Generic Virus Thread

villakram

10 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

When I had it, the lethargy lasted about 3-4 months, and it took about 6 for my taste/smell to go back to normal. Fairly mild, at its worst I thought I'd cough my lungs up but I didn't need to get medical attention, I thought I was stuck with it though.

Currently at 2 months without smell... kind of got used to it now but the thought of another 4 months wihout it. 😐 So glad my taste is there.

Just now, MCU said:

Currently at 2 months without smell... kind of got used to it now but the thought of another 4 months wihout it. 😐 So glad my taste is there.

I can't remember the exact milestones, but my smell and taste did come back sooner, maybe 2-3 months in, but everything was just a bit off for a really long time after. For a few days I was throwing food away thinking it was off, but it was just my senses messing with me. Loads of things randomly smelled mildly of onion which made me really, really paranoid about hygiene :D 

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

I can't remember the exact milestones, but my smell and taste did come back sooner, maybe 2-3 months in, but everything was just a bit off for a really long time after. For a few days I was throwing food away thinking it was off, but it was just my senses messing with me. Loads of things randomly smelled mildly of onion which made me really, really paranoid about hygiene :D 

I've heard this quite a bit. Especially with eggs. (not sure if you eat/like eggs) but it's basically put people off them for life.

Also, while I have you... I'm sure I saw you were due to go to a Shikari gig in the concert thread. Did you make it? I saw them in Cardiff last Thursday, think they played Southampton Friday then decided to postpone the rest of the tour today which I'm sure you've seen. Quite sad but understanable. As much as I enjoyed it, I just couldn't help but feel a bit uneasy about it all. Especially this close to Christmas. Is this the way I/we are going to feel now going to big crowded events? Meeh.

13 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Are you sure that wasn't just lots of Simcoe hops?

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Said it before and I'll say it again,

People are selfish. They don't give a **** about everyone else.

I guarantee if the science said that masks protect the wearer, every **** would still be wearing them everywhere.

But because it helps other people, nowhere near as many people wear them

100%.

Going out when tested positive is ridiculous too.  **** state of the public, man :( 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, MCU said:

Also, while I have you... I'm sure I saw you were due to go to a Shikari gig in the concert thread. Did you make it? I saw them in Cardiff last Thursday, think they played Southampton Friday then decided to postpone the rest of the tour today which I'm sure you've seen. Quite sad but understanable. As much as I enjoyed it, I just couldn't help but feel a bit uneasy about it all. Especially this close to Christmas. Is this the way I/we are going to feel now going to big crowded events? Meeh.

I was due to go on this coming Tuesday, and was feeling really uncomfortable about it - I saw it's been postponed and I'm a little relieved tbh. I wouldn't have minded going two weeks ago, but with it shagging christmas plans with isolatiojn, etc, it didn't seem worth it. 

I have loads of gigs I want to go to next year but I'll be cramming them in during the summer and being a bit more cautious in the winter, if it's another year like this, I think.

19 minutes ago, MCU said:

I'm surprised you can taste if you can't smell, the two senses are closely linked. For example, there's a famous experiment you can all try at home: cut a slice of apple and a slice of potato. Now put a peg on your nose, close your eyes, and eat the slices. See if you can tell the difference. 

4 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

It's not the f**** plague! I'm sure it's okay to go for a walk, avoiding people or walking the dogs down the park?  

I believe that is the official guidance, yes.  When you test positive, please go out walking.

9 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I believe that is the official guidance, yes.  When you test positive, please go out walking.

There's so much government guidance, most people have been moaning there head off about it. I understand the seriousness of Covid as I have lived it for nearly 2 years. So because I have brain, like a few, I can use that guidance and understand it's okay for me to go outside even if I test positive, as long as I'm not in close contact with anyone else.

Government guidance, is exactly that, guidance. Mostly for people who don't understand shit! It's no good getting paranoid about this, as we have to live with this virus for at least another 2-3 years. Use you head, protect yourself and others, an most may not end up going to the asylum.

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

There's so much government guidance, most people have been moaning there head off about it. I understand the seriousness of Covid as I have lived it for nearly 2 years. So because I have brain, like a few, I can use that guidance and understand it's okay for me to go outside even if I test positive, as long as I'm not in close contact with anyone else.

Government guidance, is exactly that, guidance. Mostly for people who don't understand shit! It's no good getting paranoid about this, as we have to live with this virus for at least another 2-3 years. Use you head, protect yourself and others, an most may not end up going to the asylum.

I find it astonishing how hard people find it to undertake basic instruction.  "Wear a mask", "isolate after testing positive".

So many selfish pricks out there.

Me and the wife got our 3rd jabs today, same place, same jab - moderna.

I'm absolutely fine, she's got a sore arm, painful joints and a bad headache, currently asleep next to me.

I've had to say I'm feeling wary just for her to feel less hard done by.  

Mad how it hits different in different people 🥺

• Like 2

Â