Relegation thread

Knutserov13

6 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

7 is even actually absolute bare minimum if you think of it. It's not 7 yep home and hosed. We get 7 and West Ham and Watford keep kicking on a bit, we are still done

why 7? Cant see Watford winning against Newcastle, W Ham, Man City or Arsenal.  We obviously need 4 to be level with them....goal difference then becomes an issue as we are 4 GD behind them.  They may scrape a draw....I'm thinking 2 wins and we'll be ok.

Forget about whether we can get those points for this discussion...are you thinking Watford will win another game or will get 3 draws re the 7 points?

13 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Imagine saying in August we wouldn't be even capable of 30 points after the mass spend.

Last few months hugely disappointing. Certainly going to adopt a much more critical stance next time we get promoted regarding transfers. Just being grateful for any old mid table dross to join us should not be acceptable next time.

You've said it now.

6 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Nah mate, like it all season. Burnley at home one example. 2-1. Nervous wreck. They couldn't see it out. Loads of instances like that.

Yes we wasted so many points in August and September which is when we should've had a bit of momentum since. Twice leading at home to Burnley, twice leading at Arsenal and against 10 men. Last half hour at home to 10 men of West Ham. Awful first 10 minutes at home to Bournemouth. Robbed of a point at Palace and also 1-1 at Spurs up to 87th minute.#

2 points from that which is looking first costly. Should've got another 5-6 points which would put us on the brink of safety.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Nah mate, like it all season. Burnley at home one example. 2-1. Nervous wreck. They couldn't see it out. Loads of instances like that.

This is exactly it. How many games have we thrown it away late, or individual mistakes cost us. Our players don’t have the mental strength and character unfortunately. Our players and Management can only blame themselves.

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

why 7? Cant see Watford winning against Newcastle, W Ham, Man City or Arsenal.  We obviously need 4 to be level with them....goal difference then becomes an issue as we are 4 GD behind them.  They may scrape a draw....I'm thinking 2 wins and we'll be ok.

Forget about whether we can get those points for this discussion...are you thinking Watford will win another game or will get 3 draws re the 7 points?

So u think we are staying up on 33 ? Ah mate that's seriously clutching. Not a chance that happens. I think Watford will beat Newcastle. If they don't and West Ham beat Norwich, West Ham and Watford could easily play out the most drab draw ever and pretty much put us down. 33 won't keep any team up. Ever.

1 hour ago, LondonLax said:

The main problem with the championship is the lack of TV coverage. Next season will likely not have fans in the stands either so it’s going to be tough for many to see the games. Hopefully some sort of special streaming subscription will be set up.

But great away allocation 👌

7 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I hope you’re right. I think Watford will see Newcastle off on Saturday. If we lose to Man U then we are definitely done.

It’s so frustrating. We have been so unprofessional this season. We didn’t even have to be that good to stay up and yet we still couldn’t manage it. 

Just now, Johnnyp said:

So u think we are staying up on 33 ? Ah mate that's seriously clutching. Not a chance that happens. I think Watford will beat Newcastle. If they don't and West Ham beat Norwich, West Ham and Watford could easily play out the most drab draw ever and pretty much put us down. 33 won't keep any team up. Ever.

If Watford lose to Newcastle and looking at them, they are awful...yes they got three points but it was against Norwich.  Nobody would’ve argued if that ended asa draw based on the game and chances.  

But if Watford lose to Newcastle and draw with West Ham, that puts them on 32 points.

I think 33 points could stay up if you look how bad we all are and the games remaining.  Arguably neither Bmouth or Villa could get to 31 points right now so Watford could lose all their games and stay up on 31 points couldn’t they? So your argument that 33 won’t keep any team up is floored.

I can understand if your argument was that you can’t see us getting to 33 points though but not to the point above.

2 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

I hope you’re right. I think Watford will see Newcastle off on Saturday. If we lose to Man U then we are definitely done.

It’s so frustrating. We have been so unprofessional this season. We didn’t even have to be that good to stay up and yet we still couldn’t manage it. 

Don’t you think Watford are awful? I think Newcastle will do them easily.

Cant argue with your final point.

I think we need to presume that Watford will beat one of Newcastle or West Ham. Therefore we need 3 wins out of the last 5. We MUST beat Crystal Palace, end of. Realistically we’ve got to beat either Man Utd or Arsenal at home. That leaves us needing to beat either Everton or West Ham away (or both if we fail to beat Man Utd or Arsenal). It’s very tough, but not impossible. Everton, West Ham and Crystal Palace don’t have anything left to play for. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, thejoker said:

I think we need to presume that Watford will beat one of Newcastle or West Ham. Therefore we need 3 wins out of the last 5. We MUST beat Crystal Palace, end of. Realistically we’ve got to beat either Man Utd or Arsenal at home. That leaves us needing to beat either Everton or West Ham away (or both if we fail to beat Man Utd or Arsenal). It’s very tough, but not impossible. Everton, West Ham and Crystal Palace don’t have anything left to play for. 

Nah I don’t think Watford will. I think if we win 2 we will stay up.....now....winning 2 is the hard part.

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

If Watford lose to Newcastle and looking at them, they are awful...yes they got three points but it was against Norwich.  Nobody would’ve argued if that ended asa draw based on the game and chances.  

But if Watford lose to Newcastle and draw with West Ham, that puts them on 32 points.

I think 33 points could stay up if you look how bad we all are and the games remaining.  Arguably neither Bmouth or Villa could get to 31 points right now so Watford could lose all their games and stay up on 31 points couldn’t they? So your argument that 33 won’t keep any team up is floored.

I can understand if your argument was that you can’t see us getting to 33 points though but not to the point above.

Not so much that it's beyond the realms of impossibility that we can't get 33 I just firmly believe 33 won't keep u up. West Brown staying up on 35 was considered an anomaly, never done before and not done since. 

I’d take a point on Thursday if offered now (can’t see it mind) to get it back to 3 points. Even more so if West Ham drop points in a tricky fixture tomorrow. 

I think we will realistically know more of our fate come Sunday. If Watford get a win on Saturday and we lose to Palace it’s curtains really. 

We can debate all the other results as much as we want the facts are that set of players of ours needs to now stand up and go and win a game on Thursday night. A win in my opinion will completely knock the stuffing out of Watford as they will expect to go into the weekend with a 4 point gap

• Like 3

Just now, cb_82 said:

We can debate all the other results as much as we want the facts are that set of players of ours needs to now stand up and go and win a game on Thursday night. A win in my opinion will completely knock the stuffing out of Watford as they will expect to go into the weekend with a 4 point gap

Couldn’t agree more. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Watford are pretty bad but so are Newcastle. Watford will sense blood if we don’t beat Man U and with Pearson in charge he will make sure they are right at it. I think they will win comfortably but I do hope I am wrong.

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I was surprised how up for it Newcastle were at Bournemouth, you'd think they were the team in the relegation zone. That's not to say they'll pull that out against Watford. Could be the game they finally are on the beach, mentally.

1 minute ago, Johnnyp said:

Not so much that it's beyond the realms of impossibility that we can't get 33 I just firmly believe 33 won't keep u up. West Brown staying up on 35 was considered an anomaly, never done before and not done since. 

Do you honestly believe that us and Bmouth are going to get to 31 points? If not, Watford could be safe now