Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2020/21

Stevo985

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

But I'll probably still sign Rudiger if it looks like he'll be back in the team. Currently got Azpi in my WC draft but could do with the extra cash

Who's currently on your WC? Think I've changed mine every day this week. 

Just a point of mild amusement/curiosity, but the FPL currently have an away trip to Liverpool down as a difficulty rating of 3 and a white fixture :lol: That'll be changing soon I reckon.

3b99366276d7ad0e0fb5b9e2050d1c0a.png

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

Who's currently on your WC? Think I've changed mine every day this week. 

It changes almost hourly.

It'll be SOMETHING like

Mendy, Forster

Dias, Azpi, Coady, Reguilon (swtich to Shaw after GW32), Phillips

Bruno, Jota, Maddison, KDB, Son (switch to Salah after GW32)

Kane, Vardy/Iheanacho (depending on money), Davis

Not sure that quite works out money wise but it'll be something similar to that

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It'll be SOMETHING like

Mendy, Forster

Nice team, looks expensive. 

I'm currently on same GKs.

TAA, Semedo, Philips, Rudi and Tierney. 

Maddison, Lingard, Bruno, Son and Jota. 

Kane, Iheanacho, Antonio. 

Need to take Tierney out (is he perpetually injured?) and decide between a straight swap or upgrading elsewhere. 

Waiting on more news for Antonio's injury. Although Davis would free up funds. 

I've dropped Dias as think he'll be rotated to much and Shaw as don't like their fixtures compared to some others. 

Too many decisions. 

• Like 1

What's people's thoughts on TAA or Salah for a wildcard? Not sure I can afford both unless I drop Bruno or Kane and don't really want to do that. 

Id also need to get rid of Jota or Philips. 

Think both have great potential for the run in but can't decide who'll do more and be better value. Think I'm leaning towards TAA as it leaves funds available elsewhere. 

18 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

It'll be SOMETHING like

Mendy, Forster

It looks nothing like this anymore :D 

3 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

What's people's thoughts on TAA or Salah for a wildcard? Not sure I can afford both unless I drop Bruno or Kane and don't really want to do that. 

Id also need to get rid of Jota or Philips. 

Think both have great potential for the run in but can't decide who'll do more and be better value. Think I'm leaning towards TAA as it leaves funds available elsewhere. 

I think both will score highly. But Trent is just so **** expensive. I don't think I'm going for him in my wildcard, but if I downgrade some other players over the next couple of weeks he could make his way in there.

I've gone for Salah though (and Jota). Liverpool's fixtures are great and it's an easy swap out to someone else if he's not performing. 

I'd rather spend the money on Salah than Trent

49 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I think both will score highly. But Trent is just so **** expensive. I don't think I'm going for him in my wildcard, but if I downgrade some other players over the next couple of weeks he could make his way in there.

I've gone for Salah though (and Jota). Liverpool's fixtures are great and it's an easy swap out to someone else if he's not performing. 

I'd rather spend the money on Salah than Trent

Yeah, I'm now leaning towards swapping Bruno for Salah, swapping Philips for Holding as the cheap enabler and then putting Dias back in for Tierney. 

I think Liverpool have improved their defence with Fabinho back in midfield and two actual CBs playing. The fixtures look great (compared to Real) so I think they'll get a fair few CSs and TAA is making decent chances. 

I both love and hate wildcard weeks. 

Injuries to Rice and Jonny aren't helping as I'm now doubting West Ham and Wolves defences. 

Lots of wildcards going about and I'll be holding mine so preparing for a potential bad week if Salah/KDB go off, they will be heavy captains and I have neither.

Watkins > Nacho

JWP > Jota

Changes based on the Grealish news, 10 minute period aside last week we were awful and have been for a while. Davis and Trez are likely to start, think we get a pasting. 

I almost always pick a pen taker as captain so that leaves Fernandes or Kane. Don't love this but Kane is on form and Fernandes may well get a rest this weekend so Kane it is.

Good luck!

• Like 1

I've decided against a 2nd hit this week to get Salah as it would mean selling Aubameyang before Sheffield United. So I just need Momo to hold off for one more week if it's not too much to ask.

8 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Lots of wildcards going about and I'll be holding mine so preparing for a potential bad week if Salah/KDB go off, they will be heavy captains and I have neither.

Watkins > Nacho

JWP > Jota

Changes based on the Grealish news, 10 minute period aside last week we were awful and have been for a while. Davis and Trez are likely to start, think we get a pasting. 

I almost always pick a pen taker as captain so that leaves Fernandes or Kane. Don't love this but Kane is on form and Fernandes may well get a rest this weekend so Kane it is.

Good luck!

What's the reason for waiting on the wildcard? The big DGW isn't as attractive as first hoped if Ben Crellin is right (he usually is). 

4 minutes ago, BOF said:

I've decided against a 2nd hit this week to get Salah as it would mean selling Aubameyang before Sheffield United. So I just need Momo to hold off for one more week if it's not too much to ask.

I reckon Auba should do well for you. He was rested yesterday and SHU are poor against attacks from the left. 

23 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

I reckon Auba should do well for you. He was rested yesterday and SHU are poor against attacks from the left. 

That's exactly my thinking. Harrison tore them a new one. It's just that Auba is the ultimate troll. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

What's the reason for waiting on the wildcard? The big DGW isn't as attractive as first hoped if Ben Crellin is right (he usually is). 

I don't see much need to make loads of changes to my team and there's not many players that I am desperate to get in. I don't see anyone being anywhere near essential at the moment.

I have triple Spurs for the DGW next week. Triple Leicester who have the best set of fixtures over the next 5 GWs. I like to see what happens with the teams in Europe and the potential DGW + rearranged fixtures before making a decision. Ideally I was hoping the re-arranged fixtures would be in place by now so I could know when I can get all Everton/Villa out of my team but its taking too long so it may end up a reversal where they are gone soon and I wildcard back in later.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

I don't see much need to make loads of changes to my team and there's not many players that I am desperate to get in. I don't see anyone being anywhere near essential at the moment.

I have triple Spurs for the DGW next week. Triple Leicester who have the best set of fixtures over the next 5 GWs. I like to see what happens with the teams in Europe and the potential DGW + rearranged fixtures before making a decision. Ideally I was hoping the re-arranged fixtures would be in place by now so I could know when I can get all Everton/Villa out of my team but its taking too long so it may end up a reversal where they are gone soon and I wildcard back in later.

Makes sense. 

5 hours ago, Farlz said:

Trying to sort a wildcard side that I'm happy with will be the death of me. 

You and I are both on the same points, both done our wildcards and have 11 of the same players! I took out Holding for Sanchez 20 mins before the deadline. 

Gavin Free Love GIF by Rooster Teeth

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rob182 said:

.. And it only took 2 hours for the first casualty of 80% of the wildcards out there! Pray for Neto

oh come on GIF by funk

Yep. took me all week to get a draft I was happy with. One of my differentials is injured 32mins into the first game. I hate this game sometimes :D 

• Haha 1