Emiliano Martínez

hippo

10 minutes ago, Strog said:

Emi has proved he’s world class. What a keeper and he’s ours..

For now! 
I think we all had a little worry one of the top ten clubs in the world would come in for him and that risk has just increased.

Just now, paul514 said:

For now! 
I think we all had a little worry one of the top ten clubs in the world would come in for him and that risk has just increased.

Well it would be up to the club, but if we were to sell it would be for top dollar.

3 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Yea it would be for a good price but for me GK is the hardest position to get right.

Agree as we have lacked a really solid keeper for years until Emi arrived. 

I just don’t see him staying. He know he can win it all now. Probably my inherent villa pessimism but I can see him wanting to leave to win the champions league, which he is absolutely capable of doing. What can we offer him? Not much. We haven’t won shit in so long. 

1 hour ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Minimum one season wait to consider the possibility of European football with us, which might not happen. If he wants to play champions league he can get that in the summer. And I don’t think we could hold it against him 

If the price was right he’d leave but I don’t think he’d ever force a move. He has said several times he wants to get Villa to Europe and I believe him.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Seems he's always been a shithouse. Our loveable shithouse. It's obviously what has aided him to get to this moment in his life and the promised land in his profession. Quite ironic that he was trolling Coutinho all them years ago and eventually became team mates. One became the star early and the other much later. 

Bloody hell he was playing for Argentina at youth levels! He wasted so many years at Arsenal. 

24 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Seems he's always been a shithouse. Our loveable shithouse. It's obviously what has aided him to get to this moment in his life and the promised land in his profession. Quite ironic that he was trolling Coutinho all them years ago and eventually became team mates. One became the star early and the other much later. 

Not his fault he has an extra chromosome which is fully responsible for the sh1thousery.

1 minute ago, useless said:

Why are people gassing on about him leaving, was barely a few months back that people were saying he was way out of form and now suddenly because he's won the world cup we won't be able to keep him, I bet as soon as he makes a mistake in a game people will be back to questioning him again or I'm no judge.

He was worth at least £70m to us before the World Cup, we could ask for much more now, only a few clubs could afford such a keeper of a keeper, it's all academic anyway as he's not for sale and not worth worrying about until he's reliably linked with a move away.

Because of this. He is a World Cup winner at a mid table premier league side. Do you think Mac Allister will want hang about at Brighton? Value is kind of irrelevant. If he wants to leave he will leave. And I suspect he will. Wouldn’t hold it against him. 

5 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Because of this. He is a World Cup winner at a mid table premier league side. Do you think Mac Allister will want hang about at Brighton? Value is kind of irrelevant. If he wants to leave he will leave. And I suspect he will. Wouldn’t hold it against him. 

Not necessarily. Our valuation of him still needs to be met and I can’t see any club paying that kind of money for him. Unless there’s a release clause in his contract. 

He believed he would win the World Cup when he pencilled his new contract at Villa. Would he have agreed to such a long deal if he had intentions of leaving off the back of winning the World Cup?

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

That's a ridiculous save from Coutinho. Said it before but he has that Bosnich like ability to wait until player is about to kick and then spring halfway across the goal.

It's actually a surprise he hasn't saved that many penalties for us since he joined. Can remember one on his debut and then Palace earlier this season but Zaha tapped in the rebound.

However as we saw tonight if he goes the right way it needs to be a really well placed and powerful shot as he nearly saved two of the Mbappe ones.

42 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Yea it would be for a good price but for me GK is the hardest position to get right.

We need to scout a younger keeper from somewhere in next six months just as insurance given neither Olsen or Steer are good enough or even right age to become long term number ones for us so it could be a problem position very quickly if we're not careful.

Sure Emery will put forward some options from europe.

Â