Generic Virus Thread

villakram

9 minutes ago, bickster said:

Not for Pfizer / Moderna as far as I know

It was never really required for AZ

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/15-minute-observation-period-after-vaccine-temporarily-suspended-to-speed-up-booster-rollout

15-minute observation period after vaccine temporarily suspended to speed up booster rollout 

The move aims to help accelerate the booster programme and get jabs in arms more quickly in light of rising cases of Omicron.

The 15-minute observation period following a vaccination with Pfizer or Moderna will be temporarily suspended as part of new measures to speed up the booster rollout as part of our emergency response to the rapid spread of the Omicron variant.

Published 14th Dec so I guess it depends when you were stuck. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

15 minute wait?

On my flu jab I didn’t even get to sit down!

I handed over my form, nurse walked around the table and jabbed me, stood there.

Yeah me too.  One way system, walk in, jabbed standing up, out the side door. 

Quite impressive actually.  Would be easier to hit the targets if they could get Covid jabs done that way. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Why do we have to quarantine still.  I mean I wouldn't go and party, but surely if we wear a mask we are keeping others safe. Or do the government think most of us are too stupid to adhere to the rules.

We were just going to have two immediate family members over for xmas eve (which is the main event here). According to quarantine rules in Norway, we probably won’t be allowed to do that, even if we all test negative by then. 

Edited by El Zen

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Why do we have to quarantine still.  I mean I wouldn't go and party, but surely if we wear a mask we are keeping others safe. Or do the government think most of us are too stupid to adhere to the rules.

I mean if thats what the Government think then possibly for the first time in a long time they are correct...

• Like 4

Just now, wilko154 said:

I mean if thats what the Government think then possibly for the first time in a long time they are correct...

So yes, they obviously wouldn't say it, but I guess if you can trust yourself, its okay to say, go shopping with a positive test, as long as you keep your mask on and wash your hands.

I mean I know the government are acting as though it's worst than the plague, but as long as you are sensible................

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Shocked 1

I know a few on here think I've got a very militant attitude to Covid but I've just popped down to my local retail park. Had to walk down a SLIGHTLY narrow pavement, not really narrow, probably feels narrower than it is because it's right up against the side of the building. 

Anyway, as I was outside I didn't have my mask on. 2 different people coming the other way with masks on literally flattened themselves against the wall as I came past. 

I've got no problem with that if that's how they feel but I'm clearly not as paranoid as many other people. 

Edited by sidcow

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

I know a few on here think I've got a very militant attitude to Covid but I've just popped down to my local retail park. Had to walk down a SLIGHTLY narrow pavement, not really narrow, probably feels narrower than it is because it's right up against the side of the building. 

Anyway, as I was outside I didn't have my mask on. 2 different people coming the other way with masks on literally flattened themselves against the wall as I came past. 

I've got no problem with that if that's how they feel but I'm clearly not as paranoid as many other people. 

Maybe you forgot to put deodorant on? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, wilko154 said:

I would say it's probably not ok to go out with a positive test.

Seeing as the world has been on stop for the last 18 months due to the Covid virus, going out whilst positive for the virus with a bit of cloth over your mouth is a pretty selfish thing to do.

So masks don't work if your positive?

58 minutes ago, bickster said:

Not for Pfizer / Moderna as far as I know

It was never really required for AZ

Definitely still there for all of them. But they can’t force you to stay. With AZ it was if you drove there. Because I live on the same road as the hospital where I got my jabs, I said I’m walking home, rather than waiting in a room full of other people, if I feel I’ll I’ll walk back, and they said fine, we can’t force you to wait here.

Â