot of “We’re sorry, but a temporary technical error has occurred” server problems today. Both phone and laptop.

I initially thought it was maybe server overload during the match (good news for advertising revenue? 🙂) but it’s still happening now.

7 hours ago, Enda said:

I am not 100% sure it’s update-related but I’m getting a lot of “We’re sorry, but a temporary technical error has occurred” server problems today. Both phone and laptop.

I initially thought it was maybe server overload during the match (good news for advertising revenue? 🙂) but it’s still happening now.

I've only seen it on embedded content. Twitter probably limit requests.

5 minutes ago, limpid said:

What URL was this on? And if possible, what time did it happen?

Recurring problem. That was initially some thread (Conor Hourihane, maybe?) but the problem persisted at base Villatalk.com.

First noticed it on work computer during the match (so 6pm, give or take) and then happened again shortly before I made the post above at about midnight.

Thanks for all the hard work on the site, limpid.

Just now, Enda said:

Recurring problem. That was initially some thread (Conor Hourihane, maybe?) but the problem persisted at base Villatalk.com.

First noticed it on work computer during the match (so 6pm, give or take) and then happened again shortly before I made the post above at about midnight.

Thanks for all the hard work on the site, limpid.

Please try and capture that info next time. Also, try clearing cookies and cache.

Is it happening for anyone else (not the embeds - whole page errors)?