Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2020/21

Stevo985

Yeah I'm having a bit of a shocker. Cresswell and Antonio returning tomorrow MIGHT scrape me a green arrow but I'm not holding my breath. Wildcard active this week methinks

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah I'm having a bit of a shocker. Cresswell and Antonio returning tomorrow MIGHT scrape me a green arrow but I'm not holding my breath. Wildcard active this week methinks

Kane captain seems to have saved my week (although most people have the same) as he's scored nearly half my points. Minor returns from Watkins, Dias, Raphina etc have helped me to 60 with Lingard still to go so hoping for a small green arrow. So many zero and 1 points around for key players. 

I've hit the wildcard already this week, team wasn't bad to begin with but it feels good. No doubt I'll be fiddling with it all week mind. 

Could be a good week if we get some Digne/Calvert Lewin points. Ownership % on them is actually pretty low, hope I get a little something as I have zero West ham and a lot are going to still have them after last week.

48 points and a small red arrow as things stand for me. It's a good job I captained Kane because pretty much no one else has done anything. 

Antonio and Cresswell left to play. 

Edited by Farlz

4 hours ago, AndyM3000 said:

Could be a good week if we get some Digne/Calvert Lewin points. Ownership % on them is actually pretty low, hope I get a little something as I have zero West ham and a lot are going to still have them after last week.

Low owned because they are useless. Wanted to get rid of Calvert Lewin around end of December but Villa getting hit with covid and a bunch of fixtures called off made me hold him and I've kept him due to their extra game they have. Not sure that's worth it at this point.

Will have a small green arrow by the looks of it but Lingard doing a lot of damage to that.

• Like 1

Lingard helping me to a score of 73 and about a 100k green arrow to 270k odd. I'm now over thinking my wildcard and if I should keep what I have. The fixtures swing though so makes sense to use it to attack the final 7/8 games. 

54 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Low owned because they are useless. Wanted to get rid of Calvert Lewin around end of December but Villa getting hit with covid and a bunch of fixtures called off made me hold him and I've kept him due to their extra game they have. Not sure that's worth it at this point.

Will have a small green arrow by the looks of it but Lingard doing a lot of damage to that.

I've had Digne and DCL for far too long this season doing absolutely nothing for me most weeks. It was when I ditched them I started to improve ranks but was a hard decision with their doubles. 

I'll look to get them out soon but they play in GW33 and I have 6 currently blanking so they may survive once more.

I still have wildcard but waiting on news of the re-arranged fixtures and potentially another big DGW in 35 if they move the last few games about to let fans in.

Was quietly hoping for at least 10 points between Antonio and Cresswell to salvage an average week. They got 2.

Absolute disaster of a week. Finished on 42 with a 55k red arrow. Undone weeks of consistent gains. Makes the top 100k look pretty unlikely now.

Wildcard is active!

I was tempted to wait on the wildcard to hear more about the rescheduled fixtures and possible big DGW35 but felt they'd probably wait ages before announcing it all and I'd then just be using it for only a few weeks. 

Two weeks in a row with 70 points has made a big difference to my rankings. That’s been enough to move up about 100k places, and from somewhere in the 40s to 24 in the VT league. The gamble was using my wildcard ahead of GW29, luckily that same team + Fernandes did the business this week too. It’s all tall order to get the big hitters back in now though, so it’ll be a gradual change with a few low priced gems in the meantime. 

I particularly enjoyed Rudiger being benched and getting into a training ground bust-up with Kepa as soon as I signed him. That was a new variation on my now definitely true player purchase curse.

• Haha 3

43 minutes ago, BOF said:

I particularly enjoyed Rudiger being benched and getting into a training ground bust-up with Kepa as soon as I signed him. That was a new variation on my now definitely true player purchase curse.

I'm sure he'll be back. He started 3 games for Germany and Silva is now unavailable. Whether they ship another 5 goals mind is another question. 

48 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

I'm sure he'll be back. He started 3 games for Germany and Silva is now unavailable. Whether they ship another 5 goals mind is another question. 

Shipping 5 was the one bright spot. It showed what they miss when he's out. 

Just now, BOF said:

Shipping 5 was the one bright spot. It showed what they miss when he's out. 

Yeah, I did go from being quite annoyed (but not entirely surprised) when I saw he wasn't starting to strangely pleased to see WBA score 5. I'm keeping him on my wildcard and have added Mendy. 

• Like 1

Shipping 5 goals was heartbreaking when you've gone out on a limb and captained Alonso! Hit the post twice, got an assist and ended up with 3 **** points. Small margins

-4 taken, to ease me into the new template. I could do an 8 or a 12 but it probably (hopefully) wouldn't make sense as that would mean Salah hauled 😬