Generic Virus Thread

villakram

14 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Some people are really outing themselves on here and seem proud about it. Astonishing really. 

No ones asking you to treat it like the plague. Just be less selfish if you have it. I mean is it that much to ask? 

Why do you keep talking a out it in terms of The Plague? 

It's a highly infectious deadly disease, without vaccines it probably would be as deadly as the plague. 

It's an odd comparison you are making.  Yes, we absolutely should treat it like the plague. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Me and the wife got our 3rd jabs today, same place, same jab - moderna.

I'm absolutely fine, she's got a sore arm, painful joints and a bad headache, currently asleep next to me.

I've had to say I'm feeling wary just for her to feel less hard done by.  

Mad how it hits different in different people 🥺

Same with me and my other half who is 5 months pregnant, although probably account for some of the soreness. But yeah she got a headache, joint pain. I just got a sore arm.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

It's a highly infectious deadly disease, without vaccines it probably would be as deadly as the plague. 

It's an odd comparison you are making.  Yes, we absolutely should treat it like the plague. 

He isn’t chap, he’s on about someone else who keeps saying if someone is treating it carefully then clearly they are treating it like the plague.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I haven't kept talking about in terms of the plague. I was responding to the ridiculous idea someone else posted.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

I haven't kept talking about in terms of the plague. I was responding to the ridiculous idea someone else posted.

Sorry, I'd seen a few references to The Plague and misunderstood your point. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I'm surprised you can taste if you can't smell, the two senses are closely linked. For example, there's a famous experiment you can all try at home: cut a slice of apple and a slice of potato. Now put a peg on your nose, close your eyes, and eat the slices. See if you can tell the difference. 

My taste gradually came back first and now seems to be getting back to normal (5 weeks after covid ) my sense of smell was 100% way behind , very strange but then again what isn’t about all this 

Just now, Stevo985 said:

I really don't understand the attitude towards the boosters. Like I get not wanting the vaccine because you think it's unsafe or whatever. It's bollocks, but at least it makes sense.

These people who were happy to have the vaccine but don't want to keep getting boosters. 

Why?! It's the easiest thing in the world. It takes literally minutes. Once a year, maybe twice.

Stop scrolling through instagram or scratching your balls for half an hour and go and get it done. Then do it again in 12 months.
It really isn't hard. At all

Yeah I don't get it at all. 

I don't know if it's a fear thing, a power thing or what it is. I can't get my head round it. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

In terms of what people are being asked to do to help the country and fellow humans, has it ever been easier than this?  

Sit at home and watch TV for a week if you have it. Wear a mask when you're out and have a free vaccine to protect yourself. 

And some in todays society can't handle it. Yet probably the same people who would claim they'd be first out the boats on D Day if they were there. 

If you’re talking about current rules and guidelines in the UK, maybe. If you’re talking about the monumental burden some groups and industries have carried, and are currently carrying in other countries, through lockdowns and restrictions, it’s way off the mark. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

There's so much government guidance, most people have been moaning there head off about it. I understand the seriousness of Covid as I have lived it for nearly 2 years. So because I have brain, like a few, I can use that guidance and understand it's okay for me to go outside even if I test positive, as long as I'm not in close contact with anyone else.

Government guidance, is exactly that, guidance. Mostly for people who don't understand shit! It's no good getting paranoid about this, as we have to live with this virus for at least another 2-3 years. Use you head, protect yourself and others, an most may not end up going to the asylum.

Isolating after testing positive isn't advice, its the law

• Like 3

Any old people fancy spending a few days swimming in a Petri dish for the good of the nation? 😂😂

The government appeals for qualified teachers across primary, secondary and further education to return to the classroom to help maintain face-to-face teaching.

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-retired-teachers-urged-to-return-to-classrooms-to-cover-staff-absence-as-omicron-takes-hold-12500466

• Haha 1

Â