Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Would he?

Since bigger name strikers have flopped at these teams maybe Ollie be just fine

He'd enter the world of wikipedia scouts where he would cost more than Haaland but score less goals than him

Edit - but at least he won't suffer from the social media bullshit and get labelled penkins by rival fans 😬😂

Edited by villa4europe

4 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

If he won't sign a contract we're happy with I actually wonder if we might even be trying to sell him.

Who knows.

I know if Chelsea or anyone else came knocking with a decent offer I wouldn't be too bothered if we accepted it and he left.

Hopefully we would then use the money to the go and buy a striker who-

• Doesn't play with square feet.

• Doesn't run into trouble/dead end situations more often than not.

•Can score goals he's expected to.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Who knows.

I know if Chelsea or anyone else came knocking with a decent offer I wouldn't be too bothered if we accepted it and he left.

Hopefully we would then use the money to the go and buy a striker who-

• Doesn't play with square feet.

• Doesn't run into trouble/dead end situations more often than not.

•Can score goals he's expected to.

You're plain wrong if you think Watkins isn't a top half PL striker.

He'll be a nightmare to replace.

Edited by Tomaszk

His Hibs goals took him above Julian Joachim and Darius Vassell as a Villa goalscorer with forty six, one more puts him into the all time Villa top 50.

He's three behind Benteke, four behind Dean Saunders and six behind erm...Gareth Barry.

By January you'd expect him to have made good progress on that, if he signs a new deal, he could really push his way up the list.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

His Hibs goals took him above Julian Joachim and Darius Vassell as a Villa goalscorer with forty six, one more puts him into the all time Villa top 50.

He's three behind Benteke, four behind Dean Saunders and six behind erm...Gareth Barry.

By January you'd expect him to have made good progress on that, if he signs a new deal, he could really push his way up the list.

He has been frustrating at times in a Villa shirt. I didn't realise he was very close to overtaking those players you mentioned.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, paul514 said:

I’d be a fan of selling him for the 70m mentioned. It’s definitely more than he is worth for his talent, age and contract length

A few years ago you'd have been correct. You clearly haven't been keep with price rises in the last two years. £70 million would be the minimum for him now!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

A few years ago you'd have been correct. You clearly haven't been keep with price rises in the last two years. £70 million would be the minimum for him now!

That fee would make him the 10th most expensive striker of all time, there are very few clubs who can pay a fee like that.

I know, it's crazy. It's not surprising there are more free transfers now, but that IS the way the market is going now. Top strikers are pretty much unaffordable. Lazio's super striker was priced out of any offers, Kane went for nearly £100 million, even with his age and contract. Man Utd spent £70 million on a kid who has achieved just about nothing! It's insane, I agree. But our top players that leave us against our will are only going to go to top clubs now, for mega bucks, or for free as they see out their contracts.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

It’s a sad list of names and numbers…Joachim, Vassell and then a defender in Barry who while brilliant is in this list for goals.

Benteke though 42 league goals in 89 appearances was impressive, Ollie has 40 league goals in 112 appearances for comparison. I loved when Benteke played for us, what a striker he was.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Ignoring order of strikers on this, the Saturday Social is not the authority I would look to on anything given some of those on there.

Maybe not but what other starting strikers that are ranked below would you take? None are better than Ollie

24 minutes ago, nick76 said:

It’s a sad list of names and numbers…Joachim, Vassell and then a defender in Barry who while brilliant is in this list for goals.

There's a whole lot of other folks in and around there, I just picked out the more recent ones.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

From when I can remember starting to watch us, Benteke and Yorke are comfortably clear of any other strikers we've had. Just another level.

People forget how often Benteke would get injured and how long he would take to regain his form, he was awesome when match fit and firing but as soon as he got some consistency he went to Liverpool...

Watkins maybe frustrating but he's still one of the best strikers we have ever had and would take years to replace

Edited by VillanousOne

Â