Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2020/21

Stevo985

1 hour ago, YouUnastanFren said:

All of this probably won't be confirmed until after the deadline and there's also the frightening possibility that the extra game, whichever it is, is tacked onto the start of GW20 not the end of GW19.

If the game against Bruceball is added on FA Cup weekend, it would have to be played on Saturday as they've got another game on Tuesday. I would surmise this would then be added to the end of GW19, since there would then be no other GW20 games until the Tuesday (i.e., two days without games) whereas the last game currently scheduled for GW19 is on Thursday (i.e., one day without a match if we play Saturday).

7 minutes ago, a-k said:

If the game against Bruceball is added on FA Cup weekend, it would have to be played on Saturday as they've got another game on Tuesday. I would surmise this would then be added to the end of GW19, since there would then be no other GW20 games until the Tuesday (i.e., two days without games) whereas the last game currently scheduled for GW19 is on Thursday (i.e., one day without a match if we play Saturday).

That's a strong case, the counter argument being that game weeks very rarely span two weekends, and midweek GWs (like GW 20) tend to only be kept as such when they're bookended by two other GWs. One game on the Saturday and then more midweek would be more normal than some on the weekend, then more midweek, then another the following weekend I think.

Another argument in favour of 19 would be that deadlines aren't brought forward by massive amounts so close to the date.

It's pretty unprecedented either way though, it's a toss up imho.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, a-k said:

As long as it's announced before the deadline then this is what I'd expect too.

It's also been talked about that the Villa Spurs game could go there instead, meaning we retain our double and Spurs end up with one

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

As long as it's announced before the deadline then this is what I'd expect too.

It's also been talked about that the Villa Spurs game could go there instead, meaning we retain our double and Spurs end up with one

If it's not announced before the deadline then surely they cannot add it to that GW. That would be, as Scott Parker says, scandalous.

Would be interesting though if Spurs do get the double GW...might influence my decision of Kane --> Vardy or not.

I have been planning my Bench Boost for weeks and weeks.

And now for the first time I'm seriously considering not using it.

I should have 15 players with a double. But four of those are Leeds/Southampton players who no longer have a double. Two of them are Villa players who might not have a double. One of them is Reece James who has been injured so is unlikely to play both games. One of my southampton players is Adams who has also been injured. Still possible that Villa Man City could be postponed so City wouldn't have a double.

I think it's incredibly risky. So I think I'm going to slightly change my transfer strategy so that I have 11 solid DGW playersand then some good subs.

I was also adamant that if I didn't BB then I would use my TC chip. But I don't think I'm going to do that either now!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, a-k said:

If it's not announced before the deadline then surely they cannot add it to that GW. That would be, as Scott Parker says, scandalous.

Yeah I wouldn't have thought they would. But it's unprecedented times.

I've never known it be so difficult to plan as it is this season

49 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I have been planning my Bench Boost for weeks and weeks.

And now for the first time I'm seriously considering not using it.

I should have 15 players with a double. But four of those are Leeds/Southampton players who no longer have a double. Two of them are Villa players who might not have a double. One of them is Reece James who has been injured so is unlikely to play both games. One of my southampton players is Adams who has also been injured. Still possible that Villa Man City could be postponed so City wouldn't have a double.

I think it's incredibly risky. So I think I'm going to slightly change my transfer strategy so that I have 11 solid DGW playersand then some good subs.

I was also adamant that if I didn't BB then I would use my TC chip. But I don't think I'm going to do that either now!

I think we have almost identical teams. 

• Like 1

My non-free-hit team would be on 10pts at the moment with Riedewald and Holding to play. My free-hit team is on 38pts with Holding, Leno & Saka to play. It could've been so much better had Sterling not done what he did last night but I think 28pts+effectively 2 extra scores to come is a decent if unspectacular return on a free hit token.

Not the sensational week I'd hoped for but basically every big asset faltered which can't really be predicted. Half my points were from my defence and that would have been an even higher percentage if I didn't decide to cheap out on half of them to fit Lacazette in.

Non free hit team would've scored 24 (plus 6 as I'd have transferred in Holding which makes 30) so I got 33 points for my FH chip which is a good return as far as I'm concerned. It also let me focus on bringing in DGW players but I did a shite job of that tbh.

Not even close to BB now with SOU LEE postponed but I was never really sold on it anyway. I'll probably take a -4 or -8 to bring in some nailed premium defenders and maybe whack TC on KDB or Salah.

On 22/12/2020 at 16:47, A'Villan said:

Yeah absolutely. It's definitely appreciated. I don't really care too much for bragging rights over the forum or my friends who've got a league with. However I like to do well at anything I invest time into, and I've been notoriously poor at this since 2010 (albeit I've played 3 or 4 seasons of it since). So some pointers is definitely welcome.

Plus the loser of our group league among friends here in Melbourne has to pay for a round of pizzas for everyone in the group. Yep, I'm dead last by 100 points already.

I take it you've given up on fantasy after 1 transfer in 10 weeks?

1 minute ago, A'Villan said:

That can't be right. I was on there this morning too.

You're still there. I just mean you seem to have stopped adjusting your squad.

1 minute ago, BOF said:

You're still there. I just mean you seem to have stopped adjusting your squad.

I've made a total of 24 transfers.

Edit: I am pretty unreliable with logging in though, and checking who's hot.

I like my front three, and I'm hoping my midfielders have the season where potential is realised.

Edited by A'Villan