Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi 2019/2020

villalad21

their best 2 CBs have a combined age of 69, the keeper is ok but not CL winning class and his back up is 43 year old buffon, the RB is a winger, they have some good players especially in CM but they're young and still developing, lots of experience in some areas but then missing experience in others, they have 4 players in the 25 to 29 "peak" range, they only have a 22 man squad propped up by youngsters and then 33 players out on loan and then the main thing if you're honest the last couple of managers havent been good enough to win the CL

you can read that and just imagine messi saying "**** tell me about pal"

22 man squad with 33 players out on loan, insane

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

their best 2 CBs have a combined age of 69, the keeper is ok but not CL winning class and his back up is 43 year old buffon, the RB is a winger, they have some good players especially in CM but they're young and still developing, lots of experience in some areas but then missing experience in others, they have 4 players in the 25 to 29 "peak" range, they only have a 22 man squad propped up by youngsters and then 33 players out on loan and then the main thing if you're honest the last couple of managers havent been good enough to win the CL

you can read that and just imagine messi saying "**** tell me about pal"

22 man squad with 33 players out on loan, insane

centre midfield is actually the major weakness in the Juventus squad, everything else they are fine just have nothing in midfield when McKennie doesnt play. Too many same Westwood like midfielders doing nothing like Ramsey, Rabiot, Bentancur and Arthur. They had play Danilo there recently and he was better than most

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Pele congratulates Ronaldo on going past his official goal tally, i bet Pele is scrolling through the achives to find more of them goals he claimed he scored fpr his 1000 or so 😂

Nearly 80 and in poor health I doubt if hes bothered. I think the congratulations would be genuine. Hes always been the most humble of men.  Theres a neighbour who was telling me that where brazil trained during the 66 world cup. He was having a kickaround with some friends on one of the pitches and Pele came and joined them .He was great with the kids. 

Edited by PaulC

5 hours ago, PaulC said:

Nearly 80 and in poor health I doubt if hes bothered. I think the congratulations would be genuine. Hes always been the most humble of men.  Theres a neighbour who was telling me that where brazil trained during the 66 world cup. He was having a kickaround with some friends on one of the pitches and Pele came and joined them .He was great with the kids. 

How many goals did he score?

Edited by jimmygreaves
  • Haha 3

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Ronaldo apparently will leave Juventus and return to Sporting in the summer 

I thought he might go to United but then they secured Cavani for another year so that’s that.

7 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

It always amazes me how willing clubs are to let Ronaldo go.

Interesting way of looking at it. Man Utd “let him go” for a world record £80m. Real Madrid then “let him go” for £99m at the age of 33.

I also imagine there’s (definitely now) 2 things with Ronaldo; a) his say is very powerful. If he wants to move, he’ll move possibly because b) I imagine he’s a bad egg to have around IF he’s unhappy (could be unfair, very much speculative). 

I'd imagine players like Ronaldo are as much athletes as they are marketing tools. 

And I guess last year wasn't great for marketing or kids buying football shirts, so they need to get rid if he is not to become a financial burden.

Also, Ronaldo will not play in Europa League. No way. 

Juventus are an organisational shit show, Ronaldo is on about a million a week but was a signing they didnt really need. They wasted so much wages on shit free transfers like Rabiot, Ramsey, Khedira and Emre Can that they are so unbalanced. 

Ronaldo has probably been the reason they are still competing in Serie A but in Europe they were exposed

• Like 1

Â