Relegation thread

Knutserov13

4 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Tomorrow result is crucial. Then Bournemouth will play Southampton before our game with Arsenal.

Same goes with Watford and Man City.

We’ll have a clear view before we kick a ball against Arsenal.

However, any result tomorrow apart from a West Ham win means we need something against Arsenal. 

Pretty much this.

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Watford and west ham will play out a dtaw im sure of that. Has 0-0 all over it.

We blew it yet again and have no one but ourselves to blame.

Too many bottlers and wimps in this team. We need to sign some hard bastards in the summer with passion

Why would they do that. Both have difficult run in and Bournemouth have winnable games

West Ham and Watford purposely playing for a draw wouldn't make sense, as that would leave them both still in danger of going down, whereas if one of them win then that virtually makes them safe, as it will put them on 37 points a number that we and Bournemouth can only equal. In fact a draw for us would probably be better than a Watford win, although best outcome would be a heavy Watford defeat.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I don't think passion stopped us last night. 

Lack of quality has always been the major issue. 

I think a lot of the passion has gone. I agree there is a lack of quality. But i alsp think the team hasnt every gelled well this year. 

We didnt do as bad as fulham did but we signed too many players hoping their would be a quick spark when the opposites happened and we just look utter pants

1 hour ago, mottaloo said:

If we beat arsenal then i will change my name to Sir Cyril Shagnasty

Good morning Sir Cyril, where does one want one’s Swan eggs and soldiers this morning? On the pool patio due to this exceptionally clement weather? 

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Watford and west ham will play out a dtaw im sure of that. Has 0-0 all over it.

They would both be taking a very hefty bet on us not beating Arsenal then. Still, if they are prepared to bet against us, let's hope they will come to regret it. 

If's and But's (updated)

Oh dear...

West Ham to beat Watford

Bournemouth to lose to Man City ✅

Aston Villa to beat Everton - draw ❎

16 - West Ham - 37 points

17 - Watford - 34 points

18 - Bournemouth - 31 points

19 - Aston Villa - 31 points

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Its about as much of a derby as Villa vs Walsall 😂

Walsall is rather near to Villa Park and I remember that they took their games against us rather seriously back in the early 70s. ;)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, John said:

They would both be taking a very hefty bet on us not beating Arsenal then. Still, if they are prepared to bet against us, let's hope they will come to regret it. 

Induce the spirit of Sir Ron

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Distance-wise it’s more like Villa vs Burton Albion

It is but some people are next door neighbours down that way and live 5 miles apart

Edited by Follyfoot

3 minutes ago, John said:

Walsall is rather near to Villa Park and I remember that they took their games against us rather seriously back in the early 70s. ;)

Of course. Bournemouth are more the Walsall in the story 😛

I had a look on a Southampton forum and a lot of them were saying that they have a soft spot for Bournemouth. Think from a fans point of view they'd rather see us go down, as we'd been seen as more of a threat in the premier league.

Calling it now... Davis will finally score a league goal against West Ham to make us all think we're safe and then something ridiculous (probably VAR) will happen in another game that makes us beating West Ham not matter and we still go down