Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

22 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

How are the other Villa lads doing?

Iroegbunam looked ok but was subbed, did play a really bad pass across the defence which was intercepted.

Ramsey looked lively, definitely looks like a player.

Chukwuemeka is brilliant at times and floats past opposition players but sometimes seems too laid back.

15 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Just watching him for the England u19s. Far too casual at times, and, crucially, at the wrong times.

This is one thing alot of us picked up on in his PL showings, and get slated for it.

• Like 2

In the first 3 games he was allowed time on the ball. When he has that he is imperious at times. 

But today Italy played a press and he was nowhere near as effective. 

That said , alot of the England players were not as effective for the exact same reason . Not just Carney.

Just now, villa4europe said:

That's his style

Its what's made him England's best player this tournament 

I'm not disputing his talent. I'm saying, that, invariably, the best option is the one that benefits the whole team.

Gascoigne learnt that eventually. You pick your moments at the right time. There's a reason why Gerrard has been reluctant to give him more minutes. 

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

This is one thing alot of us picked up on in his PL showings, and get slated for it.

I know. The worse thing any individual, playing sport can do, is not listen to constructive criticism . You become your own worse enemy.

14 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

That's his style

Being too casual at the wrong times is what's made him England's best player?

1 minute ago, MWARLEY2 said:

In the first 3 games he was allowed time on the ball. When he has that he is imperious at times. 

But today Italy played a press and he was nowhere near as effective. 

That said , alot of the England players were not as effective for the exact same reason . Not just Carney.

Ramsay had a nightmare. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

How are the other Villa lads doing?

Didn't think Ramsey was great. Tim looked solid.

Btw, to anyone who watched, that Bynoe-Gittens is a bit lively ain't he? Very exciting to watch.

4 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Being too casual at the wrong times is what's made him England's best player?

No appearing casual as he ghosts past players on his way to scoring and setting up goals 

He's relaxed on the ball and plays at his own speed, that's a quality, he has to learn and mature obviously but what makes him look so good is also the thing that makes people not rate him

I don't think he's overly casual and he's definitely not lazy

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I know. The worse thing any individual, playing sport can do, is not listen to constructive criticism . You become your own worse enemy.

I would be shocked and very disappointed if he is logging on here to get constructive criticism from fans 😛

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Didn't think Ramsey was great. Tim looked solid.

Btw, to anyone who watched, that Bynoe-Gittens is a bit lively ain't he? Very exciting to watch.

Big year for him next year, got some games for Dortmund at the end of last season when the league was lost, including vs bayern 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Big year for him next year, got some games for Dortmund at the end of last season when the league was lost, including vs bayern 

Thought he looked ok, decision making is poor but he’s still young. 

22 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I would be shocked and very disappointed if he is logging on here to get constructive criticism from fans 😛

I definitely lipread him saying "remember what Zatman said" to a teammate.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

That's his style

Its definitely is his style but it doesn't make him a good player. Its what's holding him back. 

2 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

4 games in 9 days would take its toll. I think alot of the players have done well to stay fit.Carney has played all but half a hour or so of the games and that heat was harsh to be fair. 

35° ish I think 

Maybe a couple of defenders that I haven't noticed have done more but it seems like he's playing the most out of all of them 

He's played all bar 15 mins vs Israel 

Â