The AVFC FFP thread

3 hours ago, wishywashy said:

That's their latest merchandising revenue figure for this year (34m euros), they've gotten those figures from that UEFA report. Their actual Adidas deal nets them £5-6m per year fwiw

But I think the benefit to us is also that we bring more retail in house (rather than being tied into Fanatics) - so we get more from the deal, a bigger percentage of the sales and (hopefully) access to more retail outlets so more sales.  It seems like a win, win, win.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Ohhhh we must be really close to the PSR line to change accounting date, assuming that was done for PSR reasons.

I can’t think of any other reason to extend the accounting period by 1 month.

9 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Ohhhh we must be really close to the PSR line to change accounting date, assuming that was done for PSR reasons.

We signed Buendia in that June I think. 

• Like 2

I’m sure I’m being thick here but excluding wages etc when it comes to transfer costs am I right in thinking hypothetically and simplistically if we sold £30 million worth of players we would have £120 million to play with based on 4 year contracts excluding and money still owed on a player that leaves ? 

Maybe this has been answered, but with talk of Chelsea HAVING to make the Champions League in order to cover their exorbitant costs and not head into FFP problems, does it follow that if we finish top 4 our own potential headache goes away??

2 hours ago, punkiller1981 said:

I’m sure I’m being thick here but excluding wages etc when it comes to transfer costs am I right in thinking hypothetically and simplistically if we sold £30 million worth of players we would have £120 million to play with based on 4 year contracts excluding and money still owed on a player that leaves ? 

No. 

If you sold 30 million worth of players that were pure profit i.e from the academy, brought for free or had amortized to near zero value then sold for 30 million then you could sign 120 million worth of players on a 4 year deal. however that only covers their player costs for the first year as they will amortize 30m each year.

1 hour ago, AvonVillain said:

Maybe this has been answered, but with talk of Chelsea HAVING to make the Champions League in order to cover their exorbitant costs and not head into FFP problems, does it follow that if we finish top 4 our own potential headache goes away??

Our potential headache seems to be for this current season 2023/24.  CL income will help for 2024/25 season but not affect this years income.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Does this mean that those accounts will now include the income for season ticket sales up to that point for season 2024/25?

who knows, you have entered the realm of expert stuff no fan can answer that sort of thing.

11 hours ago, ender4 said:

Not necessarily. It's 3 financial years, so one year drops off wholesale and a new year rolls on. It's smart to try maximise your accounts for the year. I'd imagine Sanson sale and maybe one or two others might be able to be in the period before June month end. 

7 hours ago, ender4 said:

So 1/4 of Buendia’s amortisation cost moves into the previous year and now isn’t part of the current 3 year rolling average? 

Amortisation doesn't work that way. its (number of days of contract in accounting period / total length of contract) * transfer fee cost. 

Â