Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi 2019/2020

villalad21

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

I’d say that’s why he’s still going at international level

I think they're producing young talent at a rate probably only 2nd to france, they'll have a good squad for 2021 and 2022 

and would it seem like a massive stretch to suggest that he's still around in 2026? would be interesting to see if he lines up a MLS move and stays there until that's done (he wont be the only player eying that up)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I think they're producing young talent at a rate probably only 2nd to france, they'll have a good squad for 2021 and 2022 

and would it seem like a massive stretch to suggest that he's still around in 2026? would be interesting to see if he lines up a MLS move and stays there until that's done (he wont be the only player eying that up)

That old rape case might hinder that. Not that he'd ever be convicted but I doubt it would go away either if he moved there.

He owns a lot of properties in NY so MLS may very well happen.

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

The official Fifa record is 180 by Sinclair of Canada. I wonder would he even try for that 😂

Ladies football. She’s up to 186 now and has 296 international caps. As far as I can tell she’s played more games for Canada than she has for all her clubs combined. 

But to the point, no. He’ll probably look at retiring after Qatar 2022 which gives him plenty of time to break the men’s record. If somehow he’s still not made it by that point then don’t be surprised if Portugal arrange a couple of friendlies against San Marino and Andorra.  😅

2 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

If somehow he’s still not made it by that point then don’t be surprised if Portugal arrange a couple of friendlies against San Marino and Andorra.  😅

I bet they’d be up for it to play against Ronaldo

3 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

But to the point, no. He’ll probably look at retiring after Qatar 2022 which gives him plenty of time to break the men’s record. If somehow he’s still not made it by that point then don’t be surprised if Portugal arrange a couple of friendlies against San Marino and Andorra.  😅

They actually play Andorra soon in a friendly 😂

• Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Genie said:

I bet Ronaldo is delighted to be starting on the bench tonight against Andorra... it’s a bit random as I’d assume the game was setup for him to break the scoring record.

Comes off the bench at half time to score only 1 in a 7-0 rout. 102 international goals now I believe.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

8 league goals in 5 games for Ronaldo this season but watching Juventus highlights the scary part is he is now assisting others from goalscoring positions. Kulusevski and Dybala wasted great chances he created

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

8 league goals in 5 games for Ronaldo this season but watching Juventus highlights the scary part is he is now assisting others from goalscoring positions. Kulusevski and Dybala wasted great chances he created

Incredible record but I’m beginning to question the standard of defending in Italy. Ronaldo and Zlatan really shouldn’t be scoring so many goals should they? Lukaku scoring a lot more than he did in England too.

7 minutes ago, Genie said:

Incredible record but I’m beginning to question the standard of defending in Italy. Ronaldo and Zlatan really shouldn’t be scoring so many goals should they? Lukaku scoring a lot more than he did in England too.

Serie A is no longer the negative defensive stereotype of the past. Majority of the teams play attacking open football and teams like Atalanta, Sassuolo and Lazio play some of the best stuff in Europe. Probably the ost entertaining league at the moment 

Also in Italy they do give a lot of penalties through Var 

• Like 1

33 y.o Jamie Vardy has 8 in 7 for Leicester and had 23 last season. Is it because he's a good finisher or because the defending in the PL is poor?

One of the things that grinds my gears (as Peter Griffin would say) is that whenever a player does something outside the PL it's always because that league is crap, or they can't defend, or the forwards are poor, or the league is uneven, or the players are soft, or they would no be able to do that a cold night in Stoke or whatever.

How about some credit where credit is due.

Not aimed at any specific poster, just a general observation.

Edited by sne
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Â