Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2020/21

Stevo985

24 minutes ago, BOF said:

👀

Angry Season 1 GIF by Rick and Morty

Oh FFS! I'd finally settled on no BB and using TC on KDB and now I'm doubting that and thinking I need to BB. 

This season sucks and is so unpredictable! 

Okay, Bamford and Dallas were all set to play for me anyway. Struijk is on the bench. I'll see how it looks at 10.55 tomorrow morning and if the game is back on I'll swap TC for BB. 

KDB stays as captain either way (watch Bruno run riot now). 

I hate this game. 

Edited by Rds1983

I also think there are so many fixtures to catch up on that there are going to be other DGWs here and there. Not big ones with lots of teams on doubles, but there should be a good one somewhere to use your TC.

I think this week is ok to use it, but there's some risk around all of the candidates. KDB was apparently so tired he couldn't take the penalty the other night. Bruno is on 4 yellow cards so if he's booked in the first of the games he misses the second. Same for Grealish. Salah has had a rest but Liverpool have looked dog shit recently and Salah has done very little. Son and Kane only have one game and SHU's defence is much improved.

• Like 2

I've made my decisions. Lots of price changes tonight so I've acted to avoid being priced out.

Taken a -8, but Bench Boost is active.

11 players with a double. 15 if that Southampton v Leeds game magically was reinstated. That would be glorious

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Two COVID cases from the first game. This is going to be a messy week of football from the FPL perspective.

And I decided to start Johnstone instead of Emi.

Today I got a detention for jokingly saying "Who needs condoms when you've  got swag?" - Imgur

11 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I am so bad at this game. Every round I think "I should do this" then I cancel my plans because I can't possibly be right, then the matches start and voila, I should have gone ahead with my ideas. 

Happens everyone. I wouldn't worry about it 😁

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I am so bad at this game. Every round I think "I should do this" then I cancel my plans because I can't possibly be right, then the matches start and voila, I should have gone ahead with my ideas. 

Happens to me almost every other week that I regret not doing something. Part of the game is learning to trust your decisions and listen to your gut. However, never hurts to ask for a second opinion when you're conflicted about something (like me on who to captain yesterday). Personally I regret the things I don't do more than the things I do. 

Took a punt on taking a - 4 to swap Coufal in for Dallas this morning and nearly talked myself out of it, but Coufal has already paid back the - 4 and has a game against WBA to go. Might not have worked but I'd be really annoyed if I hadn't done it in the end. 

I took a -8 like many others. I’ve bench boosted and have 12 doubles.

My main reason for going with the BB now instead of 26 or another week, is that I’m lead to believe that in the next one the European competitions will be back on, so there’s more chance of rotation.

De Bruyne captained.

My bench boost was a flop so that'll likely come back to bite me in a few weeks but sitting on 35 points so far which I'm happy with.

If KDB could just finally get that mega haul that would be quite ideal. 

Yeah my bench boost has gone terribly.

I had 4 players with single weeks and they've got 7 points between them!

But I genuinely would have played Bamford over Justin, and Justin's 8 points tonight has gone some of the way to paying back the bench boost. If he could return in the week as well then I'd be ok.

11 minutes ago, Farlz said:

If KDB could just finally get that mega haul that would be quite ideal. 

Unfortunately I've captained KDB so I can assure you he'll do absolutely **** all

• Sad 1

Bamford and Alioski are on my bench. Obviously planned to have doubles but it was a step too far to replace them as well as the other 3 changes I made this week. I’ve only got one more single and that’s Holding, who should do okay.