Cameron Archer

Zatman

12 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Wild claim. 

I don’t think it’s particularly wild to be honest. Nketiah has been about for a while now and only just really finding in his feet in the best Arsenal team for over a decade. Archer needs a full season somewhere to really judge him though. 

• Like 2

https://www.oneboro.co.uk/forum/topic/13365-boro-v-watford-2-0-akpom-forss/?do=findComment&comment=918423

I just texted a friend of mine who is on the Villa coaching staff and just said Thanks mate.  Just come back to say you ain’t seen nothing yet just wait until he is fully fit. How Danny Ings kept this lad out of the first team is beyond me.

3 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

People used to laugh their heads off when we said Grealish was better than Alli.

Archer isn't anywhere near Grealish level though. 

I think there may be some getting carried away here - I think he's a decent player that will have a good career at the good end of the Championship and occasionally in a Premier league team fighting relegation - he reminds me a little bit of Dwight Gayle, and I think if he has a career to match, he'll have done well.

I can't see him ever regularly starting here.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think there may be some getting carried away here - I think he's a decent player that will have a good career at the good end of the Championship and occasionally in a Premier league team fighting relegation - he reminds me a little bit of Dwight Gayle, and I think if he has a career to match, he'll have done well.

Is Nketiah at a particularly high level yet though?

6 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Is Nketiah at a particularly high level yet though?

As an individual?

In terms of the level he's playing at, there isn't a higher level, he's become the preferred front man for a side that could end up being in the top three Premier league sides of all time in terms of points scored and he looks likely to finish the season with a Premier league winners medal.

Individually he's come on leaps and bounds physically this season having piled on some muscle over the summer with the aid of some sort of training/gym guru the club set him up with. 

He's by no means the strength of that Arsenal side, but I think right now he's playing at a different level to Archer and I don't personally think that Archer will play at that level in his career.

33 minutes ago, Lupinthe5th said:

Happy he played well! Maybe we can more than 10 million for him in the summer

Not happening yet. He’s been tied down to a long term deal. The club want to see how he develops. He’ll get another 12 months in the championship and then we’ll decide whether to sell or keep. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I know what you mean but he has 3 things that stand out for me.   First of all being completely 2 footed. And secondly he plays with his head up. And finally his movement is brilliant.  He can play anywhere across the front 3 .  

But he hasnt been trusted with a premier league start or even a decent amount of time on the pitch. So our management obviously see something lacking.  I just can't see what it is. 

7 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

As an individual?

In terms of the level he's playing at, there isn't a higher level, he's become the preferred front man for a side that could end up being in the top three Premier league sides of all time in terms of points scored and he looks likely to finish the season with a Premier league winners medal.

Individually he's come on leaps and bounds physically this season having piled on some muscle over the summer with the aid of some sort of training/gym guru the club set him up with. 

He's by no means the strength of that Arsenal side, but I think right now he's playing at a different level to Archer and I don't personally think that Archer will play at that level in his career.

Yeah I meant as an individual. Fair enough though.

Sad we kept him for 6 months and gave him zero opportunities almost disgraceful. 

His stats are similar to Harry Kane's before he made his big breakthrough, I mean what could of been. 

I wonder what message the Duran signing sends out to him. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Not happening yet. He’s been tied down to a long term deal. The club want to see how he develops. He’ll get another 12 months in the championship and then we’ll decide whether to sell or keep. 

Well hopefully he has a good run for Boro and we can line him up for a loan to a lower PL side for next season or maybe a top tier abroad, there always seems to be English players joining the Bundesliga these days. I've said before but it's a shame / poor management that we didn't loan him out in the summer as we'd have a far better understanding of his current level after a full championship season under his belt, he probably still needs a full season somewhere for him to progress and for us to assess

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KAZZAM said:

Sad we kept him for 6 months and gave him zero opportunities almost disgraceful. 

His stats are similar to Harry Kane's before he made his big breakthrough, I mean what could of been. 

I wonder what message the Duran signing sends out to him. 

To be fair you could say his loan history is better than kane before he made his breakthrough...

Too early to write him off yet but its uphill from here

But then 2 years ago it was uphill too and he came relatively out of nowhere, off the radar, so still got high hopes for him

1 hour ago, david-avfc said:

Well hopefully he has a good run for Boro and we can line him up for a loan to a lower PL side for next season or maybe a top tier abroad, there always seems to be English players joining the Bundesliga these days. I've said before but it's a shame / poor management that we didn't loan him out in the summer as we'd have a far better understanding of his current level after a full championship season under his belt, he probably still needs a full season somewhere for him to progress and for us to assess

Poor management from Steven? Never...

Â