Relegation thread

Knutserov13

Just now, Johnnyp said:

Does the fact they are 4 points ahead of us, as opposed to 1 prior to kick off, not change anything for you ? Even slightly ?

no, because this was the game theyd win. I honestly believe theh wont get any other points. We will.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, GingerCollins29 said:

It is yeh actually. Embarassing actually. Have yer meltdown when the fat lady sings. Until then, get behind the players and have a bit of belief. 

(Not aimed at you personally).

It is because of the players that I have zero belief!

27 minutes ago, HongKongVillan said:

If we win on Thursday we still have a chance in surviving. 

Nurse! Wheres my medicine?

If we win has been bandied about on these pages since the dawn of time.

2 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

No you are not ridiculous because of your different opinion, your post was ridiculous for calling out anyone who didn't agree with you.

that's your opinion and you are entitled to it.

but i disagree

have a nice day

4 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

I, like many others, still hold out some hope.

Based on what exactly? We havent won in 10 games. Scored 2 goals in the last 7 games. Have worse fixtures to come than the last 5 which we got 2 points from. Outside of Norwich, we have the worst attack and defence in the league and are completely and horrifically out of form.

Oh and are 4 points from safety. There is not a single piece of evidence to suggest we get anywhere close to survival.

Edited by R.Bear
  • Like 1

We don't look like scoring let alone winning.Been dead and buried for months for me since early this year the lack of fight and desperation was the the end of it last line.

Edited by ozvilla28

4 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

I don't think the relegation ( please don't say im being negative, yes i know we aren't relegated, i believe we will be - just my opinion ) will be as bad for us this time. Grealish will leave, no more waving to the fans at Hull type scenarios, he's gone. Mings could go ( don't shoot me - I don't think the guys that good ) Could see McGinn sign for a Southampton or Palace. He's not top 6. Stop it. Luiz also might go. Retain Konsa, Engels, Targett. Heaton captain. Need to add to midfield again. Ramsey should be around match day squads. Recruitment will be key again. I'm really hoping they are making moves getting rid of that Spanish guy behind the scenes. Also though, Villa getting relegated 4 years ago was huge. Massive story in English football. PL ever present up to then. Everyone raised it when they played us. I don't think we'll get the "star" treatment this time and that might not be so bad.

Best post I’ve seen on here in a while and exactly how I feel. When we were last in the championship I enjoyed the togetherness with the team and fans. Felt like there was a real connection. We lost that as soon as we signed all of the players in the summer. (Understand that we needed to). I think we need to get back to that and presuming we have money to spend from player sales, think we can give it a good push for automatic promotion 

5 minutes ago, ozvilla28 said:

We don't look like scoring let alone winning.Been dead and buried for months for me since early April the lack of fight and desperation was the the end of it last line.

Which was the game in early April that convinced you we were gone?

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Neither will we. Hence why i believe we'll pick up more

Lowest total to survive was West Brom on 35. I don't think we'll get near an asses roar of it.

I beg the question.

the players trusted Dean in the promotion season, he won them over with a 10 game winning run and a play off final and the cup run.....Will the players be as convinced next season, in the championship after this season.

I am not convinced the same level of confidence will be around the place.