The Apprentice 2019

andykeenan

Returns tonight 9pm BBC 1 

Week 1 

The 16 candidates are sent 6,000 miles from home, to the city of Cape Town in South Africa. Voted the best city in the world to visit, the candidates will have the opportunity to capitalise on the booming tourism market as they set up their own safari and vineyard tours.One team’s brash approach to ticket sales causes commotion, while on the other team premium prices prove problematic. With refunds on the horizon, both teams put on their tours. Lost customers send one team’s tour into turmoil, and on the other team big promises leads to bigger problems.Back in the boardroom, there is no time for jet lag as Lord Sugar is on the prowl for explanations. One candidate will become the first to be told, 'You’re fired!'

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Week 2 

Lord Sugar summons the candidates to Alexandra Palace. In the centre of the venue’s famous ice rink, he reveals to them that for this week’s task they will be creating and selling their own range of ice lollies. They will need to create two original lollies each, one to pitch to a corporate client and the other to sell to the general public. As well as developing their original flavours the teams need to get their skates on as they will have to manufacture all their lollies before they can sell them. The task requires creativity in the kitchen while always keeping an eye on the margins. Get either of these wrong and they could receive an icy reception in the boardroom.  LIn the kitchen, one team takes a gamble with daring ingredients, while on the other team a last-minute switch leads to a chilly corporate meeting.  In the boardroom, one team is frozen out and one candidate put on ice as they become the second person to be told, 'You’re Fired!'

On 03/10/2019 at 00:08, tonyh29 said:

Only watched the opening segment and I already want to punch most of the candidates ... it can only get better from here ... can’t it ? 

After watching last night's,  I think you could negotiate with them and they would pay you to punch them.  

Week 3

For Week Three, Lord Sugar asks the candidates to meet him at London’s Cambridge Theatre, home to the Royal Shakespeare Company’s Matilda the Musical.The teams are sent back to school as on stage they are greeted by the scariest head teacher in the business.Lord Sugar reveals that for this week’s task they will be creating a toy for 6-8-year olds along with an online video to promote their brand.Toys will be made overnight and they will then pitch to some of the biggest names in the toy industry for orders.The task will test the teams’ imaginations as they hope to produce a winning toy, otherwise they could be facing a telling off in the boardroom.In the boardroom, playtime is over as one team gets shelved and on the losing team, detention is dished out as one candidate is told – “You’re Fired!”

Week 4

For Week Four, Lord Sugar summons the candidates to the London Transport Museum, home to 200 years of transport history, where he reveals to them that for this week’s task they will be creating and selling their own range of electric bikes.They will need to create a prototype e-bike and plan and host their own launch event, at which they will attempt to sell their new bikes to some of the UK’s biggest cycle retailers.Half of each team heads to Nottingham to develop their new bikes, where indecision sends one team into a wheelspin, while for the other team colour clashes nearly cause a collision. The other half of each team stays in London to choose accessories and create marketing materials. There are tough negotiations and, for one team, a last-minute change in direction. At their events, both teams try to peddle their bikes to retailers. Poor pricing strategies and pushy tactics means sales are an uphill struggle. Then, in the boardroom, the wheels come off and one member of the losing team is told – “You’re Fired!”

On 10/10/2019 at 06:24, Seat68 said:

Lord Sugar still not caring that people think he has a problem with black and Asian people. 

It does make you wonder doesn't it? I have noticed this. Although the correct person got fired this week.

She looked like she wanted to get fired and wasn't enjoying it

my mate knows that cockney bloke and no surprise he is dodgey as f***!

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 2

On 02/10/2019 at 23:44, KHV said:

My old boss from Virgin Media is on there! Scarlett

I assumed that you would expand on this at some point but you haven't. She seems really nice and also competent, are you going to tell me she is actually a useless bitch 😯

Edited by poitier

11 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

It does make you wonder doesn't it? I have noticed this. Although the correct person got fired this week.

She looked like she wanted to get fired and wasn't enjoying it

my mate knows that cockney bloke and no surprise he is dodgey as f***!

Didn't a BAME woman win it last year?

Â