Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

3 hours ago, choffer said:

Feel for you, bro. Your timing couldn't have been worse ;)

Dont feel for me im bloody chuffed .. im a villian am glad he scored a hat trick and i want him to do well 😄 im in dreamland 

• Like 3

I’ve missed a lot of the last few hours due to a football match that I got engrossed in and a lovely bottle of Scotch I got got equally engrossed in. So my two questions are, what exactly has Pearce reportedly heard from Dean and I mean heard not interpreted and secondly was that so cast iron that it merited the closing of a thread that has brought so much interest and fun from the contributors of VT, especially when there are now less than 24 hours before the window closes in a calm and very British manner?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Who was the bellend who was saying Callum Wilson would of been a better signing than Watkins, because he’s scored 3 in 4 games. 

look who’s on 3 in 3

goodfellas GIF

You fool did i say he would have been better than watkins 😂 go back and read .. anyway im buzzing right now won 7-2 WATKINS HAT-TRICK 

1 minute ago, RicRic said:

Mate im absolutely buzzing .. I couldn’t care less about that .. i want watkins to succeed.. im not one of those that cant accept being wrong ... 7-2 UTV !!!

He's a serious player isn't he? Only going to get better too. £28m could look so cheap soon.

50 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

We need central defensive cover and cover for Watkins more than we need Rashica 

I’d agree with your concerns about central defence but perhaps a player like Rashica could give us options on the left as well as cover for Ollie?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Okonokos said:

He's a serious player isn't he? Only going to get better too. £28m could look so cheap soon.

I hope so .. he admitted himself he should have had 4 tonight which really would have been something but im not complaining im ecstatic right now... we look frightening going forward .. barkley and grealish link up is 🔥

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I’ve missed a lot of the last few hours due to a football match that I got engrossed in and a lovely bottle of Scotch I got got equally engrossed in. So my two questions are, what exactly has Pearce reportedly heard from Dean and I mean heard not interpreted and secondly was that so cast iron that it merited the closing of a thread that has brought so much interest and fun from the contributors of VT, especially when there are now less than 24 hours before the window closes in a calm and very British manner?

Champagne 🍾 for me but its a great night for us all ... may that continue 

Just now, RicRic said:

I hope so .. he admitted himself he should have had 4 tonight which really would have been something but im not complaining im ecstatic right now... we look frightening going forward .. barkley and grealish link up is 🔥

I loved his interview when he said he was disappointed he didn't score the one on one. I think we'll let him off the hook this time but it shows he has a desire to never stop improving and never be satisfied. That's how you get to the top. Still need a backup attacker though, just in case of injuries.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I really don't see the harm in the thread being kept open for another 24 hours. Nothing is certain either way yet.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I’d agree with your concerns about central defence but perhaps a player like Rashica could give us options on the left as well as cover for Ollie?

Yeah, he's played everywhere across the attack, very much a player that enables a great deal of tactical flexibility and makes it easy to move our pieces around without (in theory) compromising quality. If Jack's out, he covers the left, Ross's out, Jack moves inside, he covers the left, Ollie's out, he goes up top or Traore goes up top and he covers the right, SJM's out, Ross moves back next to Doug, Jack moves inside, he covers the left. Rotation is going to be inevitable in a season this congested, too, even beyond normal injuries/suspensions/form issues. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Okonokos said:

I really don't see the harm in the thread being kept open for another 24 hours. Nothing is certain either way yet.

At the very least it seems that there are a number of threads that have considerably less relevance to VT members than the Rashica thread. Surely the main point of a football blog, or for that matter any blog, is that it engages people’s interest. I’m baffled that this thread has been closed yet again at a time when transfers are particularly relevant to supporters. Am I missing something here?

Edited by DaveAV1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, messi11 said:

I still think Rashica deal happens 

Wish I shared in your hope, but after Ashley’s tweet mines gone now. Obvs hope I’m wrong but just feel that was the final nail in the coffin.