Tennis: General Chat

snowychap

I was there on Friday and saw Goffin v Medvedev, he played so well so I hope he goes far, but Djokovic in the quarters is a rather big stumbling block sadly but fingers crossed.

On 06/07/2019 at 15:22, rjw63 said:

That Konta has got lovely legs, but she's shit at tennis

Just won again, I obviously underestimated her

3 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Just won again, I obviously underestimated her

She got to the French Quarters and previously got to the semi at Wimbledon. I think she has a chance. 

Who was that French (I think) ex player standing next to Pam Shriver just now? Torpedo bewbs FTW

ha, Marion Bartoli

Edited by rjw63

Looks like the remaining Williams brother is going to win it again, despite being ancient and a couple of stone overweight

2 hours ago, PaulC said:

He’s like ferrer a big small and lightweight to beat the top guys in slams. Nishikori too but he did get to a USA open final 

If Nishikori could serve he'd be a serious threat. Federer will get to him eventually here.

38 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I wonder if the spectators feel short-changed today. Both semi's over in a flash.  Makes a mockery of equal pay for women in tennis. 

The final will be the same too. It will be 2/3 full at best and over in less than 90 mins. Was actually offered some reasonable  tickets for Saturday earlier in the week but it just isn't worth the trip for an hour or so of tennis.

I have been to plenty of WTA tournaments over the years & do actually like womens tennis but most of them are very poorly attended despite usually being incredibly cheap to get into (less than £20 for a whole day) the whole equal pay thing is rediculous and always has been. The simple truth is that if there was no womens tournament at any of the majors nobody would care. The attendances would be the same, The TV Coverage would be the same, The advertising revenue would be the same, They would just need fewer courts

Â