Loan Watch 2019/20

Hornso

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Hepburn-Murphy's not doing too well it seems, in fact I'm not sure any of them are really aside from Sarkic who seems to be doing well at keeping the jersey.

o'Hare started well at Cov but has he gone off the boil too now?

They're relatively young players in unimpressive teams, so form will be up and down. For JDH and CoH it'll be hard to break into our team, as midfield is arguably our strongest area, but Sarkic has a good opportunity to prove himself and push to be Heaton's replacement long term. 

10 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Hepburn-Murphy's not doing too well it seems, in fact I'm not sure any of them are really aside from Sarkic who seems to be doing well at keeping the jersey.

o'Hare started well at Cov but has he gone off the boil too now?

Cov fan at work loves O’Hare, says every game he’s one of the best on the pitch, works tirelessly and always looking to drive forward. 

7 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Looks like an excellent performance from Doyle-Hayes there.

He's done really well there. I hope it'll be enough for a new contract and the chance to fight for a place because I really love it when academy players come through. 

• Like 4

Summary from Wednesday night

Bree (Luton)
Away at Fulham (3-2) - Substituted after 69 minutes. WhoScored.com rating of 6.37.

O'Hare (Coventry)
Home to Fleetwood (2-1) - Played 90 minutes. WhoScored.com rating of 6.45.

Edited by Hornso
  • Thanks 1

Summary from the weekend - O'Hare continues to perform

Bree (Luton)
Away at SHA (2-1) - Unused substitute.

Doyle-Hayes (Cheltenham)
Away at Grimsby - Postponed.

Green (Preston)
Home to Blackburn (3-2) - Not in the squad.

Hepburn-Murphy (Tranmere)
Home to Doncaster - Postponed.

Hogan (Stoke)
Away at Millwall (2-0) - Replaced at half time. WhoScored.com rating of 5.94. Touch Count: 11

O'Hare (Coventry)
Away at Peterborough (2-2) - Played 90 minutes. WhoScored.com rating of 7.25.

Sarkic (Livingston)
Home to Hearts (0-0) - Played 90 minutes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 22/10/2019 at 05:43, lexicon said:

They're relatively young players in unimpressive teams, so form will be up and down. For JDH and CoH it'll be hard to break into our team, as midfield is arguably our strongest area, but Sarkic has a good opportunity to prove himself and push to be Heaton's replacement long term. 

Then we either need to upgrade their loans to send them to Championship clubs next season, or sell them with clauses (just incase they turn out to something great).

2 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Then we either need to upgrade their loans to send them to Championship clubs next season, or sell them with clauses (just incase they turn out to something great).

I think this season will be defining in their Villa careers, as the 3 who have a good chance of making it (JDH, CoH, Sarkic) are first team and showing what they can do - our scouts will be watching and be able to evaluate whether they're good enough or not. If they're unsure, it'll basically mean they aren't good enough IMO.

6 hours ago, lexicon said:

I think this season will be defining in their Villa careers, as the 3 who have a good chance of making it (JDH, CoH, Sarkic) are first team and showing what they can do - our scouts will be watching and be able to evaluate whether they're good enough or not. If they're unsure, it'll basically mean they aren't good enough IMO.

Maybe its because we have better players than them and at the moment we can’t afford to even rotate them?

Thats why I’m saying we need to give Davis as much of chances as we can before getting another striker. After January he might not have chance to show what he got. Its his chance now with the lack of choices upfront.

3 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Maybe its because we have better players than them and at the moment we can’t afford to even rotate them?

Thats why I’m saying we need to give Davis as much of chances as we can before getting another striker. After January he might not have chance to show what he got. Its his chance now with the lack of choices upfront.

Well that's the point of the loan really, isn't it? We can see what they can do without risking it ourselves and when they do get some minutes, there'll be less pressure as they've got proper senior experience.

With Davis, I definitely agree that he should get minutes but I think we should be looking for more of a pacey tricky forward or one who could also play out wide - so we have other options. Davis and Wesley are similar enough, not exactly the same but they can fight for that spot. Just saw a video of Donyell Malen today - that's exactly the type of player I'd like. 

Â