Generic Virus Thread

villakram

I aint going to lie last night was **** awful. So that is what flu feels like. Banging headache, absolutely freezing for most of the night and now roasting hot. That all said I would have the jab again. 

You can now book a vaccination without a prompt from your doctor if you are 50 or over. 

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/who-can-get-the-vaccine/

People aged 50 and over

Everyone aged 50 and over can get the COVID-19 vaccine.

You can book appointments at a larger vaccination centre or pharmacy now, or wait to be invited to go to a local NHS service.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You can really see the impact of the vaccination programme in the figures now. 

Compared to Germany our 7 day rolling average for new cases and for deaths is about half of theirs. 

Compared to France our 7 day rolling average for new cases is less than a quarter of theirs and for deaths is about half of theirs.  On that basis France are in for a lot of pain in a few weeks as well. 

In both countries the new cases are actually growing as well whereas ours is shrinking. 

This is why its so important to keep vaccinating.  These increases in deaths are significantly more than the reported numbers of blood clotting issues which are probably not even connected anyway. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 3

The anniversary of Britain's shut down is provoking some fairly damning media content, which is somewhat surprising. First there was Laura K's big story which, while entirely anonymous and therefore completely unaccountable, managed nevertheless to get quite a lot of damning stuff in it. Now Edwina Currie is dragged out to give defence a shot, and dearie me:

They're gonna need to come up with better lines than this, I feel.

40 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

The anniversary of Britain's shut down is provoking some fairly damning media content, which is somewhat surprising. First there was Laura K's big story which, while entirely anonymous and therefore completely unaccountable, managed nevertheless to get quite a lot of damning stuff in it. Now Edwina Currie is dragged out to give defence a shot, and dearie me:

They're gonna need to come up with better lines than this, I feel.

The Prime Minister of Our Hearts. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

You can really see the impact of the vaccination programme in the figures now. 

Compared to Germany our 7 day rolling average for new cases and for deaths is about half of theirs. 

Compared to France our 7 day rolling average for new cases is less than a quarter of theirs and for deaths is about half of theirs.  On that basis France are in for a lot of pain in a few weeks as well. 

In both countries the new cases are actually growing as well whereas ours is shrinking. 

This is why its so important to keep vaccinating.  These increases in deaths are significantly more than the reported numbers of blood clotting issues which are probably not even connected anyway. 

It’s going to be very sobering to work out how many people have died as a result of the botched vaccination programmes and the failed smear campaigns against the Oxford AZ vaccine.

The leaders of these major nations have a huge amount of blood on their hands (as do ours, but for different reasons).

4 hours ago, Seat68 said:

I aint going to lie last night was **** awful. So that is what flu feels like. Banging headache, absolutely freezing for most of the night and now roasting hot. That all said I would have the jab again. 

I understand that the second jab is a lot milder.  it's more of a training exercise inside your body rather than a full out war.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I understand that the second jab is a lot milder.  it's more of a training exercise inside your body rather than a full out war.

I hope so. Pretty much fine now, a few aches but thats it. Last night though was terrible but what it achieves I am happy to do it. 

2 cases in my 1 year olds nursery - I believe it's parents of children who are confirmed, not anybody in the nursery.  

This means 2 of the 3 rooms are closed, whilst my 1 year old could have gone in (and did for 20 mins), I went and picked him up again as it's his last day in this week and should anything happen, that's 10 days home schooling again with the 6 year old which he'd absolutely hate.

Done our lateral flows on Monday and have done so again today, all clear, but we can't get the 1 year old to do one, it's a horrible experience for them (he's had 3 covid19 tests before the opening of the schools - all negative thankfully).

Just shows that we're still not there yet and I'm seeing quite a few people turn up to nursery without a mask etc (even now). 

4 hours ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

The venue was great too: the Science Museum in South Kensington.

Haha, sh*ts on Holm View Leisure Centre in Barry. I was only there 15 mins but what struck me was the solemn but busy turnover of people patiently queueing, moving through without fuss then walking away. Then you look at France and Germany - I'm honestly not anti EU but as others have put more politely, they are **** the dog on this one.  

Some advice on booking a jab from my empirical evidence gleaned from friends and colleagues

Wait until you are contacted by your GP to book your jab, if you react to the NHS text, you get booked weeks away. When your GP contacts you the wait is only a few days (or less)

• Like 2

Just now, bickster said:

Some advice on booking a jab from my empirical evidence gleaned from friends and colleagues

Wait until you are contacted by your GP to book your jab, if you react to the NHS text, you get booked weeks away. When your GP contacts you the wait is only a few days (or less)

My GP contacted me for the same day so my very limited evidence supports this. 

34 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

My GP contacted me for the same day so my very limited evidence supports this. 

Nearly everyone in work has waited for the GP appt because NHS hadnt got down to their level yet. They've all been done and are younger than me. I'm left waiting until 1st April for being keen!

One bloke in the group below me (50-55) was contacted by GP Monday, had jab Tuesday morning

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

Some Germans I know said it was the opposite. They felt fine from the first shot, but absolutely awful from the second. Seems to be pretty random tbf

35 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Some Germans I know said it was the opposite. They felt fine from the first shot, but absolutely awful from the second. Seems to be pretty random tbf

That'll be Pfizer, I expect. Evidence so far suggests the second one is worse. It's the opposite with AZ. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Some Germans I know said it was the opposite. They felt fine from the first shot, but absolutely awful from the second. 

Careful now, that's enough for them to abandon vaccines altogether. 

Â