The AVFC FFP thread

1 hour ago, S-Platt said:

I am curious who gets the 40 million that QPR have to pay?  Is it the club's that they shafted to get promoted or does it just fall down the back of the football league sofa!?

Eni Aluko...

Good point re shafted clubs.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Bruce saying restricted budget likely for January. Am ok with this. I think I would try sell hogan to be honest. Just doesn't suit our style of play

To be expected for reasons I’ve outlined.

Although any budget is restricted, so that doesn’t actually mean a great deal.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Bruce saying restricted budget likely for January. Am ok with this. I think I would try sell hogan to be honest. Just doesn't suit our style of play

I tink we're right on the FFP limit, deffo sell to buy. I'm also fine with that too, I mean we could always improve our squad but we've got enough players in. Would be tempted to sell Hogan but can't see we'd get enough back to make a difference overall. Saw a mention that Hernandez is possibly almost on a free after his injury and his contract situation - he'd be welcome indeed. 

12 hours ago, Jareth said:

I don't mind seeing a team composed of the exciting young talent that we have -

You excitement would last about 5 minutes because once you saw a team of kids play you would realise that our team would be a mid-table championship outfit with no hope of going anywhere or doing anything. There'd be outcry on here about player X or Y not being good enough as out of every 20 youth prospects, only maybe 1 ever makes it in the end.

10 hours ago, mrjc said:

actually I don't see FFP as completely a bad thing.  I think it does lead to, on average, more responsible running of clubs.  But I think we have gambled pretty heavily on the assumption we go up this season, and I can't see it going well if we don't.

It doesn't do that though. If they want to implement a proper rule then have one about debt/liabilities. If you have a rule where football clubs or the companies that own them can't have a debt that's not easily sustainable (i.e. above X amount of their turnover) and/or clubs have to have money in cash to cover the cost of players contracts if their wages to revenue ratio is too high then you safeguard clubs from going bust. If you do have a rich owner and he want's to invest in the club he should be allowed to without having to find loopholes. The point is to stop a leeds/portsmouth, not stop a chelsea/man city.

I know there are loopholes around everything but I'm sure better more sensible FFP rules can be designed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

It doesn't do that though. If they want to implement a proper rule then have one about debt/liabilities. If you have a rule where football clubs or the companies that own them can't have a debt that's not easily sustainable (i.e. above X amount of their turnover) and/or clubs have to have money in cash to cover the cost of players contracts if their wages to revenue ratio is too high then you safeguard clubs from going bust. If you do have a rich owner and he want's to invest in the club he should be allowed to without having to find loopholes. The point is to stop a leeds/portsmouth, not stop a chelsea/man city.

I know there are loopholes around everything but I'm sure better more sensible FFP rules can be designed.

Couldn't agree more. FFP doesn't even stop clubs from going under, it's just a big glass ceiling for just about every club of every size. It's a horrendous thing that i'd love to see a group of clubs band together and challenge.

Seen a few comments on here about how FFP is actually still all about maintaining a monopoly of achievement for the Top Four in the Premier League, and I offer in a roundabout cock-eyed way that it's the EFL seeking to keep hold of 'big clubs' in the CH as much as they can to swell their own coffers through offering those clubs (like us) on TV.

I see what the rules are, I don't fully understand them, but my opinion of the sentiments I see, and the 2+2 ready reckoner of what might happen is this... I've realised I don't miss the PL that much - certainly not as much as I thought I would. Maybe it was those last 4 or 5 years of plug-hole circling that has done that. It's supposed to be about the fans. Fine us... Let them fine us... take points off us... an let's rebel. I'm my own man, grant you, but I'm more than prepared to turn my back on Football full stop. Simple as that. I won't go... won't subscribe... won't buy advertised goods. (For 17 years, I've never bought ANYTHING that sponsors Chelsea... scum bag club, with scum bag fans).

As Rubber Duck once said in Convoy... Piss on them... and piss on their law.

2 hours ago, villa89 said:

You excitement would last about 5 minutes because once you saw a team of kids play you would realise that our team would be a mid-table championship outfit with no hope of going anywhere or doing anything. There'd be outcry on here about player X or Y not being good enough as out of every 20 youth prospects, only maybe 1 ever makes it in the end.

Well by this rule only teams with parachute payments can get promoted or play good football. You sir are a defeatist.  

36 minutes ago, Raver50032 said:

Seen a few comments on here about how FFP is actually still all about maintaining a monopoly of achievement for the Top Four in the Premier League, and I offer in a roundabout cock-eyed way that it's the EFL seeking to keep hold of 'big clubs' in the CH as much as they can to swell their own coffers through offering those clubs (like us) on TV.

I see what the rules are, I don't fully understand them, but my opinion of the sentiments I see, and the 2+2 ready reckoner of what might happen is this... I've realised I don't miss the PL that much - certainly not as much as I thought I would. Maybe it was those last 4 or 5 years of plug-hole circling that has done that. It's supposed to be about the fans. Fine us... Let them fine us... take points off us... an let's rebel. I'm my own man, grant you, but I'm more than prepared to turn my back on Football full stop. Simple as that. I won't go... won't subscribe... won't buy advertised goods. (For 17 years, I've never bought ANYTHING that sponsors Chelsea... scum bag club, with scum bag fans).

As Rubber Duck once said in Convoy... Piss on them... and piss on their law.

I don't miss the Premier League at all. It's so good going in to each game expecting to win. I do however wish we played more exciting football. 

FFP is a farce! Protecting clubs my arse.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don't miss the Premier League at all. It's so good going in to each game expecting to win. I do however wish we played more exciting football. 

FFP is a farce! Protecting clubs my arse.

I do. It was good last year as somwthing different but we deserve to be playing the best nit the likes of blose, millwall and burton albion

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Us fans? I think we do for all the  rap we have been through and still come out in droves to support them

Oh fans! Yeh we deserve it. But then a lot of supporters of teams do. 

The club doesn't deserve it with how it's been managed for years! 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Jareth said:

You sir are a defeatist.  

Nope, just a realist. It's very difficult to do what Brighton did and even then I expect they'll be back in the championship in short order and they weren't relying on youth products either. If you adopt a 'lets play good football and bring through a few kid's' then more likely than not you'll stagnate or regress. Success costs in football, it's not a proper meritocracy. 

5 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Nope, just a realist. It's very difficult to do what Brighton did and even then I expect they'll be back in the championship in short order and they weren't relying on youth products either. If you adopt a 'lets play good football and bring through a few kid's' then more likely than not you'll stagnate or regress. Success costs in football, it's not a proper meritocracy. 

Soooo, you're saying FFP means we will never be promoted if we don't go up this year? 

9 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Soooo, you're saying FFP means we will never be promoted if we don't go up this year? 

Of course not but your idea of playing the kids and good football isn't the solution.

If TrentVilla is right and the situation is as bad as it seems then we are looking at a new a manger and a total squad rebuild if we don't go up this year.

From experience we know how hard it is to move high earners so we could be staring 5,6,7+ years in the championship in the face. This will see revenue decrease with lower FFP limits as a result. This will mean that we won't be able to compete with the teams that are getting promoted/relegated and mean that if we do get a couple of decent players they'll be poached by clubs offering higher wage, like we did with Kodjia. 

The solution is to allow Tony X pull a few million out of the glove box of his car and invest it in the club to keep us competitive but the stupid FFP rules don't allow this. 

Edited by villa89

Â