Relegation thread

Knutserov13

2 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Watford 4 points ahead of us. Yes, they must be quaking right now.

+ Goal difference.

I really don't see us getting 5 points and Watford getting none.

Watford's goal difference is only better than ours by four goals, that can easily turn around over the remainder of the season, all it would take is for them to lose a game 2-0 and us to win one by the same margin and we'd be level, and we've scored more than them. And yes we've got Man Utd tomorrow, but they've also still got Man City to play.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Liverpool were going to destroy our goal difference as well

And yet, despite the fabulous results we had against Sheff U, Chelsea and Liverpool, here we are still in the relegation zone, 4 points adrift of 17th Place and 4 goals worse off than our nearest rivals.

Puzzling. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

Also turned up shit which was very lucky for us... still lost

Why is every positive result we get to you is because the other team played shit that day? like Sheff Utd

Edited by nick76

11 minutes ago, jim said:

Based on what? Blind faith? The form and table doesn’t lie.

You're right, which is why we are in the position we're in. It is a bit of blind faith yes, which you need being a villa fan. It's also seeing how other teams have won games where form has said they shouldnt in prev. Relegation battles.

Im not denying we are in the brown stuff, im just not totally giving up and talking non stop about next years championship. I sware some posters are desperate for us to go down, just so they can have a moan.

We're staying up, thats my opinion. If im wrong, im wrong. I shouldnt be mocked and criticised for believing it

• Like 4

Just now, GingerCollins29 said:

You're right, which is why we are in the position we're in. It is a bit of blind faith yes, which you need being a villa fan. It's also seeing how other teams have won games where form has said they shouldnt in prev. Relegation battles.

Im not denying we are in the brown stuff, im just not totally giving up and talking non stop about next years championship. I sware some posters are desperate for us to go down, just so they can have a moan.

We're staying up, thats my opinion. If im wrong, im wrong. I shouldnt be mocked and criticised for believing it

This!!!

me too!!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Why is every positive result we get to you is because the other team played shit that day? like Sheff Utd

What positive results ? - we haven't won since January !

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

It has to be said, we are still a badly run football club. We went into this season with virtually nobody up front and a complete lack of experience or players with any sort aggression. We were in trouble in January and we still piddled about trying to find value in the market, where was the Darren Bent type of signing to lift the club. Apparently Oliver Giroud was available on loan and we got Danny bleedin’ Drinkwater. 

We can moan about Dean Smith and with some justification but he’s been dealt a crap hand. The truth is probably that if we were a proper ambitious club that was going to take on the PL and be genuinely be competitive we would have made better recruitment decisions. Leaving aside the romance that we all loved of having one of our own in charge a ruthless board would have shook Deans hand given him a big bonus and then gone and got a top manager. Now we’re back to square one and I’ve got little faith in Purslow to turn this around. The owners still have some credit in the bank, but they need to step up now and get some proper people in to run this club or we’ll be having these conversations for years to come. 

What club ever, ever has sacked the manager who got them promoted (I am assuming you mean at the start of the season and not 10 games ago). 

4 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Rightly or wrongly if you think Villa are staying up you will be mocked.

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

What club ever, ever has sacked the manager who got them promoted (I am assuming you mean at the start of the season and not 10 games ago). 

Jokanovic. Watford. Though they don't do things like others .

There's a difference between thinking that we will stay up and thinking that we at least still have a chance. As unlikely as it might seem, it really wouldn't take the most amazing set of results for us to survive.

You can bet that most of those saying we're already down will still be anxiously awaiting the results of our remaining games and those of our rivals, and that's because deep down most of us know it's not over yet. I think a lot think if they declare us already down before it's happened then they won't feel as disappointed when it actually happens.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, nick76 said:

That doesn’t make sense. How is losing a positive result? Liverpool were well off colour and still won 2-0.

The only fortunate thing is that they had nothing to play for and we’re probably still pissed, otherwise they’d have trounced us (as I suspect MU will).

Edited by Genie

12 minutes ago, hippo said:

What positive results ? - we haven't won since January !

We were going to be easily beaten by Sheff Utd apparently but we drew with them....

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

We are the type which would beat United with a boisterous performance then lose every other game.

It's the hope that kills you.

Difficult to have any emotions.

I can’t see us beating United, but we could potentially play really well and give us the belief “if we play like that against Everton, Palace and West Ham we’ll beat them“... then play shit in those games.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

We were going to be easily beaten by Sheff Utd apparently but we drew with them....

True.

I wouldn't say that was a positive result though - not winning that and the Newcastle game are IMO what made our relegation highly probable - even though we lost neither match !

• Like 3

1 minute ago, useless said:

There's a difference between thinking that we will stay up and thinking that we at least still have a chance. As unlikely as it might seem, it really wouldn't take the most amazing set of results for us to survive.

You can bet that most of those saying we're already down will still be anxiously awaiting the results of our remaining games and those of our rivals, and that's because deep down most of us know it's not over yet. I think a lot think if they declare us already down before it's happened then they won't feel as disappointed when it actually happens.

And would you accept those that have the opinion that deep down, it is over ? I've supported villa 30 years. You think i get my kicks from writing us off ? I've read pages and pages tonight of if Watford lose this, if West Ham do that but for christ sake you have to stop and say WE need to win games and we just don't look good enough. Even DC who was peddling the line that we were joint 17th the last few days is conspicuous by his absence tonight. Even for an eternal optimist like himself he probably realises it's too much of an ask. I'll say this useless, we have to win thursday. That must be the mindset. It isn't a freebie. Forget Palace. Last day at West Ham. No. If we get hockeyed thursday i dont think we'll have it in us to go again.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, hippo said:

Rightly or wrongly if you think Villa are staying up you will be mocked.

Yeah but the same people whinging now will be whinging about something next season and the season afterwards.  I’d rather be positive/hopeful like GingerCollins than negative/depressed all the time like so many on this website.  Seems like a few on here hope we get relegated to prove them right....just feels twisted somehow on here sometimes.  Some on here are always negative season after season and I wonder why? What do they get out of being a fan? What do they get then about constantly writing negative things?  Not saying you but some on here.

i’m happy to be mocked, I’m used to it in life 😂

• Like 1