Players in the England squad

andycv

Not sure on Heaton, will need a very good season and a fall in fortunes for Pickford and Foster. I can see Southgate going younger for new call ups than Heaton, even in goal.

Jack will certainly get a call up at some point he just needs a good run of games and Southgate will do it.

From our current crop just those 2. Would like to think Konsa would get himself in contention in the future but that's just bias talking as he's not even in contention for our first XI at the minute unless injuries hit. 

There are a few potential internationals in the squad but it's not all England in the way it was a few years back. 

Edited by HalfTimePost

3 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

When is the Belgian squad announced? Is Engels realistically going to get a call?

I googled that trying to find out ifits being announced today, couldn't find anything though.

Yeah seems he does have a chance.

Mount called up ahead of Grealish, eh.......kinda wonder how much of that is big club bias.

no way did he have a better season than grealish last year.

Edited by MaVilla

tbf... Mount has had an excellent start to his PL campaign and I can understand why he's been picked ahead of Jack. We all know what Jack is capable of, and I don't think he's shown that yet in the first 3 PL games. It will come with time though.

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 3

He has started the season better than Jack, and in the limited games available I guess that's why. Southgate does rate Jack, I'm sure of it and a good run of performances will see him in one of the subsequent squads

Â