Loan Watch 2019/20

Hornso

2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I wonder why Steve Bruce couldn’t get the best out of him when he was here, I guess some players just fit at clubs for some reason 

In fairness he didn't really fire under Smith here. Or at Sheffield United and Stoke.

2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

You’ve written us off staying up then? I’d snap your hand off for 17th

Think Watford have far more firepower than us. Bowen will make west ham better. It'll be tight. April looks terrible for us with those fixtures.

27 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Think Watford have far more firepower than us. Bowen will make west ham better. It'll be tight. April looks terrible for us with those fixtures.

I think Samatta is better than Deeney from what I’ve seen so far of him but I think Sarr is excellent and he’d walk in to our team, same goes for Deulofeu. I think their fans would say the same about Grealish

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think Samatta is better than Deeney from what I’ve seen so far of him but I think Sarr is excellent and he’d walk in to our team, same goes for Deulofeu. I think their fans would say the same about Grealish

Said it at the time, those results at home to Burnley, West Ham, and Bournemouth will come back to haunt us yet. They'll be telling when all's said and done.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Said it at the time, those results at home to Burnley, West Ham, and Bournemouth will come back to haunt us yet. They'll be telling when all's said and done.

I agree, when you’re in a relegation battle, you have to beat the teams in and around you, otherwise you’ll pay the ultimate price 

On 01/03/2020 at 07:25, sir_gary_cahill said:

Off topic but Deulofeu is gone for the season now and a decent chunk of next I'd imagine.

• Thanks 1

Summary from the weekend - Scott Hogan can't stop scoring

Bree (Luton)
Home to Stoke (1-1) - Unused sub.

Brunt (Gloucester City)
Home to Alfreton Town - Postponed.

Chester (Stoke)
Away at Luton (1-1) - Played 90 minutes. WhoScored.com rating of 6.21.

Doyle-Hayes (Cheltenham)
Away at Colchester (0-2) - Not in the squad (groin injury).

Green (Charlton)
Away at Huddersfield (4-0) - Played 90 minutes. WhoScored.com rating of 6.08.

Guy (Belper Town)
Home to Chasetown (0-1) - Substituted after 69 minutes.

Hepburn-Murphy (Derby U/23s)
Home to Brighton U/23s (1-4) - Substituted at half time. 

Hogan (SHA)
Away at QPR (2-2) - Played 90 minutes. Scored twice. WhoScored.com rating of 7.82. Touch Count: 24.

Kalinic (Toulouse)
Home to Rennes (0-2) - Not in the squad (hamstring injury).

O'Hare (Coventry)
Home to Sunderland (1-0) - Played 90 minutes. WhoScored.com rating of 6.65.

Ramsey (Doncaster)
Home to Wycombe (3-1) - Substituted after 85 minutes. WhoScored.com rating of 6.77.

Walker (Banbury United)
Away at Biggleswade Town - Postponed.

• Thanks 2

59 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Hogan form is unbelievable. It has to be with them though.

Atm he has the joint highest strike rate of any player in the Championship for any player who's at least played 300 minutes of football in terms of minutes per goal. Could maybe even hit 20 goals this season if he continues his current form.

Edit: Actually, a near one goal per game rate wouuld put him at 19 goals by the end of the season.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

Summary from midweek

Hogan (SHA)
Away at Leicester City [FA Cup] (1-0) - Played 90 minutes. WhoScored.com rating of 6.38. Touch count: 25.

Walker (Banbury United)
Home to Needham Market (4-2) - Played 90 minutes.

12 hours ago, Hornso said:

Walker (Banbury United)
Home to Needham Market (4-2) - Played 90 minutes.

Apparently, he 'assisted the assister':

'From the halfway line, Jake Walker played the ball across to Fairlamb who laid the ball into the path of Ravin Shamsi. He charged towards goal, leaving the Needham defence in his wake, and as he neared the Marketmen's 'keeper Marcus Garnham, he turned and shot across the visitor's custodian, and just inside the far post.'

From: https://www.banburyunitedfc.co.uk/teams/24168/match-centre/1-4942570/report

(Banbury have much better match reports than our youth teams it seems)

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Summary from the weekend and slightly beyond (when football was still being played)

Bree (Luton)
Away at Wigan (0-0) - Unused sub.

Brunt (Gloucester City)
Away at Kettering Town (1-1) - Substituted after 84 minutes.
Home to Farsley Celtic (2-1) - Substituted after 58 minutes.

Chester (Stoke)
Home to Hull (5-1) - Played 90 minutes. WhoScored.com rating of 6.94.

Doyle-Hayes (Cheltenham)
Home to Port Vale (0-0) - Came on after 58 minutes. WhoScored.com rating of 6.49.

Green (Charlton)
Home to Middlesbrough (0-1) - Played 90 minutes. WhoScored.com rating of 6.78.

Guy (Belper Town)
Home to Cleethorpes Town (1-2) - Not in the squad.
Away at Stocksbridge Park (0-0) - Unused substitute.
Away at Newcastle Town (0-2) - Unused substitute.

Hepburn-Murphy (Derby U/23s)
Home to Middlesbrough U/23s (6-0) - Played 90 minutes. Scored twice & an assist.

Hogan (SHA)
Home to Reading (1-3) - Played 90 minutes. Scored. WhoScored.com rating of 6.65. Touch Count: 32.

Kalinic (Toulouse)
Away at Dijon (2-1) - Not in the squad (hamstring injury).

O'Hare (Coventry)
Away at Ipswich (0-1) - Substituted after 84 minutes. WhoScored.com rating of 6.55.

Ramsey (Doncaster)
Away at MK Dons (0-1) - Substituted after 86 minutes. Scored. WhoScored.com rating of 7.28.

Walker (Banbury United)
Home to Rushden & Diamonds (2-1) - Played 90 minutes.
Home to Oxford City (2-4) - Played 90 minutes.

• Thanks 2

Â