Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2020/21

Stevo985

I was torn on wolves players and stuck on Neto or Coady, in the end got Coady purely as I wanted Maddison. Seems I got lucky there. 

I also ditched all the City players as don't trust Pep Roulette with the run in. 

7 hours ago, BOF said:

I'm all out on 38-4.

Sorry to hear that bud, painful. 

Although I'll be honest, a small part of me is smiling that I'm now above you and @Stevo985 purely as I seem to have been stuck behind and chasing you both most of the season and never thought I'd catch up (I'm sure I'll get caught out some week soon). 

Still plenty to play for though and I'll never catch up with some of you lot in here, unbelievable ranks. 

66 points this GW for me, I was a bit concerned before the Arsenal game but it went fairly well in the end. 

Coady and Kelechi on my bench as well so could’ve been mega but wasn’t really ever heavily considering playing either so can’t be too annoyed with that. 

4 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Sorry to hear that bud, painful. 

Although I'll be honest, a small part of me is smiling that I'm now above you and @Stevo985 purely as I seem to have been stuck behind and chasing you both most of the season and never thought I'd catch up (I'm sure I'll get caught out some week soon). 

Still plenty to play for though and I'll never catch up with some of you lot in here, unbelievable ranks. 

It's very frustrating.

Not really for the VT league. I only have half an eye on that. But for my paid league it's very annoying. I've been slowly catching up over weeks and weeks to the point where I was about 20 points off 2nd place and less than 50 off first. Which is still a lot but it's achievable especially as the guy in first doesn't have a great pedigree in FPL so he's capable of a collapse.

Now in just 2 gameweeks I find myself over 100 points off the top and nearly 100 points off the guy in 2nd.

Avoiding those truly disastrous weeks is key in FPL and I've had two in a row

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

It's very frustrating.

Not really for the VT league. I only have half an eye on that. But for my paid league it's very annoying. I've been slowly catching up over weeks and weeks to the point where I was about 20 points off 2nd place and less than 50 off first. Which is still a lot but it's achievable especially as the guy in first doesn't have a great pedigree in FPL so he's capable of a collapse.

Now in just 2 gameweeks I find myself over 100 points off the top and nearly 100 points off the guy in 2nd.

Avoiding those truly disastrous weeks is key in FPL and I've had two in a row

Understandable. I've had several good weeks in a row and am sure my luck is about to change. The guys above you will be due bad weeks. 

I've done a mini wildcard just to stop the rot. I've taken a -8 and brought in Iheanacho, Son & Lingard. I'll move Son to Salah next week. In the grand scheme I just need one of those to work out in order to get the 8 back. The outgoing players were Bamford, Aubameyang & Gundogan.  I could have shipped Raphinha instead of Gundogan but I'm fed up looking at his meagre minutes and pathetic returns.  My template has just gone stale stale stale. Ideally I'd like to have one of Havertz or Pulisic too as I think they're the next big thing. But I'll do my usual and give everyone a month's headstart.

3 minutes ago, BOF said:

I've done a mini wildcard just to stop the rot. I've taken a -8 and brought in Iheanacho, Son & Lingard. I'll move Son to Salah next week. In the grand scheme I just need one of those to work out in order to get the 8 back. The outgoing players were Bamford, Aubameyang & Gundogan.  I could have shipped Raphinha instead of Gundogan but I'm fed up looking at his meagre minutes and pathetic returns.  My template has just gone stale stale stale. Ideally I'd like to have one of Havertz or Pulisic too as I think they're the next big thing. But I'll do my usual and give everyone a month's headstart.

I'm surprised Auba didn't work out, really thought he'd do well. 

You going to get Bamford back for the final few games? I've ditched him and Raphina but will target them again. 

Chelsea look good but their rotation worries me. 

Just now, Rds1983 said:

You going to get Bamford back for the final few games? I've ditched him and Raphina but will target them again.

I may well do. Only thing is 2 of their final 3 may not yet be on their summer holidays. But it's too far ahead for that now. I'll probably have Antonio by then too as their finish is very simlar and they may have something to play for. Going by the fixtures there's not a whole lot in the striking positions going into the final 3 games. Liverpool nothing. Sheffield nothing. Flum nothing. Kane's a given. It just really leaves Leeds and West Ham.

3 minutes ago, BOF said:

I may well do. Only thing is 2 of their final 3 may not yet be on their summer holidays. But it's too far ahead for that now. I'll probably have Antonio by then too as their finish is very simlar and they may have something to play for. Going by the fixtures there's not a whole lot in the striking positions going into the final 3 games. Liverpool nothing. Sheffield nothing. Flum nothing. Kane's a given. It just really leaves Leeds and West Ham.

I reckon Bamford will be pushing for a Euro's place and will want to finish the season well. I'm currently Kane, Nacho and Wood. I suspect I'll drop Wood as Burnley have nothing to play for but keep the others.

Yeah I've already taken my -4 this week. Sterling to Son, which was always the plan, plus the crocked Neto to Lingard. Which was not the plan.

If I'd just had that as my wildcard I'd probably be about 40-50 points better off

There's talk of GW 36 and 37 being rearranged to allow fans back into the stadium. The complications for FPL could be ridiculous if they struggle to rearrange gameweeks like they did last year!

41 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

There's talk of GW 36 and 37 being rearranged to allow fans back into the stadium. The complications for FPL could be ridiculous if they struggle to rearrange gameweeks like they did last year!

There's been talk of 37 for a while, because the re-introduction of fans co-incided with GW38 which would have obviously benefitted half of the league, so they've been looking at getting GW37 inside that change too so the whole league can have a home game.  GW36 is new though, and would surely make it lopsided all over again.

1 hour ago, BOF said:

There's been talk of 37 for a while, because the re-introduction of fans co-incided with GW38 which would have obviously benefitted half of the league, so they've been looking at getting GW37 inside that change too so the whole league can have a home game.  GW36 is new though, and would surely make it lopsided all over again.

It sounds like a shit show to be honest. I just hope after last season FPL have the ability to move deadlines and gameweeks a bit more easily.

One of Ben Crellin's scenarios was a HUGE blank on one of the weeks and another HUGE double on one of the others. Anyone with a FH and/or WC left will be laughing

• Like 1

Got a bit of a problem with the 5 blanks I'm about to have next week. Triple Spurs so can't take any of them out and it's likely one of Stones or Dias will play against us but I don't know which so they both stay, whoever gets rested will be replaced by Dallas this week. That leaves me with just Digne off the bench, not much insurance.

Chelsea have very tough games coming up and rotation will be hard and I can't stomach another week without the dancing man child. Mount > Lingard.

Triple Captain Kane, which feels a bit crap because everyone else will at least have him as captain but it is what it is.