The AVFC FFP thread

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Woah we really need to be careful

Click

So just to clarify you don't want clubs to get into financial trouble yet you fine them 40m? Madness and stupid 

No, that isn't what they want. They want to maintain the elite, and anybody who tries to steal a march on them will be squashed like a bug. It's a good thing Leicester reverted back to shite so soon as then FIFA would have had to implement some new rule or scheme preventing them from taking the place of more attractive and profitable teams again. You have to be thinking of the revenue and sponsorship now. Cannot have Manchester United in the Europa again. For sure.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

No, that isn't what they want. They want to maintain the elite, and anybody who tries to steal a march on them will be squashed like a bug. It's a good thing Leicester reverted back to shite so soon as then FIFA would have had to implement some new rule or scheme preventing them from taking the place of more attractive and profitable teams again. You have to be thinking of the revenue and sponsorship now. Cannot have Manchester United in the Europa again. For sure.

Yes i kniw what your saying but surely a 10 point penalty is better than fining a club obscene amount of money?

Just now, rodders0223 said:

It is not about the money, it's about sending a message :)

But really who suffers for this? The fans! This could be us in a few years and i dont think its a good solution to the problem. So of your a couple mil over your going to receive a 40m fine? Thats crazy !

10 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

But really who suffers for this? The fans! This could be us in a few years and i dont think its a good solution to the problem. So of your a couple mil over your going to receive a 40m fine? Thats crazy !

If I go overdrawn by a penny with my bank I get a £13.00 'administrative fine' plus interest on my penny.

Capitalism, rules.

35 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

If I go overdrawn by a penny with my bank I get a £13.00 'administrative fine' plus interest on my penny.

Capitalism, rules.

You haven't got a penny.... I can see how this problem occurs....

Anyway, I agree a financial penalty for financial mismanagement does seem a little ironic, personally I think it should be a points penalty. I guess the argument would be that a points penalty might not be a big enough stick to threaten clubs with.

3 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

You haven't got a penny.... I can see how this problem occurs....

Anyway, I agree a financial penalty for financial mismanagement does seem a little ironic, personally I think it should be a points penalty. I guess the argument would be that a points penalty might not be a big enough stick to threaten clubs with.

Sorry for the 3rd quote in a row :mrgreen:

It could if it was 10 points and you missed on promotion/play offs by a couple points. I support a points deduction opposed to a hefty fine. Id imagine ud and wolves would be in serious trouble if we dont go up this year. 

Also boro spent heavily this year so they too are at risk

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Sorry for the 3rd quote in a row :mrgreen:

It could if it was 10 points and you missed on promotion/play offs by a couple points. I support a points deduction opposed to a hefty fine. Id imagine ud and wolves would be in serious trouble if we dont go up this year. 

Also boro spent heavily this year so they too are at risk

It is loses over 3 years Dem, so both probably fine for a while yet but lets stay on Villa.

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

It's amazing how many people don't realise this and think FFP is a good idea, makes sense or is designed to stop a leeds or portsmouth. It's not, it's just an attempt to keep the "big" clubs big and maintain a monpoly.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

You are right

you don't need a rich owner to compete anymore.....you need one with the resource of the U S A defence budget.

• Haha 1

I always remember that mad Irish presenter on BBC radio who always covered The Champions League saying when they were struggling in Europe that "The Premier League Needs a strong Manchester United" 

Summed it up for me.  WHY???? WHY????? 

Not only was is just in its purest form just a totally nonsense comment, but it just proved to me the not so hidden agenda of the press that they want the "big" teams to rule the roost. 

However they are just dumb to want that. 

Personally I pay no interest to The Champions League anymore. It's just so otherworldly and removed, it's alien to me. 

As soon are the common man/masses loses interest because it's a closed shop it's dead I think. 

Have they learned nothing from Scotland? The 2 horse race up there has destroyed the league. 

You can only have interest where the league is competitive and interesting. If the top 4 are set in stone it will die eventually because what's the point? 

It is so true that Leicester had to sink or the press and establishment would destroy them is so true despite the fact that what they did is actually the best thing ever to happen in the PL a true fairy tale. 

I used to dread the thought of a European Super League often muted over the last 15 years or so.

Now I genuinely hope they all bugger off.

I wonder how many of billions will eventually turn off it in boredom or how long it will take eg Liverpool or a Milan to get sick and try to leave when they realise they are the whipping boys who will never compete with the top 3 set in stone kings of the Super League. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

It would be interesting to see if QPR had received quite so stringent a punishment if they'd stayed in the Premier league. Punishments seem to be weighted based on success - based on this, how much should PSG be fined?

FFP and the ridiculous sight of the Premier league's top six demanding a bigger proportion of the overseas TV money are indicators of an unwell sport and a thriving TV show. That's what the Premier League is, it's a TV show, it's a movie, it's content. 

• Like 1

On 05/09/2017 at 06:40, OutByEaster? said:

Wolves have assets - they've bought players that are young enough to have a real sell on value. If they don't go up, they'll sell a couple of players for very good money - I think you can take the risk on spending if you can put in place a return.

For me, that's our biggest fault as a squad - there's not a lot of resale value in what we have - we've got a lot of guys on their last contracts and then a lot of youngster who aren't tested.

Aren't a lot of their talented players in on loan? Not questioning you OBE, I could well be wrong. 

15 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

It is loses over 3 years Dem, so both probably fine for a while yet but lets stay on Villa.

So am I right in saying if you made losses in year one of that nature then the following year you made a profit you start again from scratch?

It needs to be three consecutive years of losses until you get heavily fined? 

53 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

So am I right in saying if you made losses in year one of that nature then the following year you made a profit you start again from scratch?

It needs to be three consecutive years of losses until you get heavily fined? 

It’s not about if you make a loss or profit in any given year. It’s about the accumulation of profit or loss over the rolling last three years on a rolling basis.

Realistically though a 40 million fine would be preferable to dropping points and losing out on promotion...

This 40 million fine has been incurred from 2013/14, if QPR had established themselves in the Premiership it would have been a minor insignificance now.

40 million fine to be paid in 2021/22 after establishing ourselves in the Premiership with Tony Xia? I would take it

5 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Realistically though a 40 million fine would be preferable to dropping points and losing out on promotion...

This 40 million fine has been incurred from 2013/14, if QPR had established themselves in the Premiership it would have been a minor insignificance now.

40 million fine to be paid in 2021/22 after establishing ourselves in the Premiership with Tony Xia? I would take it

It's a bit far to travel to all the matches though.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Imagine though we go and spend 20m in january and then dont go up? We would bw utterly screwed and i dont think we would ever get back up. I prefer telhe approach we have taken this season 

Â