Aston Villa Women

mikeyp102

Rachel Maltby has been named in the England U17 squad for the Euro Qualifiers, Lakeisha Phipps who was in the squad in September misses out, not sure if injured, or just not selected as it's a much smaller group this time.

We've got a few others involved at U17 level last season, Sophia Poor, Mia Sorrentino, Ruby-Mae Tucker, Millie Curnyn, and Milly Round, but with the exception of Round I think they're all injured at the moment, and unless they were playing an age up last season, will be considered more for the U18s or U19s at international level this season, just guessing here, but I think if fit Poor would have been in the recent U19 squad.

We had a few that made their England U16 debuts in the international break just gone, Bella Gurling being one of them, another we took from Leicester, and we've got a few in the current England U15 squad, including Freya Hirons, also from Leicester.

Other than Poor and Round, who I've seen play a few times, no idea how good any of these are, or if they stand much of a chance of making it with us, but getting international recognition is a good sign hopefully, Tucker has also made our first team bench, since turning professional we've only given professional contracts to an handful of academy products, so not easy to graduate to our first team.

Hopefully this coming week is where we turn our season around, Chelsea is going to be incredibly tough tomorrow, but after that we play Sheffield United in the week, and then Bristol City next weekend, so hopefully some more positive results on the way, plus Hanson and Dali returning.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

She's getting fired isn't she.

Think at this point you have to consider that she has taken us as far as she can, and we need to change. We can’t lose the first 5 games of the season and think that everything will be fine, we are supposed to be continuously improving. Change it up before it’s too late. 

• Like 1

Â