The Hung Like a Donkey General Election December 2019 Thread

Jareth

Which Cunch of Bunts are you voting for?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Which Cunch of Bunts Gets Your Hard Fought Cross

• The Evil Abusers Of The Working Man Dark Blue Team
    • The Hopelessly Divided Unicorn Chasing Red Team
    • The Couldn't Trust Them Even You Wanted To Yellow Team
    • The Demagogue Worshiping Light Blue Corportation
    • The Hippy Drippy Green Team
    • One of the Parties In The Occupied Territories That Hates England
    • I Live In Northern Ireland And My Choice Is Dictated By The Leader Of A Cult
    • I'm Out There And Found Someone Else To Vote For

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/19 at 23:00

Just now, Awol said:

Agreed. The poll doesn’t account for Labour’s not-so-secret weapon, massive postal vote fraud. 

Just you wait until Royal Mail is nationalised, they'll never lose an election again! 

What makes you believe that there is massive postal vote fraud?

2 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

Just you wait until Royal Mail is nationalised, they'll never lose an election again! 

What makes you believe that there is massive postal vote fraud?

A quick google reveals the dozens of articles addressing it in different constituencies and across many elections.

The most recent example was the Peterborough by-Election, where Labour had a guy working on their local campaign who had previously been jailed for organising postal vote fraud, in the same constituency, on behalf of Labour. 

The authorities shy away from it where they can because it puts the whole system into disrepute. 

3 minutes ago, Awol said:

A quick google reveals the dozens of articles addressing it in different constituencies and across many elections.

The most recent example was the Peterborough by-Election, where Labour had a guy working on their local campaign who had previously been jailed for organising postal vote fraud, in the same constituency, on behalf of Labour. 

The authorities shy away from it where they can because it puts the whole system into disrepute. 

The electoral commission have put together a fairly substantial report that can be found via a quick google. It’s 28 pages long so haven’t digested it. A fair few cases of electoral fraud but from the glance it doesn’t appear to go into party specifics. 

7 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

The electoral commission have put together a fairly substantial report that can be found via a quick google. It’s 28 pages long so haven’t digested it. A fair few cases of electoral fraud but from the glance it doesn’t appear to go into party specifics. 

The electoral commission is entirely  partisan, thoroughly discredited by the spurious allegations it made against individuals on the Leave side of the referendum. Aaron Banks, Darren Grimes and Leave.EU we’re all cleared in court of false allegations made by the commission. It’s an establishment staffed quango with zero credibility. 

6 minutes ago, Awol said:

The electoral commission is entirely  partisan, thoroughly discredited by the spurious allegations it made against individuals on the Leave side of the referendum. Aaron Banks, Darren Grimes and Leave.EU we’re all cleared in court of false allegations made by the commission. It’s an establishment staffed quango with zero credibility. 

Ok if that’s the route then I discredit the electoral commission and there are no cases of electoral fraud. Change approved. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Ok if that’s the route then I discredit the electoral commission and there are no cases of electoral fraud. Change approved. 

The Labour postal vote fraud gang in Peterborough were convicted and jailed by the criminal courts, not a bunch of retired Remainer politicians. Glad we’re agreed on the electoral commission, though! 

9 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

We are a stupidly inconsistent nation then considering we voted for Brexit. :bang:

Not really, because the consistency there is fervent nationalism and that’s what wins the day.

Edited by Wainy316

9 hours ago, avfcDJ said:

Where do you all get your news from?

Any sites we can rely on?

I quite like the Ukpollingreport blog when it comes to analysis of polls.  It goes into a bit more detail about why and how they've come about and the discussions are decent and less partisan.  I believe it's run by someone high up at YouGov.

• Thanks 2

I think most polls are likely weighted towards a lower turnout, and less young voters as well. 

Pretty standard for polls to predict turnout as part of their analysis, and I would think they expect less for general, and for young.

Still haven't had my postal vote 😳

Johnson accused of racial stereotyping with view on Nigerians

'Boris Johnson has been accused of pushing racial stereotypes over a newly-unearthed column written during his time as editor of the Spectator in which he said young people had “an almost Nigerian interest in money”.

The prime minister has been under pressure in recent months over a series of comments he made during his career as a columnist, writer and editor, including referring to black people as “piccaninnies” with “watermelon smiles” and arguing Islam has caused the Muslim world to be “literally centuries behind” the west.

In another column which has come to light, Johnson blamed single mothers for “producing a generation of ill-raised, ignorant, aggressive and illegitimate children”, saying that social housing was an enticement for them to become pregnant.

The new columns emerged after the chancellor, Sajid Javid, refused seven times to say whether he would use the terms “bank robber” or “letterbox” to describe Muslim women who wear a burka, as Johnson did last year.

The Conservative party leader wrote in a diary piece for the Independent on Sunday in October 1999 that Tony Blair had made people feel good about getting rich.

He added: “All the young people I know – ie those under 30 – are just as avaricious as we flinty Thatcherite yuppies of the 1980s in fact, they have an almost Nigerian interest in money and gadgets of all kinds.”'

more on link: https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/nov/28/johnson-accused-of-racial-stereotyping-with-view-on-nigerians