Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

Did Ollie get an assist for Bailey's goal on the weekend? I've watched the clip back a few times and I can't quite figure out if he tried to dink the keeper and it rebounded to Bailey. Or if he deliberately cut it back to Bailey. 

Edited by PieFacE

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Did Ollie get an assist for Bailey's goal on the weekend? I've watched the clip back a few times and I can't quite figure out if he tried to dink the keeper and it rebounded to Bailey. Or if he deliberately cut it back to Bailey. 

I think he tried to clip it over keeper but also got an assist anyway. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

On the replay i'm thinking he played for that expecting the touch from the keeper. assist for me all day long

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think he tried to clip it over keeper but also got an assist anyway. 

He hasn't been awarded it has he though. I thought it was an assist so was surprised to see his name not there on the BBC report.

• Shocked 1

On 28/02/2024 at 09:06, PieFacE said:

Either counts as an ssist

• Like 1

On 28/02/2024 at 09:47, turvontour said:

He hasn't been awarded it has he though. I thought it was an assist so was surprised to see his name not there on the BBC report.

On 28/02/2024 at 11:21, Vive_La_Villa said:

I thought he had been awarded ! That’s crap. 

He got it on Opta which the prem uses for their records

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

He got it on Opta which the prem uses for their records

I take it back, looks like he doesn't have it anymore.

He definitely DID, because I checked at the time (for FPL reasons). But it appears to have been removed.

Strange. BY the rules they usually use it meets the criteria of an assist, imo

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

He has it on FPL

They don't remove it on FPL retrospectively.

They do during games or shortly after sometimes, but not once everything is updated. Like if a goal goes down as an own goal from the good ol' dubious goals committee, they don't change it on FPL

13 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

They don't remove it on FPL retrospectively.

They do during games or shortly after sometimes, but not once everything is updated. Like if a goal goes down as an own goal from the good ol' dubious goals committee, they don't change it on FPL

Ah I thought they just had a different stat provider; for example, sometimes I see a shot rebound off the keeper, it's an assist on FPL and not for the PL.

6 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Ah I thought they just had a different stat provider; for example, sometimes I see a shot rebound off the keeper, it's an assist on FPL and not for the PL.

I think they both use Opta but I could be wrong. Usually if Opta says it, then you can assume FPL will say the same thing

2 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

I always thought  goal scored from the rebound after a keeper saves a shot count as an assist for the shooter.

Yeah it does. That's why I thought this one should count

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I think they both use Opta but I could be wrong. Usually if Opta says it, then you can assume FPL will say the same thing

He has 15 on FPL. And 10 on BBC/PL. Not sure how there's such a discrepancy.

Edited by StefanAVFC

5 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Don't think the latter include being fouled for a penalty in their stats

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Looks like PL haven't given it which is rediculous. They met the ball simultaneously so you've got to be looking not to give it to come up with that. 

8 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

3 minutes ago, mole86 said:

Don't think the latter include being fouled for a penalty in their stats

Yep good point. Free kicks too that applies to I believe. 

Â