Emiliano Martínez

hippo

2 hours ago, vreitti said:

It's like he doesn't fully grasp, we're actually fighting for the Premier League title

I’ll trust the only World Cup winner in our history to know what goes into fighting for a trophy, even if he does some stupid stuff sometimes.

Although I do agree it’s a teachable moment for him and he has a great teacher in Emery to do that.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

I understand what you’re saying but who cares about what other fans think.  Argentina and Aston Villa fans know he’s great and world class, id say thats all he cares about 

I hear what you say - but it’s also worth noting how many prem league refs have seen this incident and already made a mental note ? I just don’t feel that he has done himself any favours here, and actually he might not now get the full protection of referees’s that he is entitled too. 👍🏻

1 hour ago, Mantis said:

You don't need to explain how Martinez contributed to escalating the situation, which I'm already aware of. It's nuts because ultimately Kamara was the one who got himself sent off by putting his hands where he did. The idea that he's "equally" to blame for what Kamara did is nonsensical.

Ita not nonsensical whatsoever. If you cant see the reasoning what led to the kamara incident then i dont know what to tell you.

It massively contributed to the red  card as i have alluded to. Ive also said kamara was foolish to do what he did

• Like 1

Just now, ChesterDad said:

I hear what you say - but it’s also worth noting how many prem league refs have seen this incident and already made a mental note ? I just don’t feel that he has done himself any favours here, and actually he might not now get the full protection of referees’s that he is entitled to. 👍🏻

Do you think any of them skipped watching the World Cup final and were unaware of Emi’s character until now? 😂😂

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Ita not nonsensical whatsoever. If you cant see the reasoning what led to the kamara incident then i dont know what to tell you.

It massively contributed to the red  card as i have alluded to. Ive also said kamara was foolish to do what he did

Of course it contributed, I'm just pointing out that it's very odd to state that Martinez is "equally" to blame for Kamara getting sent off, as if Kamara isn't completely responsible for his own actions.

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

Of course it contributed, I'm just pointing out that it's very odd to state that Martinez is "equally" to blame for Kamara getting sent off, as if Kamara isn't completely responsible for his own actions.

kamara is responsible

id understand your point if i said solely to blame it was emis fault. But emis behaviour was ridiculous and was what led to kamara losing his head now we have a 3 game ban on top of the 1 he just served at a very important time for us which is really frustrating 

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

kamara is responsible

id understand your point if i said solely to blame it was emis fault. But emis behaviour was ridiculous and was what led to kamara losing his head now we have a 3 game ban on top of the 1 he just served at a very important time for us which is really frustrating 

Yes but by saying "equally responsible" you're sort of saying that Kamara is only partially responsible for his own actions.

13 minutes ago, ChesterDad said:

I hear what you say - but it’s also worth noting how many prem league refs have seen this incident and already made a mental note ? I just don’t feel that he has done himself any favours here, and actually he might not now get the full protection of referees’s that he is entitled too. 👍🏻

Pretty sure every PL ref knows full well about Martinez. They probably all watched the world cup final. Just let Emi cook. He doesn't need favors, just a set of keeper gloves and a goal to defend. 

2 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Yes but by saying "equally responsible" you're sort of saying that Kamara is only partially responsible for his own actions.

Na thats not what im saying. Im blaming them both. Martinwz for needlessly starting the brawl, and kam for letting his emotions get the better of him. Should have just walked away

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Na thats not what im saying. Im blaming them both. Martinwz for needlessly starting the brawl, and kam for letting his emotions get the better of him. Should have just walked away

OK but Kamara was the one who actually committed the act that got him sent off, hence why saying Martinez is equally to blame for that is odd.

24 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Do you think any of them skipped watching the World Cup final and were unaware of Emi’s character until now? 😂😂

Of course not - but incidents like today might just reaffirm in their own minds?

Look it’s just a personal thing that I don’t like to see in any players and even less in ours.

i might well be in a very small minority but that’s just how I feel 👍🏻

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Risso said:

All Emi needed to do was put his foot on the ball and let that snivelling little twunt Maupay waste more of Brentford's time.

Exactly. Sadly he just isn't that mature. But I guess if petulant things like that, is what makes him the keeper he is, then fair enough. 

13 minutes ago, Mantis said:

OK but Kamara was the one who actually committed the act that got him sent off, hence why saying Martinez is equally to blame for that is odd.

Please go look up 'causality' in a dictionary. 

He got a bit carried away playing the pantomime villain today, unnecessary at the end and causing things to kick off has now cost us for the next 3 matches now. To be fair it's the first time since the corner last season vs Arsenal he's done anything stupid.

5 minutes ago, vreitti said:

Please go look up 'causality' in a dictionary. 

Well, It was during Gerrard's tenure that we hired Kamara, so we can blame Stevie?

But I take your point. People are talking about responsibility and I am not sure they get all the philosophical implications behind that word.

Â